SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2011, 12:51 PM

Re: just recieved my new svx and its not looking good,

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsvx View Post
yea you can really see the damage in the pics clearly but in person its pretty obvous,
Rust... see attachment.

Making the crooked dealer give me a full refund drove the SVX form people that are in the worlds oldest profession bonkers, if you get my drift. The way they do it does not involve sex, just cars.

You have to protect your self from the onset for the money back on an "as is" to happen.

Claims made on the internet can constitute fraud in certain cases. The government loves to nail the crooks for you... and when presented right, they know it! But... you have to do it right.

See attachment

Keith
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 97 SVX Art rust 2.jpg (153.5 KB, 218 views)
Old 07-18-2011, 01:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwren View Post
Rust... see attachment.

Making the crooked dealer give me a full refund drove the SVX form people that are in the worlds oldest profession bonkers, if you get my drift. The way they do it does not involve sex, just cars.

You have to protect your self from the onset for the money back on an "as is" to happen.

Claims made on the internet can constitute fraud in certain cases. The government loves to nail the crooks for you... and when presented right, they know it! But... you have to do it right.

See attachment

Keith
Keith, I would not sell you a car under any circumstances.
2001 Audi S8
Old 07-18-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1995SVX View Post
Keith, I would not sell you a car under any circumstances.
God sends me a special blessing every day, and for today, with my son and a friend coming over and moving my stash of marble for me and now, with your promise... my quota has been exceeded!

And I would like to add... probably one of your "better? decisions!

Thanks!

Keith

Last edited by kwren; 07-18-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:42 PM

Registered SVX

Keith, wasn't that car sold "as is"?

'92 Ls-L Dark Teal
11:1 CR ECUTUNE pistons
ECUTUNE .256 duration intake/exhaust cams
ECUTUNE STAGE 2AV1 ECU
Z32 MAF/SR20DET injectors
Balanced & Blueprinted
Old 07-19-2011, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
Yes it was!
Remember Bill Clinton? "It depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is.

The "is" was exactly what they claimed on the internet, and it turned out that the car was not the is it was claimed by the seller to be.
It was across the country from us and We could not get a flight there to go see it. We tried... My only course of action was to protect our interest in multiple ways and I did that. This was from a luxery car dealer with many great cars, but they elected to make claims on the internet that protected us from a scam. Since a dealer has to obey the law, there was no choice but to refund the purchase price. I, of course, had proof of everything they said about the car. They actually claimed the SVX had "no rust".
I had the car delivered to a subaru dealer in Auburn for inspection and actually never took possession of it from the dealer. They called me and told me about the rust and when I went over to look at it, I really tried to work out a way I could live with it. The rust under the car would have prevented me from repairing almost anything that would need to be repaired later because it was so rusty that much of it couldn't be taken apart. It was a beautiful car on the outside.

The rust actually wasn't the deal breaker. I would have taken my lumps... When the transporter picked it up it tracked so bad that he was surprised that the seller would sell a car in that condition. I kept in touch with the transporter all the way to Washington state from Ohio.

To try to make it track properly, the seller did agreed to let the Subaru dealer service it and pay for the fluid change service to try to get it to work. That probably would have fixed it. However, it had mismatched tires on it, which I knew about from the beginning, and to change the fluid and drive it to work would require a new set of tires.

I already planed to buy new tires before I drove it a mile, but I had no intention of buying new tires with the possibility that it would not track correctly. The seller would not agree to repair it if the fluid change didn't work, and since he advertized it on the internet, claiming "no issues" I decided to get the money back. That was the deal breaker and I would never have let him off the hook... not in a million years.

I already had one great lo-mileage SVX but that was a 97 with only 17k on it. Since their scam didn't work, I have purchased another great one from Calif, my best one! The last one was from a great honest person... There actually are some SVX owners that have great, well maintained cars and are great people that decide to sell their cars!

Thanks for asking.

A word of caution. If you aren't able to protect yourself, stay out of the market with the people in the "world's oldest profession"!!!

Keith
Old 07-19-2011, 05:05 AM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
Let's not go through this again, please.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 07-19-2011, 07:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX

so you guys think i should fight the dealer more, ?

i alreayd spent an hour arguing over the phone with the owner with no luck, the only thing he would do for me is send me a check for 400.00 which was the difference they sold me the car for "there profit" 400.00 for a car with this much work needed is a drop in the bucket,

im really torn on what to do, put the money into it ? trade it in at a local used car lot for a jalopie and take the loss ? seek a lawyer and pay lawyer fee's and waite for months?

mechanically i can probably get it back to shape for around 1,500 at best guess, cosmeticaly its a dissaster,

i apreciate all you guys help and idea's

the dealership is S&M in chicago if any wants to pay them a visit =>
Old 07-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsvx View Post
so you guys think i should fight the dealer more, ?

i alreayd spent an hour arguing over the phone with the owner with no luck, the only thing he would do for me is send me a check for 400.00 which was the difference they sold me the car for "there profit" 400.00 for a car with this much work needed is a drop in the bucket,

im really torn on what to do, put the money into it ? trade it in at a local used car lot for a jalopie and take the loss ? seek a lawyer and pay lawyer fee's and waite for months?

mechanically i can probably get it back to shape for around 1,500 at best guess, cosmeticaly its a dissaster,

i apreciate all you guys help and idea's

the dealership is S&M in chicago if any wants to pay them a visit =>
Personally, I would go after the cost of fixing the undisclosed hail damage. Really that shouldn't be more than about a 1000 to do, less if your willing to take it to a paintless dent shop around an auto auction. Most places charge a couple hundred per panel.

The underside looks pretty normal for a car 15+ year old north eastern car so that I'd look at as "buyer beware" and next time insist on pics of the undercarriage before buying.

As for the ps I always assume that the car is in original shape with no maint. or repairs unless they it is stated differently. Virtually any 15 year old rack can be expected to be leaking.

I know Mike has always suggested that when buying a car site unseen or even if before you go a long distance to look at a car you should find a independent condition report writer to do a CR. It can be the best $200+- you can spend. I completely agree (not posting it for you Solar but more for anyone else reading about the "horrors" of buying a car from a distance).
Old 07-19-2011, 09:32 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.

Registered SVX

Just realized the interior of this car isn't grey. So no glovebox latch, but basically everything else you needed.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 07-20-2011, 02:57 PM

Registered SVX

hey guys we have decided too off load the car we are either or going to sell it our right for any one looking for a fixer upper or trade it in,

i will put a seperate post in the FS section with all the details,

thanks
Old 07-21-2011, 02:25 PM

Registered SVX

finaly got ahold of the sales manager/owner after 4 phone calls today

i told him the issues with the car and his response was good luck ! i threatened with a lawyer and he said good luck with that also !!

so boys and girls remember you buy a used car as is no waranty ! even if they lied completly to your face, ! always see it in person,

this stealership has cars that are $80,000 merecedes and hi end cars and he cant refund me a mieasly 4,000 for a car ?i would pay to ship it back myself

http://www.sandmauto.com/

if any wants to pay a visit and say hello with upper cut !

violence solves a lot of things !! LOL

thanks for letting me vent guys

most likely were going to trade it in car max here locaaly might get $1,500 if im lucky
Old 07-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm

What an appropriate name for a stealership!
Old 07-21-2011, 05:51 PM

Registered SVX

I know its too late, but when buying long distance, best to see if someone local can go check out said car in person. Chicago is only about 3 hours from home, and I'm actually in Rockford quite often which is only an hour or so away. Just a heads up for anyone looking to buy one cross country. Money for gas and a meal and maybe a little extra is worth it rather than making what (in this case) ended up being a huge disaster/disappointment.
Sorry to hear you got the bad end of the stick on this one.

If I have time and have to go into Chicago, I'll be sure to pay the a$$holes a visit.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm View Post
What an appropriate name for a stealership!
I was thinking the same thing!
2001 Audi S8
Old 07-25-2011, 05:31 PM

Registered SVX

hey guys first i would like to thank every one for the help and there ideas

the car was sold on sunday to local enthusiast that has always wanted a red svx. the car sold for 2,300 !!! a far cry from the 5,000 i paid for taking a big loss

the guys who bought it has the motivation and tools to get it in back shape and doesnt mind the hail damage,

that being said im officaly done with svx's i did find a local svx in miami that is black with low milage but i refuse to pay the 8,000 asking price i can get a lot more car for the price and he wouldnt budge on the price,

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

so again thanks for all the help i will still be involved in the community it just wasnt my time to buy another svx i guess,