IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Reading Meet
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
FIRST Reading Raffle/Auction Donation!

With just 71 days to go, so far there has been no mention of items to be donated or given away at the raffle/ auction at Reading.

But leave it to someone outside the SVXWN family to start the ball rolling...

I talked with Christian at Maniac Electric Motors and they are eager and pleased to support our network in appreciation of our business with them.

They are donating a 160A high-output alternator for the Reading event

This would be a special, separate raffle item, with a higher-than-normal ticket price. Any member is eligible to buy as many tickets as they desire, whether or not they will be at Reading. If the winner did not want the alternator, he could sell it to another member, but the profits from that sale would have to be donated to the network.

Finally, I want to thank Dan Taney "angrydan" for donating an alternator core to Maniac for the alternator rebuild.

We may be getting some items from Jackie at Annapolis Subaru as well. Lets see what else we can contribute to make this part of the meet a success.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 03-14-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX
Re: FIRST Reading Raffle/Auction Donation!

I'll offer up a "rebuilt" JDM "BOXER" engine cover. It seems that it won't quite fit my current intake manifold, no matter how I try...
Old 03-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Here is how we will handle this SPECIAL raffle item SVX 160A high-output alternator, (using the SVX raffle car as a model)

Raffle tickets would be $5.00 each, with no limit.

Step 1:
Those wishing to purchase would send me a PM telling me how many tickets they want to purchase.

Step 2:
You would then send the funds to me, through PayPal to jhoffman1944@gmail.com Click the "personal" box and send as a gift to avoid the Paypal fees.

Step 3:
Once I have the list started, I will assign ticket numbers for each member's tickets and will also PM back those ticket numbers to each member.

I will also be selling tickets at Reading as well.

Step 4:
Once the winning ticket is drawn, I will contact the winner to get their address and arrange for shipping. The ticket price includes shipping to your door at no charge. Once Reading is over, I will send all the funds to the SVXWN from my PayPal account. I will also post just how much this has raised for the network.

I will also give the winner's name and address information to Maniac Electric Motors for the warranty.

Be advised that the installation of this alternator will require the 4 gauge alternator wiring upgrade. This is not included and is the responsibility of the winner to provide, if they haven't already done so.

Let's get started. I would normally begin, but I already have one in my car and a spare in my garage.

First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

Last edited by svxcess; 03-23-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

I want to donate a Official Subaru Technician shirt to the raffle, size large. It's pretty nice.

The alternator raffle sounds great!
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007

Last edited by Sean486; 03-09-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:28 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Does one need to be in attendance to win?

Do donations have to be car/SVX related? I might be able to toss in a bottle of wine or two, one of which being a Moscato.......

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything
Old 03-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
Does one need to be in attendance to win?

Do donations have to be car/SVX related? I might be able to toss in a bottle of wine or two, one of which being a Moscato.......
You do not need to be present. just buy your tickets as outlined in the third post.

SVX-related stuff is what is usually donated. We have raffled off jackets, hats, parts, cars, etc. However, One year I did donate a bottle of sweet dessert wine from Uruguay, but only because it was named ". One of the most decadent wines ever produced. I have more than a case in my cellar.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alcyon...9893761?v=info

http://www.sawineco.com/vinedo-de-lo...ine-online.cfm

Last edited by svxcess; 03-10-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:39 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post
You do not need to be present. just buy your tickets as outlined in the third post.

SVX-related stuff is what is usually donated. We have raffled off jackets, hats, parts, cars, etc. However, One year I did donate a bottle of sweet dessert wine from Uruguay, but only because it was named ". One of the most decadent wines ever produced. I have more than a BOX in my cellar.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alcyon...9893761?v=info

http://www.sawineco.com/vinedo-de-lo...ine-online.cfm

Fixed!
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 03-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

No one wants to take a chance on a great alternator? ($250.00 value)

You have about 66 days to decide.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

Will the tickets be available at Reading?
Old 03-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetItSnow View Post
Will the tickets be available at Reading?
Yes they will, Rob.

Purchasing tickets early makes it a lot easier to keep track. As far as purchasing them at the meet, they would only be available about a half hour before the raffle starts (I'm not going to carry around a roll of tickets all weekend and sell them at will, like a walking ATM. Reading from my end is hectic enough!)

Purchasing tickets prior to the meet also gives those who are not coming to Reading a chance to win.

I received a lot of flack for not allowing Nevin's swaybar to be raffled off to anyone not at Reading. Almost the same amount of flack as I received by keeping the Pace Car a secret at Reading X.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:11 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

I have the following to offer:

1. 2x4 Vinyl Subaru SVX banner (In the trash)
2. Subaru SVX clock (with battery!!!) (In the trash)
(Following all framed and matted)
3. 1995 SVX dealer lit. (In the trash)
4. Show pic of the pace car. (In the trash)
5. Handmade print of the SVX tastefully done by a fellow member 1 of 5 in existence. (In the Trash)
6. Bottle of TVR Car Club "Out of the Woodwork" Red wine 2010 (it even comes with a cork so it must be good) (In the trash)
7. Bottle of TVR Car Club Champaine (In the trash)

Only problem is someone would need to pick them up as the 7 people who actually voted picked a real car show week. Next the Reading meet will actually be within a 1/2 hour of Reading!

Nice to see the price of a ticket went up 4x the price of gas since last year to!

Last edited by benebob; 04-15-2011 at 12:18 PM. Reason: No longer available
Old 03-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
Nice to see the price of a ticket went up 4x the price of gas since last year to!
Only the price of the alternator ticket went to $5.00 each for this special item only.

This is a $250.00 item designed to raise funds for the network. The price of the tickets remain the same
as for Nevin's sway bar, which was roughly the same value. So in essence the ticket price has stayed the same.

The price of the REGULAR raffle tickets will remain at $2.00 each and will be only available at Reading.

Last edited by svxcess; 03-14-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

53 days until Reading and only ONE member has responded and bought 2 raffle tickets on the alternator.

Seriously, no interest?

Old 04-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Christian called and said that the high-output alternator was finished. It has been triple-checked on the bench for performance and has the new German-designed regulator assembly which is much more reliable and stable.

She is shipping it to me tomorrow. I will bring it to Reading in case the winner is present. Otherwise, I will ship it to the winner once Reading is over. I will then send Christian the contact information of the winner for warranty purposes.

Here is a photo of the finished alternator that she sent me.

As of tonight only 12 raffle tickets have been sold between 2 members

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Raffle Alternator.jpg (18.1 KB, 342 views)

Last edited by svxcess; 04-07-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:15 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX

John,

Can't we purchase raffle tickets at the Reading Meet?
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!