SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Reading Meet

Old 01-20-2010, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Reading ELEVEN raffle

It's time to start thinking about gathering items for this year's raffle. A couple of members (you know who you are) have sent me PM's about items they wish to donate (these may be surprise items that are not revealed until Reading) I am not sure if these will be part of the raffle or a separate auction

In the past TomsSVX has taken care of handling this part of the event. I am not sure if he would be willing to do it again this year.

Is someone willing to handle this just in case? If not we may just have an impromptu raffle with tickets bought directly at the event.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 01-20-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:01 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Reading ELEVEN raffle

I talked with Earl and some others about this year's Reading Raffle.

This year we decided that the raffle would be available ONLY to those actually in attendance at Reading. The tickets will be available to purchase at the meet and all prizes would be awarded there.

This makes it a lot easier to do and eliminates the need to keep track of paypal purchases, as well as packing and shipping prizes to those not in attendance.

We have a couple of unique and valuable items that will be donated that there would be a separate auction on. This would generate more money for the network, as only those truly interested would be bidding.

Ticket prices would probably be the same as last year, $2.00 each.

First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

Old 03-29-2010, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Re: Reading ELEVEN raffle

I haven't heard about anyone having items to be donated for the traditional raffle on Saturday night. Is this something else which is going to fall by the wayside as well?

Old 03-29-2010, 11:45 AM
Collision Refinishing Tech

Registered SVX

I have a couple things I can throw in there.
Mods:AWD conversion/4.44 swap by Budfreak, Custom red interior lights, Custom Satin black dash, Power mode switch, Cold air intake, Permecool tranny filter,Sony xplode 10" sub, Sony xplode 1000w amp, Blitz in-line driver, DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, New paint job/body work by me, 97' Grill, QC shift kit, 17'' MB Motoring rims, 15&20 min mod, front & rear urethane swaybar bushings, Custom fiberglass sub box, Custom red led a/c control unit, perrin lightweight crank pulley, Black wrinkle finish powdercoated intake manifold w/ clear hoses , 02' outback heated/power black leather seats
Soon to come:Fiberglass hood, upholster ALL suede to black leather
Past subies:

92' Pearl White/black top LS-L-SOLD
96' Legacy Outback-TOTALED
99' Legacy Outback Limited 30th anniversary edition-TOTALED
98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
99' Forester S -WRX brake upgrade, soon an 04 wrx motor swap
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 03-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Formerly known as henryrace@hotma

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post

I haven't heard about anyone having items to be donated for the traditional raffle on Saturday night. Is this something else which is going to fall by the wayside as well?

i'M SURE I HAVE AN ITEM OR 2

HENRY
89 Yamaha FJ1200
07 Yamaha FJR1300

"GO RAVENS"
Old 03-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

I have things that I could use but don't "need" at the moment. I will try to bring a few things that are things people would actually be able to use/need.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:31 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

John, Ill be able to pick up tickets if we still need them. I will go through my things and see what I can conjure up for the raffle.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:39 PM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

As in the past, I've got some shtuff in the basement that will look good on the table.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

I'm donating one of these "plug-and-play" harnesses for the raffle...
along with an antenna extension cable -- everything you need to install a 1995-2007 (non-SVX) Subaru OEM radio.

I've mailed it to paladinwkh (along with another he'll use for his own install), and he'll bring it up with him. (Thanks again, Will !)

If the winner would rather install an aftermarket radio, I'll exchange it for a plain SVX radio harness.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:27 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Re: Reading ELEVEN raffle: OOPS!

I am making an apology for the folllowing oversight on my part at the Reading raffle.

SVXdc sent the wiring harness to the Reading with another member to be given away. There was a problem that occurred and that did not happen.

As you know, because of the weather, we had to do many activities differently Wewere given an area indoors by the hotel for the raffle and the raffle items were spread out on tables provided by the hotel. Many members brought their items at the last minute and put them on the tables. Not as organized as it should have been.

During setup of the accumulated parts, David's harness was accidentally knocked off of the table, landing between two tables. No one, not even I, noticed it had fallen and was not there.

Long after the raffle was over, while I was moving tables back to their original configuration and cleaning up, I saw it lying on the floor.

I am very sorry this happened and take full responsibility. I should have remembered it was entrusted to me and I should have noticed it was not on the table and remembered.

I never had to coordinate and hold the raffle (that usually being done by TomsSVX and Earl)as I am always having other things to attend to.

The setup was impromptu, last-minute, and the raffle started late. Without the normal cooperation from other members, confusion and oversight results and things like this occasionally happen.

I have already sent SVXdc a PM and expressed my sincere apologies and appreciation for his donation to the Network. I will let him make the decision to either return the harness to him or save it and donate it next year.

Not the most organized of Readings, but this should not have happened. I usually remember these things.

John

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: