How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 10-26-2009, 11:43 PM

Registered SVX
Autostart / Astrostart / Remote start Installation

So this is how my autostart is hooked up. I would set aside a full day or 2 for this project just in case. Also, just take out the driver’s seat, it will save you some back pain. Another tip: once the driver’s seat is out, soldering under the dash is easier in many cases of you lay on your side. Make sure you take out the panel below the steering wheel too and be sure to disconnect the foot light, windshield wiper position switch, and the other switches on the panel. I’m not sure if it is supposed to honk or flash parking lights when I lock the doors but it does not. I have a 2 way model so it lets me know when the car has been successfully locked. I know the horn wire is correct because if I press the start button when the car is already running it will honk. Everything aside from the parking lights seems to work perfectly, however autostarts are tricky (especially for those of you with MT swaps) and I will not be held liable for any problems you may have while trying to install them (just in case). Good Luck!

Power Locks
2 ground wires -- connected to ground wire from accessory harness, which is grounded.

Unlock --- Orange wire in center console door lock switch.

Lock -- Orange/Green wire in center console door lock switch.

Accessories

Ground -- Bolt under dash. I used the one close to the kicker panel.

Tach sensor -- Through the firewall to the Yellow Spark plug wire, this one was a bugger, I tested many different wires.

Horn -- White harness under dash, Green/Black wire in pin 4. Pins 1, 2, and 3 are Blue/Red, Flesh, and Empty to help you locate this harness.

Brake in -- Follow brake pedal up to harness. Connect to the White/Red wire on top of brake pedal.

Main Wires

12V in -- Mine had 2 of these wires. I soldered them together and then to the Black/white wire on the 4 wire ignition harness

Access out -- Black/Blue wire in ignition harness

Parking Lights -- These do not work for me as far as I know, but the location is the same as my parts car I took the autostart out of. May not be reliable but I’ll put it up here. I have them connected to the bottom left red wire under the driver’s side kicker panel fuse box.

Ignition out -- Black wire in ignition harness

Starter out -- Black/Yellow wire on Ignition harness
1992 Ebony SVX LS-L - 193k (parts)

Last edited by SVXalter; 02-16-2010 at 11:04 PM.