Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northeast Region

Old 06-27-2009, 01:58 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf
Re: Mass Meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridered777 View Post
Car's here, towed it home (disconnected driveshaft). I was REALLY hoping for my 5spd swap though, It's really dissapointing to have to put a new front diff in.

Never done it before, any idea if it's hard or not? I really don't want to pull all the internals out and stick em in one by one, is it enclosed somehow?
LOL RWD THAT B17CH!
-Gaddis
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 06-27-2009, 08:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan

anyone gonna bring one to the worcester summer nationals? Some one has to show those camaros some class.

James
'92 Liquid Silver SVX - Drilled&Slotted Rotors/Canadian OEM Seat Warmers/JDM Folding Mirrors/JDM Clear Corners/Euro Glass Headlights/Euro Headlight Level Adjustment/Euro Shifter Assembly/ECUTune Chip V.1/GARAGE QUEEN!
Old 06-29-2009, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader8 View Post
Pauly...?Green SVX sitting where rt 27 turns down into medfield?...been forsale for a while? If thats yours, Ive driven by it a few times.
Yes that is the car I just picked it up from a friend mind a month back.

I still would like to get a meet together of some kind, any input would be great on what to do. chill at a coffee shop get some beers etc. lets get something going

later
Old 06-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphinwolf View Post
If we do this and you are back up here you better F'ing make it, Craig! And get that girl back on the road ASAP.

Pauly: Yeah sounds fine. Anywhere in mind or anything to do in mind?

Hey you THREE should all join www.newenglandsubarus.com We do meets all the time. Lots of great people, and not enough SVX's. I was the first on the forum back when we were just SeaCoastSubarus.com and even now there are only 2 others. AFBeefCake and LetItSnow came over.
-Gaddis
I'm on there, just not active... The guys I met when they were seacoast subaru were cool, but I have not been to any gathering since....

I need to get out and do something SVX.... might inspire me to get the body sorted out.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?

Last edited by Speedklix; 06-29-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:41 PM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix View Post
I'm on there, just not active... The guys I met when they were seacoast subaru were cool, but I have not been to any gathering since....

I need to get out and do something SVX.... might inspire me to get the body sorted out.
DO IT ALREADY! Glad to see a fellow SCS pre-NES member. So when you gonna come to some events or at least check in in the SVXy Thread or member group? Same username? I'll send you a reminder TO COME TO STUFF!
-Gaddis
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 06-30-2009, 03:05 PM
outsider

Send a message via AIM to crusader8

I'd go to a meet, I dont have an SVX yet, but some day. I'd take my truck but its motorless at the moment
I know its not an SVX, but its fast
A Typhoon is like a girlfriend - takes a lot of money to keep going, but when she puts out...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/825685
2003 Ford Ranger EDGE
When I find the right amount of money I'll find the right SVX
Old 07-02-2009, 07:57 AM

Ok lets get SVX meet of some kind together. I was thinking Sat the 25 or Sun the 26 of July somewhere around Burlington Mall off RT128. I am up for some input on when, where, time, or what to do. Let me know.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:52 PM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly View Post
Ok lets get SVX meet of some kind together. I was thinking Sat the 25 or Sun the 26 of July somewhere around Burlington Mall off RT128. I am up for some input on when, where, time, or what to do. Let me know.
Date sounds fine with me. I was worried and had to double check at first. My local forum is having their second Super Meet the same day in August and i couldn't remember if it was next month or this. Peeps should make it to this. http://www.newenglandsubarus.com/for...ead.php?t=6171 in CT but close enough for you if it's close enough for me. Though all the Dyno times are filled up so me being the only SVX on the list I win the NA HP contest. Especially if I can get SickSubi to get me that intake by then.
Anywho so what are we gonna do? Eat in the food court? Burlington Mall=Square One?
-Gaddis

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 07-06-2009, 05:10 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Anyone else agree or disagree with the date? Cause there's not a whole lot of time to change minds. Let me know. I got another meet I could go to if this falls threw.
-Gaddis

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 07-06-2009, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphinwolf View Post
Anyone else agree or disagree with the date? Cause there's not a whole lot of time to change minds. Let me know. I got another meet I could go to if this falls threw.
-Gaddis
No one else had side any about the dates yet if they are good or bad. I have not had much feedback on a meet in mass as of where when time or place. If you have a different date that works lets get something going.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:38 AM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777

Andrew,

That date should work for me... still SVX-less, she's up in the air in the garage right now.

I won't come to any of those meets - when I was in Florida I was the only SVX, so I went out to a few "WRX based" meets shall we say - in my experience, the SVX is not well received in that crowd, and it gets old real quick looking at 70+ of the same car, tuned the same way, often even in the same color. Those people don't tend to appreciated the uniqueness of the SVX, and just want to know how fast it is, what boost pressure it's running, etc. When the find out it's not a drag racer, and its N/A, they turn their noses up at it, and frankly, I'm sick of people who all think they've got the hottest car since the Delorian looking down on my SVX.

Any SVX based/specific meets though I will always try and make. If you want to do that weekend, that should work well for me.

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap
Old 07-07-2009, 06:28 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridered777 View Post
Andrew,

That date should work for me... still SVX-less, she's up in the air in the garage right now.

I won't come to any of those meets - when I was in Florida I was the only SVX, so I went out to a few "WRX based" meets shall we say - in my experience, the SVX is not well received in that crowd, and it gets old real quick looking at 70+ of the same car, tuned the same way, often even in the same color. Those people don't tend to appreciated the uniqueness of the SVX, and just want to know how fast it is, what boost pressure it's running, etc. When the find out it's not a drag racer, and its N/A, they turn their noses up at it, and frankly, I'm sick of people who all think they've got the hottest car since the Delorian looking down on my SVX.

Any SVX based/specific meets though I will always try and make. If you want to do that weekend, that should work well for me.
If you get despirate. I still have my 4.11 4EAT and rear diff from the Impreza. And yeah sometimes you get that cold shoulder. Especially from the "How much boost you pushing?" crowd. You need to meet some of the local forum guys. They all love seeing my SVX running with the pack. Would be nice to see a few more get in the mix.

Any Friday/Sat date works perfectly with my of late 60hr schedual. Sundays I can do as long as i get a week's heads up to not choose the overtime that day and make sure I don't have something else to hold me back. I really want ot get an SVX thing going. Been too long since I've been around others. Also to beable to have the cars in front of you I'd like to talk to you guys on a few ideas I've been cooking up to work on aero/aestetic wise and what not.
-Gaddis

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 07-08-2009, 07:49 AM

I hope this works for all. Let me know if it will not work.

Where: Burlington Mall
75 Middlesex Turnpike
Burlington, MA 01803
Back Parking lot by Legal Sea Foods and the food court

When: Saturday July 25

Time: 11:00am

http://www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=146

Lets me know who's down. I will pm you with my phone # if someone gets lost
Old 07-10-2009, 06:00 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

I"m down. Maybe showing up a little later than 11am. But I'll try to get down early enough.
-Gaddis

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 07-10-2009, 07:29 AM

Paulyy

Seraphinwolf

lets get some more

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: