Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > FAQs, How To's, & Vendors > Vendors, Service, & Parts

Old 04-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Remanufactured EG33 Long or Short blocks

We have finally gotten our prices sorted for a reman short block. This means we can bolt a pair of our remanufactured heads to it to make a complete long block. These engine will be assembled using stock parts all brought to stock specs. Engines will be fully assebled in house outsourcing only our oil clearance machine work and our cylinder head milling. Long blocks will come fully assembled with cams in place. Our cylinder heads will have deck surfaces milled to be perfectly flat and free of all corrosion. Valves will all be ground for a perfect seal. Guides will be inspected and replaced if needed. All heads have valve guide seals replaced. The long blocks will be fully sealed and include intake manifold gaskets along with all other associated gaskets. NOTE: the long blocks DO NOT come with intake or exhaust manifolds.

Costs are as follows

Long block: $2499+$600 core
Short block: $1800+$300 core
Cylinder Heads: $500+$300 core

Flat Rate Freight $300 to continental US, if outside of the 48 states, please contact us Sales@allwelldrive.net for a quote

Core engines are only credited if there is no damage to the block. Deductions can be made from the core if a connecting rod has been damaged. If you have a bearing issue and it has not broken the rod, it is OK as we can use oversized bearings and have the crankshaft machined for them.

We can also have entire engines powder coated prior to machine & assembly much like we did with Mike621's engine in his claret. Color schemes have endless possibilities. This is something that would need to be discussed prior to recieving a quote for.

Any questions please ask

Tom

Last edited by TomsSVX; 04-29-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:01 PM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX
Re: Remanufactured EG33 Long or Short blocks

Hmmmm. Sounds like a back pocket item at the moment, but surely a good resource if ever needed.

Thanks for the info.
June '91 Claret LSL #1733, Enkei RS-5's x 16", Original Paint, accompanied by Beautifully speckeled Front Bumper, Sony Audio Components, Small Car Shift Kit, "How to" Hood Lifts {Perfect}, "15 Minute Suspension Mod"
Motorsport Floor Mats. Perma-Cool External T. Filter, New Front Axels {1/2008}. "Classic Radiators" unit "$36 coil alternative" and Tranny rebuild at 287k 8/2012

'05 Infinity G35 Coupe.
No Mods, 33K Miles
Old 05-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Maniac modifier

Cars are getting older, engines are wearing out. I have seen it first hand over the past couple years. The JDM engines w/ less than 100k on them are still victim to the same head gasket break down that the US engines with 200k are. More or less it is not something I expect to sell like crazy, but it is an option for those people who would like to fix an issue the right way

Tom
Old 05-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Cars are getting older, engines are wearing out. I have seen it first hand over the past couple years. The JDM engines w/ less than 100k on them are still victim to the same head gasket break down that the US engines with 200k are. More or less it is not something I expect to sell like crazy, but it is an option for those people who would like to fix an issue the right way

Tom
I think its a good idea. Especially considering the prices from Subaru are considerably higher... And I know of someone who actually has gotten a reman trans recently so people that can afford it, will get it if they need it.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:47 PM
Maniac modifier

becoming more popular of an option as the bottom ends of the engines are wearing out now too. I have had a lot of requests lately so I figure I would bump the thread

Tom
Old 08-04-2012, 08:09 AM
Maniac modifier

Still doing these on a smaller scale. For anyone interested. I do not have core parts so i will need your original parts to rebuild. Keep your numbers matching anyway.

Tom