Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-18-2008, 10:14 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Detailed! Brilliant Red '96 SVX. Under 15K Miles! Many Pics.

thanks again for the compliments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxash View Post
Looks awesome!!! Were the lights always that clear or did you use something on them as well?
besides washing it, i didnt touch the lights at all. no clay, no polish, nothing. glad they're holding up so well! in the 6th picture they just look so shiny/clear because of the flash. that picture was really supposed to show the effect of PO91. (you can see minor hazing on the very bottom of the front bumper)
Old 11-18-2008, 11:38 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
The before and after pictures are amazing!

I mean the before picture shows that it's in near perfect condition and that dull shade of red is just what we are used to as "normal" for a good condition red SVX.

But two days of elbow grease really paid off, that's the nicest US red SVX I've ever seen, including in original sales materials!

Great job!
Troy - you need to see Museum Quality again.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 11-19-2008, 03:31 AM

G'day fzel07wrx

Great job with the paint correction.

For people who have not used clay on a car you would be amazed at the results. Did you use Lake County or Edge pads on the PC. I reckon the Menzerna products are very hard to beat. I haven't used the Einszett Glanz as a LSP. I will be interested to see how it lasts. Did you consider using a paint sealant before the wax?

Well done again. Love your work!

Cheers

Col
Old 11-19-2008, 06:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001

beautiful looking car! The results are outstanding. I am curious, I started to research a bit on the polisher you are using the the products used as well. I recently had a complete repaint, would this process be too much for my car, seeing as I don't have any swirl marks or flaws?
Old 11-19-2008, 06:52 AM

Registered SVX

First off, thank you both. Now to answer your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzBloke View Post
G'day fzel07wrx

Great job with the paint correction.

For people who have not used clay on a car you would be amazed at the results. Did you use Lake County or Edge pads on the PC. I reckon the Menzerna products are very hard to beat. I haven't used the Einszett Glanz as a LSP. I will be interested to see how it lasts. Did you consider using a paint sealant before the wax?

Well done again. Love your work!

Cheers

Col
I used Lake Country 5.5" pads. This is my first time using menzerna products but with the results I'm getting, I don't think I'll ever try out anything else. I love the stuff. And supposedly the glanz wax lasts for months. Even if it doesn't, I know it's better than the regular autozone meguiars products haha. Never thought about sealant. You say this goes on between the finishing glaze and wax? What are the benefits and could you name a nice product? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXMAN2001 View Post
beautiful looking car! The results are outstanding. I am curious, I started to research a bit on the polisher you are using the the products used as well. I recently had a complete repaint, would this process be too much for my car, seeing as I don't have any swirl marks or flaws?
I'd suggest having this kit around. Yes, I'd say it's too soon for the swirl removing polishes, but the PC takes out a lot of effort when applying a glaze/sealant/wax. I found that I prevent from applying too much product when using the PC as well. And then when your car gets those imperfections a number of months down the road, you're already all stocked up! Keep doing all the research though. I did 2-3 months worth before I bought anything.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:53 AM

Hello

Wow, what a nice SVX. So new looking.

Max
Old 11-19-2008, 10:44 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxg765 View Post
Hello

Wow, what a nice SVX. So new looking.

Max
hey max, i remember you and i talked a little bit about your interest in this car last fall. hope everything's well.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Soon to own a fuctional SVX

Send a message via AIM to STeeL25T

Very nice! A little detailing goes a long way on these cars, here is mine after I had it detailed =)

Old 11-19-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzel07wrx View Post
hey max, i remember you and i talked a little bit about your interest in this car last fall. hope everything's well.
Hello,

Yes that was me. I was interested as its simply just like new. I ended up finding another jewel. A excellent condition 97 Ebony with 47000 original miles from its original owner. While not as new at 15K I am very happy with it so far, I only got it home yesterday for the first time so a little soon to comment. I am sure I will be more happy after my lazy ass has it detailed for me by someone else.

Regards

Max
Old 11-19-2008, 11:48 AM

Registered SVX

FZEL07WRX, That is without a doubt, the finest looking SVX I have ever seen, and Red too, my wife might just trade are soon to be newborn son for it. All kidding aside, she would be beyond ecstatic if she could ever have the honor of owning that masterpiece. She loves Red SVX's and Im sure there arent any finer examples of one than yours. Tremendous work, and cudos to you and or your Dad for maintaining it and keeping it looking showroom new. I would never sell that car, then again, I might not ever want to drive it anywhere either. Congrats again, and if you ever decide to sell, should I take a place in line now
Old 11-19-2008, 09:24 PM
AWD..... NOTHING COMES CLOSE

Send a message via AIM to SubaruSVXCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX92-97 View Post
FZEL07WRX, That is without a doubt, the finest looking SVX I have ever seen, and Red too, my wife might just trade are soon to be newborn son for it. All kidding aside, she would be beyond ecstatic if she could ever have the honor of owning that masterpiece. She loves Red SVX's and Im sure there arent any finer examples of one than yours. Tremendous work, and cudos to you and or your Dad for maintaining it and keeping it looking showroom new. I would never sell that car, then again, I might not ever want to drive it anywhere either. Congrats again, and if you ever decide to sell, should I take a place in line now
Yea, it's the mintyist one I've seen for resent years. Amazing! Keep it up.
Enjoy it, but not too much.

Oh and nice WRX.
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L #5045 Dark Teal
1992 Subaru Loyale Wagon Gray (SOLD)
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe Black Ruby (SOLD)
1969 Subaru 360 Deluxe Ivory White
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi World Rally Blue
1993 Subaru Legacy L Wagon Teal Metallic (SOLD)
1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe Rally Blue Pearl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by SubaruSVXCrazy; 11-19-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:28 AM

Registered SVX

looks so nice
1973 1400 GSR Yelo 2 Door Coupe awaiting Restoration
Old 11-20-2008, 02:53 AM

[QUOTE=fzel07wrx;572821] Even if it doesn't, I know it's better than the regular autozone meguiars products haha. Never thought about sealant. You say this goes on between the finishing glaze and wax? What are the benefits and could you name a nice product? Thanks.

Extract from a online retailer: you have a couple of different families of products to use to protect your paint, the tried and proven natural Carnauba waxes like Pinnacle, P21s or Natty's or the more modern polymer rich sealants such as Wolfgang, Klasse, Poorboys EX-P or Zaino How you choose these is pretty much a personal choice, however we offer the following as a guide.

If you car is an daily driver and is parked outside in the elements all day then we would recommend the polymer products. Should you car be lucky enough to be garaged day and night the Carnauba are the way to go.

Like the Menzerna and Einszett these products are so much better than the quick off the shelf products. I have used Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant, Zaino Z2, Chemical Guys JetSeal 109. All are excellent.

I usually choose to seal, let it bond then wax.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXMAN2001 View Post
Hi SVXMAN2001 I would recommend letting your paint cure for around 6 weeks then look at using product on your car. Put your panels under an LED torch, floodlights or strong fluros to check for swirl marks. If cars are not washed properly they will pick up swirls. Random Orbital polishers are much easier to use than rotaries and would be ideal for someone starting out. They reduce the time and effort required. It then comes down to preparation and product quality. There are some great clips on YouTube that show you how to clay, polish and lay down seals and waxes. Look after your paint and the SVX will always look good.

Good luck and have fun
Old 11-20-2008, 02:08 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxg765 View Post
Hello,

Yes that was me. I was interested as its simply just like new. I ended up finding another jewel. A excellent condition 97 Ebony with 47000 original miles from its original owner. While not as new at 15K I am very happy with it so far, I only got it home yesterday for the first time so a little soon to comment. I am sure I will be more happy after my lazy ass has it detailed for me by someone else.

Regards

Max
glad to hear that. really like that it's a black 97. you should tell us all how it comes along after a few months. too bad you dont live closer, cause id have been glad to detail it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX92-97 View Post
thank you for all the kind words you stuck in there. my dad doesnt think he'll ever be able to sell it, so what better than to pass it on in the family, right? and sorry my dad and i both would rather keep this car than trade it for your soon to be son haha. hope everything goes well with him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruSVXCrazy View Post
Yea, it's the mintyist one I've seen for resent years. Amazing! Keep it up.
Enjoy it, but not too much.

Oh and nice WRX.
thanks for noticing the wrx. i wanted to post more pics of that cause i detailed that car as well but i figured this was the wrong forum haha. here's the link to that detail if anyone so wishes to see it.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1640348