Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2002, 09:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to jeradsvx
gauges in

i put the white face overlays on this morning and i was wondering if someone knew off hand if the letters that say "crusie", fog light and the security buttons light up, my rear deforse button lights up but no other words light up. the for light lights up when they are on and the cruise light lights up but the words dont, so i was wondering if they do or if i screwed up something putting those gauges in. Thanks for the help.

Here is a pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gauges.jpg (95.9 KB, 148 views)
Old 06-16-2002, 04:28 AM
Multiple Suby Owner

All of the button's you mentioned do light up. I doubt that you messed anything up. The bulbs probably just need replaced.
Old 06-16-2002, 07:50 AM
Green1995SVX

Hey Jerad -

How about a how-to on that gauge hook up? A friend and I just did an air-fuel gauge in my car, and it took us 7 hours and a case of Corona to get it done. A how-to would really make my tranny temp gauge easier.

-Mike
Old 06-16-2002, 08:34 AM

I will do that how to later today or tomorrow morning, I was wondering how hard is it to change those bulbs in those lights. Thanks for the help
Jerad
Old 06-16-2002, 11:25 AM

The tranny temp is really easy, depending where you put it and even then it is. on the back of the gauge itself there is three posts and the hook up for the light. THere is the ignition post, a negative post and the sensor post itself. run one wire to the fuse box for the ignition wire, i used ato fuse taps to hook it in to the fuse box, then run two wires through the fire wall into the engine. one is for the negative, i screwed it into the metal. Then the other one goes to the tranny cooler. with the gauge there is a sensor that goes into the line going into the cooler. it is sort of like a T fitting. the wire coming off the gauge ties into that sensor and it is all done. hook the light into the illumination fuse and all done. It took me a while to do cause i couldnt get through the firewall. but i finally went through inside the wheel well, i pulled back the guard and went in through there. comes in down by the fuse box.
hope this helps.
Jerad
Old 06-16-2002, 11:26 AM

I took apart the light cluster things and got the bulbs out. I was wondering where do i get the bulbs to replace them and how much should i expect to pay need all three of them for the left side, cruise, for light and security.
thanks
Old 06-16-2002, 06:14 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by jeradsvx
I took apart the light cluster things and got the bulbs out. I was wondering where do i get the bulbs to replace them and how much should i expect to pay need all three of them for the left side, cruise, for light and security.
thanks
If you go to radioshack, you can get them for about 1 buck and half for a pair of them. Dealer price, around 3-5 bucks a piece.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 06-18-2002, 06:09 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally posted by jeradsvx
thanks
How difficult was it to get behind the button cluster? I initially didn't respond to this thread because the only light I had that worked was for the rear defog (no cruise, fog or hazard button lights)

I'm assuming the hazard button should light up as well.
Old 06-18-2002, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthworm

How difficult was it to get behind the button cluster? I initially didn't respond to this thread because the only light I had that worked was for the rear defog (no cruise, fog or hazard button lights)

I'm assuming the hazard button should light up as well.
take a flat head screwdriver and pry it out. A couple of seconds is all it takes. I can do that with one hand tied behind me and my eyes behind a blindfold now

That's what you get for taking that part apart too much.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 06-19-2002, 05:17 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Someone who has done the bulbs before should buy a ton of them and bring them to Lafayette and charge everyone to put them in for them. Hmmm - 100 cars = 300-500 bulbs, $2 each installed,....
My spotlight and sunroof lights don't work either...
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 06-19-2002, 09:32 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby
My spotlight and sunroof lights don't work either...
There's lights in those buttons too???
Old 06-19-2002, 10:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
Not in the sunroof buttons, but I have a dremmel & soldering iron and will travel for the right price.

KuoH
Old 06-19-2002, 11:12 PM

OK. I think I can do the lights at a small fee

Lwin

and someone else should bring in 16G wire for the alternator mod. Too much to do too little time. At least I got my 7 inch LCD in today.