Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 06-07-2008, 01:30 PM

Engine Miss

I have a 94 subaru svx. Transmission was rebuilt about 2 years ago and has about 20-30 thousand miles on it since the rebuild. The car has been missing since i've owned it. The place that rebuilt the transmission is telling me that it is most likely one of the ignition coils. They said I should get it fixed or it could damage the transmission. Now the miss is only really noticeable when going between about 50-60 where you can feel the car jerk unless you shift it into 3rd. Does it sound like a possibility that it could be one of the ignition coils, the place that thought that is the more than likely the problem said I won't find those 6 wires for less than $100 a piece and at my local subaru they want $900 for all the wires. Any ideas on where to get these or how to test it, that is a lot of money to spend to find out it isn't the problem. Plus I only payed $2500 for the car and so far mechanically I have put about $7000 into it(quite frankly more than I should have, but everytime it breaks its cheaper to fix than buy a new car and I absolutly love my svx ) . Any help would be appreciated.