SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-21-2008, 12:11 AM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Been being busy.

I will try to show what we have been doing on the other hill in Wiley's Ford.

It's a lot different today. This pic is day one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg henry7.JPG (1,007.2 KB, 370 views)

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 03-21-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:39 AM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
working on henry's car eh?
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 03-21-2008, 01:12 AM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric View Post
working on henry's car eh?
Rough stuff is history, now it's just paying attention to the 'details'....Apply super shine, etc....

Jerry
Old 03-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser View Post
Rough stuff is history, now it's just paying attention to the 'details'....Apply super shine, etc....

3 guys paid attention for 2 more days...more details delt with. Henry has had some pics e-mailed. There will be NO more pics till the ones from Reading are posted! I have been shooting lots of pics. They will be put on a CD and presented to Henry when he recieves his car. I shot 7 more today, BEFORE we started working. Hint, The car is in the BOOTH now!

Jerry
Old 03-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Formerly known as henryrace@hotma

Quote:
3 guys paid attention for 2 more days...more details delt with. Henry has had some pics e-mailed. There will be NO more pics till the ones from Reading are posted! I have been shooting lots of pics. They will be put on a CD and presented to Henry when he recieves his car. I shot 7 more today, BEFORE we started working. Hint, The car is in the BOOTH now!
How come this is in the "Not Exactly SVX" section. I rarely even check in here. Yep i can't wait until the car is fiinished. New paint job by Subi-Crosser, Work by OT, 4.44 trans with only 22K mles, new front axles, sway bar bushings and links, new left rear wheel bearing, all new exhausts gaskets, and various mini mods also from OT. This car will be MORE than ready for my 3rd Reading Meet. I'll have to agree with Jerry no more pics. You have to come to Reading to see the final results. Of course there will be plenty of pics afterwards...Hurry up Jerry i'm SVX-less...................
89 Yamaha FJ1200
07 Yamaha FJR1300

"GO RAVENS"
Old 03-23-2008, 06:49 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvnmaniac View Post
How come this is in the "Not Exactly SVX" section. I rarely even check in here. Yep i can't wait until the car is fiinished. New paint job by Subi-Crosser, Work by OT, 4.44 trans with only 22K mles, new front axles, sway bar bushings and links, new left rear wheel bearing, all new exhausts gaskets, and various mini mods also from OT. This car will be MORE than ready for my 3rd Reading Meet. I'll have to agree with Jerry no more pics. You have to come to Reading to see the final results. Of course there will be plenty of pics afterwards...Hurry up Jerry i'm SVX-less...................
... I was thinking that was jerry's "other svx", which I would understand being in "Not Exactly SVX"
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 03-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Actually, there are 3 svxi going through the doors, all the rest of the stuff is street rods and antiques, with a few late models to help pay the bills.

There is a 2 seater boat, a 32 Chevy, a 32 Studebaker, the 53 Studebaker, a 40 Chevy p/u, a 46 Ford coupe, an SVX and a geo metro all on queue. The 'focus' is on Henry's car.

There are 3 of us working on this stuff.

Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 03-23-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix View Post
... I was thinking that was jerry's "other svx", which I would understand being in "Not Exactly SVX"
I pulled mine up to the door at my 'at home' shop to get the prelim stuff done. As soon as Henry is done, I will be working on 5 different things here.

The SVX, the 47 p/u, the 30 Willys/SVX the diesel Rabbit and another Outback'

I have a 52 Plymouth, a 46 Dodge p/u, the 65 Formula 'S' Baracuda, my 65 Dodge A-100 big block van and a 38 Dodge 4 door waiting at the farm.
I need to get some of these done so I can go get my 57 Chevy. I bought it years ago, but never went to get it. I found out last week that it is still there, and available!

I will do the 'build' here, then haul them to Wiley's Ford for shine.

Jerry
Old 03-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
hehe, yeah...you are a busy man indeed. Best of luck with all the projects
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 03-25-2008, 01:15 AM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric View Post
hehe, yeah...you are a busy man indeed. Best of luck with all the projects
I spent 5 MONTHS looking at Nopi RERUNS!! I KNOW who won the Bikini CONTEST!! I KNOW that BUTT glue will hold the bikini in place and you need a putty knife to PEE!!

I also KNOW that I would rather watch sparks FLYING on a project than a beautiful woman that has just been 'waxed' juggeling her boobs across my TV screen for the 19th time!

I have been living a much different life this week, than the life that I was forced to live for 5 months!

I got to get dust on my clothes! I got to put on a resperator! I got to close my eyes and look for dents that you couldn't see, using my FINGERS!!

( The best bodywork) is done by brail.

I have rubbed almost every inch of Henry's car over and over again in the last 10 days! It will be 'massaged' several more times before the gun is loaded! I check my nephew's work, My brother checks MY work and I check HIS work. We all do our best.....( one car at a time)

OT came by tonight to make sure that the spoiler was installrd in the 'Right place'.

I have 5 hours in the spoiler, just getting all the nicks out of it! That is NOT the paint part.

That hasn't happened yet.

Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 03-25-2008 at 01:24 AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:38 AM

Quote:
I spent 5 MONTHS looking at Nopi RERUNS!! I KNOW who won the Bikini CONTEST!! I KNOW that BUTT glue will hold the bikini in place and you need a putty knife to PEE!!

I also KNOW that I would rather watch sparks FLYING on a project than a beautiful woman that has just been 'waxed' juggeling her boobs across my TV screen for the 19th time!

I have been living a much different life this week, than the life that I was forced to live for 5 months!

I got to get dust on my clothes! I got to put on a resperator! I got to close my eyes and look for dents that you couldn't see, using my FINGERS!!

( The best bodywork) is done by brail.

I have rubbed almost every inch of Henry's car over and over again in the last 10 days! It will be 'massaged' several more times before the gun is loaded! I check my nephew's work, My brother checks MY work and I check HIS work. We all do our best.....( one car at a time)

OT came by tonight to make sure that the spoiler was installrd in the 'Right place'.

I have 5 hours in the spoiler, just getting all the nicks out of it! That is NOT the paint part.

That hasn't happened yet.

The more i read the more i'm aching to see the results..... It's gonna look so pppuuuuurrtttyyyyyy....... it should be great advertisement at Reading for Jerry's work....I've seen pictures of other jobs he's done and they looked great, but now i'll get to see the real thing and it will be mine.... GO JERRY GO JERRY !!!!!
89 Yamaha FJ1200
07 Yamaha FJR1300

"GO RAVENS"
Old 03-25-2008, 07:59 AM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
Quote:
The more i read the more i'm aching to see the results..... It's gonna look so pppuuuuurrtttyyyyyy....... it should be great advertisement at Reading for Jerry's work....I've seen pictures of other jobs he's done and they looked great, but now i'll get to see the real thing and it will be mine.... GO JERRY GO JERRY !!!!!
The more I read, the more I wish I could afford his work!

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap
Old 03-25-2008, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridered777 View Post
The more I read, the more I wish I could afford his work!
When i originally purchased this car 3 years ago i bought it knowing that i would eventually have it painted. It was in decent shape then except for sone nicks here and there and an ugly gash on the driver's side lower rear panel and the black was no longer true. About a year ago the clearcoat on the hood started peeling and that did it for me. Apparently it had been painted in the past, probably by some sad sack painter. The car had sat for a couple of years which was the reason it was probably painted along with a new wiring harness because squirrels or whatever had gotten to it. CarFax showed no accidents and mileage was correct. The vehicle had less than 57K when i picked it up. I've been checking different places in my area to do the paint job but finally found someone i thought i could be comfortable with doing the job RIGHT. GO JERRY.........
89 Yamaha FJ1200
07 Yamaha FJR1300

"GO RAVENS"
Old 03-26-2008, 11:29 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
When i originally purchased this car 3 years ago i bought it knowing that i would eventually have it painted. It was in decent shape then except for sone nicks here and there and an ugly gash on the driver's side lower rear panel and the black was no longer true. About a year ago the clearcoat on the hood started peeling and that did it for me. Apparently it had been painted in the past, probably by some sad sack painter. The car had sat for a couple of years which was the reason it was probably painted along with a new wiring harness because squirrels or whatever had gotten to it. CarFax showed no accidents and mileage was correct. The vehicle had less than 57K when i picked it up. I've been checking different places in my area to do the paint job but finally found someone i thought i could be comfortable with doing the job RIGHT. GO JERRY.........
1:05 AM thursday. Just got home from the shop! Car got a bath, taped and rubbed for another 8 hours today/yesterday.

We were going to spray black today, but decided against it when the neighbor's TRAMPOLINE got stuck in the power wires on the telephone pole! It was just a little windy today!! ( Must be march or something)

So we got out the 400 sandpaper and rubbed some more.

One point that has not been stressed enough, My brother owns the shop that the car is parked in. He taught me 80% of what I know. Since he is recently retired, he has logged more time on the project than I have. My nephew has also been a major factor in the prep work and getting the spray booth ready for the new season.
THREE Wilsons!!
I watched my brother paint a 55 chevy in 1962, ( I was 10 then), my nephew has been around the shop since it was built in the mid-70's ( he was 10 then).

I painted my first car in 1969. It looked like crap, but was a major improvement.

We have all 'grown' since our 'humble' beginnings.

Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 03-27-2008 at 12:35 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:28 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Like the guys said,

Go Jerry, Go!!

And I hope you are wearing protective glasses or goggles with all that dust and spray paint.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl