SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-18-2002, 07:46 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Unhappy

Just a two cents worth interjection on my part, but as a person who has worked in business telecommunications for too many years, I'll just say there's NO EXCUSE for a business telephone to ring more than four times anywhere without a human answer, or at least an automated message answer; with the "machine" allowing the customer to re-direct the call, or leave a message in a "general" mail box.
If a message is left in a general mail box, that message should be later screened by a "receptionist" & redirected to the proper person or department for action. If no one takes action, & chooses to erase the message, it's grounds for divorce, at least from doing business with THAT particular company. My company would fire anyone who would not return a customer call within 24 hours. If the auto parts bid'ness is so good that it can afford to ignore customer's questions, maybe I should go to work for one. Sure... I'll be glad to loaf all the way to retirement!

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 05-18-2002, 08:52 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Ron.

It's obvious from your opening ststement that you have not made any claims with Keystone East Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health Insurance.

Larry III
Old 05-18-2002, 09:18 PM
deadeye95

I visited subaruparts.com because of recommendations from this website. Sent in a pricing request by e-mail which was never answered.

Why don't you delete the e-mail question function from your website (since answering it seems to be a low priority)? Nobody likes to be ignored.
Old 05-18-2002, 10:01 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
Ron.

It's obvious from your opening ststement that you have not made any claims with Keystone East Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health Insurance.

Larry III
I was only referring to those businesses who must actually "give a S**t", in order to achieve a repeat demand for their services, thus show a profit, thus pay & retain their employees. Radical concept, I realize, but I'd like nothing better than to put most workers for huge corporations, & most professional athletes on "straight commission". Let's see who now chooses to bust a hump or two.

Ron ranting.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 05-19-2002, 08:26 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Ron.

I didn't think you had a 'Box-O-Rant' in you.

Larry III
Old 05-20-2002, 01:26 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Angry Parts departments

I have found in dealing with a number of dealership parts departments in my 30 some odd years of trying to do my own repairs on cars, that I am most always treaded with less "customer service" and more customer contempt. I have often wondered where they get these guys (and now gals, I said I was old)

They seem to know where every part in the warehouse is. They can look at a set of points and tell you what make, year and color the car is. But the conversation that they are having on the phone with joe's garage is so much more important than the customer that took the time to come in to the store that you feel like you're there to serve them a summons. As I've said before, I work in the hospitality business and this behavior is total mystifies me..... Any comments on the opposing side would be welcome. Beav?
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 05-20-2002, 05:40 AM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Uhh....I'm not on the opposing side, I hate going to most dealerships as much as the next guy. They treat everybody the same way - with contempt. Of course there's always the exception or two (the guys at Phil Long Ford in Denver come to mind), but by and large if you don't personally know them you're going to be treated as an inconvenience. Kind of like going to a Radio Shack, has anyone ever been to one where the people there didn't act the same way? It's rare.

I could go on forever on this subject, just about everywhere I go these days I see examples of people that aren't worth 12 cents an hour in contact with the majority of the business' customers. How in the heck does that happen?
Old 05-20-2002, 08:18 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
I'm not sure, but, I think the parts department is of the attitude that they're there to service their service department. Therefore, if you come in asking for a part, it means you're screwing their parts department out of $$.

Funny thing. I used to have to buy parts for my 80 Capri. I'd go into the parts department at a local Ford dealership, and get treated like an inconvenience. One day, I had to run in to get parts and grabbed a jacket out of the closet and rushed in. I noticed that they were treating me nicer than usual. Came to me right away, was very attentive, rushed the part right to me. I went to the car in utter amazement. Then, I noticed I'd grabbed my old Chevron jacket out of the closet that I wore when I worked at my Uncle's Service Station. Aha! Then, I looked at my bill and noticed they'd given me a 10% discount. WOW! Sometimes you just have to learn to dress for the occasion.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-20-2002, 04:51 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Wink Follow up .....

I just got off the phone with Scott at 1stsubaru.com

very pleased with their service. We had some trouble with one of my credit cards. But the order was shipped out today. I'm hoping for AC next week.!!! (and a cigar lighter that works)

Scott has been, as always, very helpful.
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 05-20-2002, 08:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
Is this the same Scott that used to be at Subaruparts.com? He was very helpful when I called to buy some parts way back when. I think he was the one that helped me to track down the part number for the diff mounts. I haven't ordered any parts from them recently, but I know the webmaster at subaruparts.com visits here every once in awhile. Maybe he can help with the situation at subaruparts.com?

KuoH
Old 05-20-2002, 09:27 PM
squiggy

WOW
1st off-- as a new member I have never dealt with either of the subaru parts people but I know eventually I will (must?)
2nd--I agree that parts dealers much of the time act like "monopolies"---
(especially when dealing with a rare car whose parts are not often found in junkyards)---
read: $VX ooops I mean S V X ---
they pretty much act like CABLE TV companies..they know they generally have you by the uh, um, 'bearings' (if you know what I mean) you might have another option (for example a dish service)but it is sometimes too much trouble to go to your other option.
Then again your second option can also have its drawbacks..higher prices--smaller inventory--bad customer service--farther away--etc..
Old 05-20-2002, 10:27 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by kuoh
Is this the same Scott that used to be at Subaruparts.com? He was very helpful when I called to buy some parts way back when. I think he was the one that helped me to track down the part number for the diff mounts. I haven't ordered any parts from them recently, but I know the webmaster at subaruparts.com visits here every once in awhile. Maybe he can help with the situation at subaruparts.com?

KuoH
Kuo,
Yes, it's the same Scott Williams who was at Subaruparts.com. I havn't had to order parts for a while, but, when checking on the price of my TCU, I found it at 475.00 at 1stparts, while 460.00 at subaruparts.com. Still, I'm going to tread softly on parts orders. I'll check price first, then, judge by service afterwards. Although I've had some mucky doin's with subaruparts.com, since they've changed shipping providers (used to take me 5-7 days via UPS), it seems I get my parts quicker than I used to.

Those who order from 1stparts, please keep us informed of their shipping supplier and shipping prices. Subaruparts charges 10% of the price of the part (which would've bumped the price of my TCU up another 50 bucks, had I ordered it -- too much, if you ask me). I'd be interested to know about 1stparts shipping.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 05-20-2002, 10:47 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Randy - you might try www.ourecms.com and see what their price is.
Old 05-20-2002, 10:52 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Beav
Randy - you might try www.ourecms.com and see what their price is.
Drat! Day late, dollar short. I've already ordered Doug Rudd's TCU, so, if I called them and their price was lower, I'd just get upset.

I have, however, bookmarked that page for possible future use. Thanks a bunch. Both for your spot on diagnosis and all your help.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 05-21-2002, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Stevebsy Send a message via Yahoo to Stevebsy
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Parts experience w/ 1stsubuaru

I just got my 97 grill from them. Took 10 days from my order to delivery, which is totally reasonable. Shipping was about 10% but I'm not sure if they do it by percentage or by the actual cost.

I've also had pretty good dealings with subaruparts.com in the past, so I guess I'll order from either one in the future.

Custom Oil Caps, Battery Bars, Phenolic Spacers for sale here:
http://www.x35design.com