How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-10-2002, 09:08 PM
"high" in Colorado

whoever...

designed that Acura NSX, deserves a prize...
81 280ZX
91 Legacy wagon
86 Pontiac Parisenne (55k)
86 Kawasaki ZG 1000 Concours
81 KZ 1000 LTD (shaft)
Old 05-10-2002, 09:38 PM

Italdesign

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

The latest and hotttest Alfa Romeo was designed by . . . Giorgietto Giugiaro.
I know all the cars designed by giorgietto and I love the cars.

you are right aredubjay, the new alfa romeo is a great thing of
designing.

for all who weren't there, again the link of giorgietto giugiaro

http://www.italdesign.com

enjoy it

mfg hrc
Old 05-10-2002, 11:09 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Re: New SVX???

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXCH
The SVX what we drive is THE SVX. Nothing else can be a SVX.
Not in the past, now or later.
Kusi
I was trying to think of a way to disagree with that statement, but I can't. What keeps coming to me is the Beetle. The 'New' Beetle, really isn't a Beetle at all. The 'New' Thunderbird comes closer to the original than all those icky followers - but it's still not really a Thunderbird to me.

Other cars have followed a natural progression of upgrades without a break, or multiple miscarriages, in between. The newest Corvette is still a Corvette by way of natural evolutionary process. The same can be said for the newest 911's, and a lot of exotics (Ferrari, Lotus, etc.). I can't think of a Japanese car that fits with that logic. Z? Nope. RX? Nope. MR2? Nope.

If GM makes an SVX I'll surely puke. Remember the Cosworth Vega? Hey, how 'bout that Sunbird? (Oh, what lovely lines the Impala has. RETCH!) OH NO! This just occurred to me. They will put some kind of goofy plastic panels all over the Monte Carlo and call it a 'Super Prix SVX'.
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 05-10-2002, 11:13 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Italdesign

Quote:
Originally posted by MartyMcFly

I know all the cars designed by giorgietto and I love the cars.

Marty, I love to visit that site. Is the calendar still on there?

I don't pretend to like ALL the cars that come out of Giorgietto's studio. I mean, the Fiat Panda ain't much of a looker, nor some of the Seat designs, but all and all, I'd say his firm has put out some of the most beautiful designs on the planet, including the new BMW and the new Alfa. I'd like to see what we'd get if we could put Giorgietto, Paninfarina and Bertone in a room together.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-12-2002, 07:36 PM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
I have to agree that the SVX will never be the same once it is hidden by a new face. I went to the site at the top of this page and read the GM article, but I don't see any mention of this page (Newly inspired SVX ) in this thread. According to that, subaru will be using a new designer (Andreas Zapatinas) to create a car INSPIRED by the SVX. They even show a pic of an older on to use as a comparison for the future. I believe that if subaru does make this so called 250 bhp SVX wannabe, no matter what comes out, it will still make the value of ours go up, and most likely give the SVX more recognition. Who knows, mabe if the new car comes out as an SVX, we will get the SOA recognition we so plainly asked for. To bad suby didn't use the real svx designer, I guess they just thought the impreza was to bugeyed, so they said bye bye, we'll get someone else.

Sorry guys, I have always bee an optomist
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.

Last edited by BoominSVX; 05-12-2002 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-12-2002, 10:37 PM
greg

What about?

I hear alot of talk about the SVX... The sport coupe that Subaru produced....Lets back up a little. Does anyone remember the XT or, as would apply here, the XT6? Isn't that the original 6 cyl. sport coupe from Subaru? Why is the SVX such the emphasis here? I know my SVX is great but before it I had an XT6 (I am a true Subaru FREAK) I thought it was something to talk about too.
One point I would like to make about current design. For the first time since the introduction of the SVX I think that it has finally become dated! I know that I still get looks and the car is unusual, but for the first time I think you can tell it is getting to be an old design... Reason: all the new designed japanese cars seem to be following a theme with the front ends. Notice the new Altima, Lexus ES/Camry, Civic, Suzuki Areo, even the Legacy and the WRX ... They all have the same design on the front The headlamps all seem to ride the edge of the fender instead of the common "going out" design of headlamps that wrap around the front of the car...I think a new design from Subaru would naturally incorporate that new style....Subaru has changed alot in the last five years, they seem to have gotten onbord for the mainstream ride. i hope that they do not forget the past.
BTW, will someone tell me about the GM-Subaru teaming up thing? That really scares me! I always have loved Subarus "off the beaten path" approach! Should I loose faith now or give the team a chance?
-G
Old 05-13-2002, 10:35 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: What about?

Quote:
Originally posted by SVX'in
Isn't that the original 6 cyl. sport coupe from Subaru? Why is the SVX such the emphasis here?

Um . . . possibly because this is the "SVX World Network?"
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-13-2002, 11:01 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
Just to clarify,giorgietto didn't come up with the concept of the svx, the designer at subaru did. All giorgietto really did was put some finishing touches, mainly in streamlining it and producing the .29 drag coefficient. Giorgietto has influenced the svx, but a great majority of recognition, needs to be credited to the japanese producers. I can't recall his name right now though.
Old 05-13-2002, 11:31 AM
SVXCH

Ok, I don't forgot the XT. But there is one thing. Subaru be allways popular in Switzerland. But till a few years, people here they smiling sometimes about this cars. Why? Because of the image.

They be always very reliable, always in the top of the trouble lists. With the SVX they showed, that they can build also luxury cars. Ok, they don't sell very much of this car here in Switzerland, under 1000. The most they sold in 1992. But why? Not only because of image, also because of marketing mistakes.

I think the SVX was the entry in the beginning of changing the image and looking of Subaru cars.
Old 05-13-2002, 01:50 PM
Lowered SVX

any svx coupe derivative they come up

will not have the windows like the original svx. they will never mass produce a car with windows like ours. for me the windows make the svx.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 05-13-2002, 03:16 PM
SVXCH

Re: any svx coupe derivative they come up

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
will not have the windows like the original svx. they will never mass produce a car with windows like ours. for me the windows make the svx.
Exactly, this it is. The windows of the SVX is THE SVX, the special sign against other cars.
Old 05-13-2002, 04:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
the windows are a nice distinct feature, but I do hope you appreciate the svx for much more than that. Take into consideration that this car is a work of art...exteriorly as well as mechanically. The engine, suspension, interior and everything else make up the SVX. It is unique in every feature.
Old 05-13-2002, 04:24 PM
SVXCH

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXMAN2001
the windows are a nice distinct feature, but I do hope you appreciate the svx for much more than that. Take into consideration that this car is a work of art...exteriorly as well as mechanically. The engine, suspension, interior and everything else make up the SVX. It is unique in every feature.
Oh, yes sure.

I only meen, the windows is the first, what other people see. That the combination of design and technic of the car is special, this is sure; because of all this together I like (or is it love ) the SVX!!

Kusi
Old 05-13-2002, 04:32 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Re: New Subaru Coupe!

Quote:
Originally posted by MartyMcFly
RSK who is also a member here told me the following.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/front_i...p%3Fid%3D16649

I hope the link works
Just a question or point of order...... Did anybody look at the date of the artiicle? It was over 1 and a half years ago............
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 05-13-2002, 08:18 PM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
I have been trying to get the link to the page I wanted you guys to see, but it keeps bringing me to the same page that is posted at the top of this thread. When you click the link in the above posts, it will bring you to a page. Once you get there, in the menu bar on the left of the screen there is a link under related items called "subaru puts on te style" Click it and it will bring you to the new article on the SVX, created in April of 2002. I think that is the page you should all see. it gives me a little more of a thought toward a new SVX coming out than the one with the GM team-up.
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.

Last edited by BoominSVX; 05-13-2002 at 08:24 PM.