Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 06-10-2007, 09:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to budbaer Send a message via Yahoo to budbaer
If you think Impreza insurance is bad, wait till you see your premium for an Esprit. Although it would be cool to own a real Exotic and you could stay true to the Giugiaro roots. If it comes down to the STI and the 350z, I still say go with the 350z. Back seats are way over rated and what's so scary about RWD and snow. I've owned plenty of cars that were RWD and full of tourque, you get used to driving them in the snow.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Send a message via AIM to Amazonparrot Send a message via MSN to Amazonparrot
and i just realized, i think we both meant Elise...yes...Elise's give me wood :P
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Ebony Mica: Custom Cold Air Intake, Smallcar Shift Kit, ECUtune Stage 1v4, Flowmaster Exhaust, UR underdrive pulley, 4.11 gears, iRotors Drilled and Slotted rotors, Axxis Brake Pads, 18" Enkei Wheels w/Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S, 20% Window Tinting, K&N Panel Filter, Rockford Fosgate Sound System w/XM Radio, Removed Intake Resonator *SOLD*

2003 Subaru WRX: 2003 Impreza WRX (Aspen White); Vishnu Stage II; IHI VF-34 Turbo; Walbro fuel pump, STi Injectors, Vishnu Up-pipe, Down-pipe and Signature 3" Cat-back; Samco Intercooler hoses; JIC Coilovers; STi A-arms; Whiteline swarbar bushings; Stoptech 13" rotors w/4-piston calipers; Braided Steel brake lines; 17" Rota Wheels with 225/45/17 Falken Azenis (R-Comp).
Charlottesville, VA Represent! (voted #1 place in America to live!)

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Amazonparrot
Old 06-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonparrot
I love GT's and that one is sexy as hell, but something like that needs a few visual mods to get looking that spiffy, whereas a Z is a sexy beast the way it sits...too many choices...grr!! haha
all that car has is the sport grille, eyelids, rear lip spoiler, front lip, and aero spats (which you can barely notice on a black car anyway.)

a stock LGT will roast a Z, but if looking Fasterer and Furiouser is more important, that's your call.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 06-11-2007, 07:05 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by budbaer
If you think Impreza insurance is bad, wait till you see your premium for an Esprit. Although it would be cool to own a real Exotic and you could stay true to the Giugiaro roots. If it comes down to the STI and the 350z, I still say go with the 350z. Back seats are way over rated and what's so scary about RWD and snow. I've owned plenty of cars that were RWD and full of tourque, you get used to driving them in the snow.
As long as you have it insured as an exotic car with an agreed value 5,000 mile a year limit you're looking at about $600 a year.

Amazon, no I wasn't talking about the Elise, the Elise is a POS with a POS engine, the Esprit can run with any supercar up to 120 for 1/3 of the price. The Elise is a sad attempt to get Lotus back to its roots. The Esprit is by far one of the best value on the used collector car markets at the moment.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:08 AM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
all that car has is the sport grille, eyelids, rear lip spoiler, front lip, and aero spats (which you can barely notice on a black car anyway.)

a stock LGT will roast a Z, but if looking Fasterer and Furiouser is more important, that's your call.
I prefer usefulness over looks and the LGT is far more useful than a 350Z - and faster too.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 06-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
I actually dont think the 350z looks good at all. The LGT is useful and has lots of look . STi is a great car but not as nice looking as an LGT. I say you stick to your roots!

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 06-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Since you're not looking for practicality I would have to say 350Z. Otherwise I would suggest G35 over the Z.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Talking

Hey, Andrew - I got a better plan. If you got the Nissan Jones, I'll reluctantly let go of my semi-cherry '93 240SX with only 268,000 miles on her, so you know it's reliable, for HALF the price of either of those two budget-busters you're contemplating. That way you can keep the SVX for appearance sake, & have a REAL hot rod that you can mod real easy, & run the socks off any 350 OR STI. It's only 3 hours away, & I'll personally guarantee It'll get you back home. Warranty expires when you hit Charlottesville.
Cash or certified check accepted.
Price semi-negotiable.

Glad to be of help -

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Send a message via AIM to Amazonparrot Send a message via MSN to Amazonparrot
Ok, so as much as I would prefer the STi, I have officially contacted my insurance company, and it would run me close to $800 more a year to insure the STI, and only $10 for the 350z While this seems goofy to me, it is what it is, so the Nissan search continues...

On another note, both the O2 sensors just threw a code on my SVX, reminding me once again of why I want to get rid of an old car :P (dont be hating, frustration speaking).
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Ebony Mica: Custom Cold Air Intake, Smallcar Shift Kit, ECUtune Stage 1v4, Flowmaster Exhaust, UR underdrive pulley, 4.11 gears, iRotors Drilled and Slotted rotors, Axxis Brake Pads, 18" Enkei Wheels w/Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S, 20% Window Tinting, K&N Panel Filter, Rockford Fosgate Sound System w/XM Radio, Removed Intake Resonator *SOLD*

2003 Subaru WRX: 2003 Impreza WRX (Aspen White); Vishnu Stage II; IHI VF-34 Turbo; Walbro fuel pump, STi Injectors, Vishnu Up-pipe, Down-pipe and Signature 3" Cat-back; Samco Intercooler hoses; JIC Coilovers; STi A-arms; Whiteline swarbar bushings; Stoptech 13" rotors w/4-piston calipers; Braided Steel brake lines; 17" Rota Wheels with 225/45/17 Falken Azenis (R-Comp).
Charlottesville, VA Represent! (voted #1 place in America to live!)

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Amazonparrot
Old 06-19-2007, 12:51 AM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Ok, so as much as I would prefer the STi, I have officially contacted my insurance company, and it would run me close to $800 more a year to insure the STI, and only $10 for the 350z While this seems goofy to me, it is what it is, so the Nissan search continues...

On another note, both the O2 sensors just threw a code on my SVX, reminding me once again of why I want to get rid of an old car :P (dont be hating, frustration speaking).
You should never get 'rid' of an old car. My theory is to get ANOTHER car that will serve you well and keep the 'old' car and just not count on it to get you to work! Old cars are 'history', where we came from. I have sold a few 'old' cars, but usually have 'sellers remorse' and end up buying them back, or one that looks just like it. I actually bought a 'former' junkyard so I could have a place to put them. I realize that most people can't DO that, but I have made my real estate available to people that have sweet cars that they wish to put away for a few years.

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 06-19-2007, 01:26 AM
Hater

Quote:
how much are O2 sensors? maybe 1/3 of 1 monthly payment on a 350Z?

Old 06-19-2007, 01:58 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
que?

Rice much? :P
Old 06-19-2007, 06:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
how much are O2 sensors? maybe 1/3 of 1 monthly payment on a 350Z?
My thoughts exactly. I love owning an older car. It's cheap.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:46 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
Rice much? :P
those "eyelids" make any car retardo-looking. other than that, its ok.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:09 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
those "eyelids" make any car retardo-looking. other than that, its ok.
yeah i'd prefer the more rectangular headlights, but yeah it's nice looking if not for the headlights. then again that was the same for the bug eye. liked the car, hated the eyes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: