Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Suspension

Old 05-07-2007, 09:13 AM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Thumbs up Front teflon swaybar bushings..UPDATE!!

Hi all,

I would like to talk a little bit about Teflon bushings for the front swaybar that Danny(SilverSpear) is providing. I got 3 sets of those (2 bushings in each set), in which we had one in Paul's (92svx95) tealie and another set with AlcyoneLunacy (I am not sure if he has installed them). Coming to the improvements, the car does feel more grip and more stiffened in the corners. Maybe Paul may give more input on it since he drives it more often even though he is using his red car lately.

They are perfectly molded to exact OEM specs, they do need some filing on one of the edges of the passenger's side bushing to fit in there, but thts easy. Will try to take some pics of those bushings installed in the car.

-Pavan.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:25 AM

Definately stiffer. I am currntly doing some suspension surgery and i wanna experiment with polyurethane and these teflon bushings!!!! no comment yet!
Old 05-09-2007, 12:02 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
I am glad guys that the bushings worked as expected in your cars. Those are one of the stiffest that one can have in a car (well there is still Aluminum, but...). With the combo of the pressurised struts and those bushings, I can confidently say that I have one of the stiffest suspensions on an SVX..

For those bushings, here are the pictures again:

But please do not forget the frequent greasing that I recommended...

Please post yours Pav when available

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:32 PM

Just as a thought, you can use teflon tape around the swaybar instead of grease. This last just about forever and they don't squeak. I do this on my STi with aftermarket bars and bushings.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:54 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmotronicus
Just as a thought, you can use teflon tape around the swaybar instead of grease. This last just about forever and they don't squeak. I do this on my STi with aftermarket bars and bushings.
The grease is used not to mess up the Teflon parts... meaning being eaten by the rubbing swaybars...

How long have you used your bushings with the teflon tape?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.