SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 09:48 AM
J. Bond

Send a message via AIM to ~*~JenSVX~*~
Broken Tranny Mount Common?

Does this tend to be a common problem for you guys? This is the 2nd car ive done it to. I'm beginning to think it may be an operator error thing.

www.longislandsubaruclub.com

LISC member #50
Old 04-25-2007, 10:04 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
I was beginning to think the same thing with everyone and clunking issues lately. Whats a broken tranny mount look like?
Old 04-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenSVX
I'm beginning to think it may be an operator error thing.
At least your willing to consider the possability. I've never broken a tranny mount, but i've had them go bad. TomSVX hopefully will get around to doing my tranny and engine mounts once i get around to paying him, but i think his schedule is pretty full right now, and i'm pretty poor.

OEM repalcements are rather pricy, but a few members can modify cheaper ones to fit our cars, saving $$$. If you can't do it yourself, someone local may be able to, or perhaps a member in the area might be able to assist. Otherwise you can have someone modify it for you and ship it out to where you are.

Bad tranny mount just means the rubber moutning is gone. Broken indicates to me that it's no longer attached, in which case you have a world of other problems.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 10:48 AM
J. Bond

Send a message via AIM to ~*~JenSVX~*~
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySVX
At least your willing to consider the possability. I've never broken a tranny mount, but i've had them go bad. TomSVX hopefully will get around to doing my tranny and engine mounts once i get around to paying him, but i think his schedule is pretty full right now, and i'm pretty poor.

OEM repalcements are rather pricy, but a few members can modify cheaper ones to fit our cars, saving $$$. If you can't do it yourself, someone local may be able to, or perhaps a member in the area might be able to assist. Otherwise you can have someone modify it for you and ship it out to where you are.

Bad tranny mount just means the rubber moutning is gone. Broken indicates to me that it's no longer attached, in which case you have a world of other problems.
Yea im not 110% sure they're full out broken but the shaking thing i got goin @ 60 leads me to believe so, maybe its just bad. My dad did the last one on my other car so im sure he'll be doing this one as well. Sucks...

www.longislandsubaruclub.com

LISC member #50
Old 04-25-2007, 11:17 AM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Might want to check your motor mounts as well. Chances are if one is out, the rest may be, and from what i hear it's easier/cheaper to do all at once, rather than spread out.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 11:30 AM

The '95 I bought a few months ago had a broken one-- the rubber cushion on these mounts is bonded directly to the metal plates of the bracket, and I think the rubber just deteriorates over time to where it can't handle the stresses, causing the rubber cushion to shear off the metal.

davew833@yahoo.com

Former 6-time SVX owner
Old 04-27-2007, 06:03 PM
i can make it on my oooowwwnn!

Thumbs up

I'm not 100% sure which mounts you are all speeking of, but i fixed some this week end. I read on another thread somewere to use 3M Window Weld and it seems to have worked great!!! no more thuds when i put it in gear, no more driving vibrations, and firmer everything. it took me like half an hour and 12 bucks