Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Its a Classic!

I bought my car for under 2k but ive since put over 5k in it and plan to put another 4k into it over the next 6 months. Hardly an investment but I wanted something cheap that I could buy with cash and mod to my liking. I love all the mid 90's japanses flagship cars...the SVX was the only one i could afford...but the AWD was a major + in my area and Its a very unique car which I love.
STi BBS wheels,legacy gt 4.44, 3" catback exhaust, Stance GR+ 7k/5k, QS Teflon adjustable endlinks, Hankook EVO 245/40/17, 95-LS escaine seats, GC8 V7 steering wheel, JDM clear corners, small car clear lenses, Alcyone badge, JDM rear taillight, 97 grille, stevesby bumper, PWR radiator, Perrin Crank pulley, Urethane Swaybar bushings, urethane diff bushings, DDM 6k 55watt lows and 4500k 35watt fog lights; $15/15min mod, Motorsport whs 22mm rear swaybar, QC shift kit, ToMyx intake, z32 aluminum calipers 13" rotors, nitrous express proton + wet kit.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:49 PM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX
YOU GOT IT, BE HAPPY

Ohhhh Yeahhhhhhh
June '91 Claret LSL #1733, Enkei RS-5's x 16", Original Paint, accompanied by Beautifully speckeled Front Bumper, Sony Audio Components, Small Car Shift Kit, "How to" Hood Lifts {Perfect}, "15 Minute Suspension Mod"
Motorsport Floor Mats. Perma-Cool External T. Filter, New Front Axels {1/2008}. "Classic Radiators" unit "$36 coil alternative" and Tranny rebuild at 287k 8/2012

'05 Infinity G35 Coupe.
No Mods, 33K Miles
Old 03-27-2007, 06:26 AM
What blue lights?

Send a message via AIM to GOT2HAVESVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiuludeSVX
YOU GOT IT, BE HAPPY

Ohhhh Yeahhhhhhh
His latest PM to me, (below) for someone who gave me the GONE GONE, he sure is trying to keep sh!t started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdvs
You can't even read, or keep who said what straight. I never bashed anything or anyone.
And my reply!
I cant read? Imagine that! I am a purchasing agent for a multi million dollar company, I spent a few hundred thousand dollars of someone elses $$$ a week. They didnt do a reading test when I started this job but if you say I cant read then I better get them to test me! Oh and BTW, I am not TRYING to keep everything everyone said straight, I could give a Flying F less! But please believe if I cared to keep it straight you would still be trying to start something! CYA! I gotta go ask my boss to give me a reading test!

Scott & Audrey's Subaru SVX's

1995 Green
1992 Black
Old 03-27-2007, 09:11 AM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT2HAVESVX
His latest PM to me, (below) for someone who gave me the GONE GONE, he sure is trying to keep sh!t started.

And my reply!
I cant read? Imagine that! I am a purchasing agent for a multi million dollar company, I spent a few hundred thousand dollars of someone elses $$$ a week. They didnt do a reading test when I started this job but if you say I cant read then I better get them to test me! Oh and BTW, I am not TRYING to keep everything everyone said straight, I could give a Flying F less! But please believe if I cared to keep it straight you would still be trying to start something! CYA! I gotta go ask my boss to give me a reading test!
Shhhh. Cover your eyes, we'll be invisible, and maybe it'll go away.

That said. CDVS, I don't enjoy being a Turd, but like the man said .. You seem to be gettin what you came here for.
If your gonna come here to bash, then that's exactly what you will get in return. Until we get tired of it.
So, take your day a bit lighter, and let off. Chances are, people will treat you better.
June '91 Claret LSL #1733, Enkei RS-5's x 16", Original Paint, accompanied by Beautifully speckeled Front Bumper, Sony Audio Components, Small Car Shift Kit, "How to" Hood Lifts {Perfect}, "15 Minute Suspension Mod"
Motorsport Floor Mats. Perma-Cool External T. Filter, New Front Axels {1/2008}. "Classic Radiators" unit "$36 coil alternative" and Tranny rebuild at 287k 8/2012

'05 Infinity G35 Coupe.
No Mods, 33K Miles

Last edited by ShiuludeSVX; 03-27-2007 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:57 PM
1st one red, 2nd one black

Smile value? and where you drove your hogs

Wow, some of yuz guys sure can go off on a tangent. It's just a car. Sure, its unique, and like Earl says, you won't see yourself at every stop light unless you live near him.
But really, if you chose this as an investment, you "drove your hogs to a bad market" as my great aunt Ted used to say. Love 'em for what they are, cool looking, rare, and a wonderful car. I bought mine new in 02/95 and it has never let ME down. (I however have let IT down once or twice) and now, 13 or so South Dakota winters later (heated garage) I honestly have now seen anything I'd let it go for, at almost any price. This car is me, its the last car I'll probably ever buy new and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Sure, maintenance adds up, but with 85K its been minimal. I got over being "boy racer" in my twenties with my '72 Datsun 510 and '68 Midget, and I got over modifying things in my thirties with my Capri II's (both V-6) with the headers and big noise boy pipes (stebro) and I learned the value of keeping it stock in my forties with my Supra MK II. So Ive kept it stock and I love the heck out of it.
Will it be worth something someday? Sure, but I'll be dust by then.

just my 2 cents.
Bruce

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

The inventor of the doorbell did not own a dog.