Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-02-2007, 10:01 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist
Maybe. His wife probably said "Get rid of that silly car dear, we don't need a car that drinks petrol", and he said "I'll do my best, dear, I will advertise on Autotrader, see if we get an offer"
He needs to keep the car and get rid of the wife!
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist
Phil, how long is Neil Simpson Automobiles advertising that black car now? 2 years? More? Remember it used to be £6,500 or something silly?
The "Neil Simpson" car with the nasty aftermarket spoiler and back-to-black tyres seems to have been on autotrader forever - at least two years. I remember somebody went to see it back in August 2005:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Swan
Black over black genuine 1996 car £5995, trade. 113k miles with expected wear on stearing wheel but generally good inside and out EXCEPT - rear valance has been cut about to fit Max Power dustbin size rear pipes that sound bad from outside and just awfull from inside. The "nice BBS wheels" turn out to be well curbed Halfords specials with budget tyres, but from a distance they look fine. They have offered to return the tailpipes to standard and see what can be done to the valance. Also the tranny fluid looks to be standard motor oil, certainly not red, but clean and the box has been refurbished. The CD changer is also missing from the boot, though there is a single slot head unit in the dash.
Doesn't sound like it's worth anything like £4995. Compare it to the other beauties currently on autotrader for less money. I'm surprised they haven't dumped it on ebay just to get rid of it - if they are really lucky they might get £1200.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II

Last edited by b3lha; 03-02-2007 at 10:03 AM.