Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Tired

Oh yeah, the "Rick" fella. He was cool. Yeah, he didn't sound like he was from here. I just saw this: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...g=1&cardist=12
Nice shot of the interior! LOL!
Old 01-03-2007, 01:40 PM

Well it LOOKS clean, but at that mileage, who knows. Mine's right about there and things are failing left and right lol. I wasn't aware that the ebonies were available with the tan interior though. Who knows, the price isn't too bad, might be worth a test drive?

92 LS-L Ebony/Lqd. Silver, stock, 88xxx miles, flung into a telephone pole by a drunk a month after buying

92 LS-L midnight black 141xxx miles, WRX FPR, MAF bypass, lightened underdrive pulley, formerly AppstateSVX's
Old 01-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftylandshark
I wasn't aware that the ebonies were available with the tan interior though. Who knows, the price isn't too bad, might be worth a test drive?
Charcoal was the only color option in 92 but that pic threw me too until I looked closely. I think it’s from an Infinity!
Mine has 142,000 on it now and seems to be ok except for the drivers side seatbelt failing. I need to replace the rear transmission mount (thumps) and the drivers seat has wear on the lumbar support. It also has the usual wear on the paint (re-painted it 9 years ago).
Honestly I don’t know how long I’ll keep it. I would hate it if I had to start dumping a bunch of money in it.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:53 PM

Svx

Quote:
Well it LOOKS clean, but at that mileage, who knows. Mine's right about there and things are failing left and right lol. I wasn't aware that the ebonies were available with the tan interior though. Who knows, the price isn't too bad, might be worth a test drive?
I went and look at that one it has 247000 plus on the meter not 147000, windshield is crack and the top has been repainted, check leaks underneath, rear main i think,also photos in trader are the wrong car interior, they made a mistake with the photo, runs fairly good for the miliage, about 900.00 to much they need to come off the price.. The guy is from austrilia.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:26 PM

Well lo and behold, more NC folks! Yeah, I was a little curious about that interior pic, didn't look close enough to spot that it wasn't even an SVX. While we're listing our problems, here it goes... all within the last 10K miles I've replaced the alternator, rear wheel bearings, PS return hose, and the valve cover gaskets. Still on the to-do list: new wheels and DEFINITELY new tires, front diff, exhaust flange leak, some tranny work, tranny cooler, loose connection to one of my brake lights, paint touchup in some spots, drooping sunvisor... and I THINK that's about it for now. Possibly a throttle position sensor. Oh, the joys of an over-engineered car lol.

92 LS-L Ebony/Lqd. Silver, stock, 88xxx miles, flung into a telephone pole by a drunk a month after buying

92 LS-L midnight black 141xxx miles, WRX FPR, MAF bypass, lightened underdrive pulley, formerly AppstateSVX's
Old 01-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Tired

Quote:
Well lo and behold, more NC folks! Yeah, I was a little curious about that interior pic, didn't look close enough to spot that it wasn't even an SVX. While we're listing our problems, here it goes... all within the last 10K miles I've replaced the alternator, rear wheel bearings, PS return hose, and the valve cover gaskets. Still on the to-do list: new wheels and DEFINITELY new tires, front diff, exhaust flange leak, some tranny work, tranny cooler, loose connection to one of my brake lights, paint touchup in some spots, drooping sunvisor... and I THINK that's about it for now. Possibly a throttle position sensor. Oh, the joys of an over-engineered car lol.
I bought the passenger seat today. I'm such a redneck!!!!
Old 01-08-2007, 07:42 PM

Redneck? Naaaaaah, just dedicated to your car!

Old 01-08-2007, 08:17 PM

Need NC SVX Parts: Call Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Y'all:

I have a '92 in Oriental NC in great shape with 77K miles. It is complete. I am pulling engine only. I will sell you the parts you need CHEAP if you come get em. Hurry though, I can't keep it in my driveway.

johng@pinelink.org

PS: I called the WS yard. car has 58K miles, and has been there quite a while
Old 01-08-2007, 08:17 PM

Need NC SVX Parts: Call Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Y'all:

I have a '92 in Oriental NC in great shape with 77K miles. It is complete. I am pulling engine only. I will sell you the parts you need CHEAP if you come get em. Hurry though, I can't keep it in my driveway.

johng@pinelink.org

PS: I called the WS yard. car has 158K miles, and has been there quite a while
Old 01-09-2007, 10:34 AM

How much would you want for the transmission?

Old 01-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisport
Hey Y'all:

johng@pinelink.org

PS: I called the WS yard. car has 158K miles, and has been there quite a while
Hey John, I'm good for right now but I'm facinated about your use for the motor. I have seen several people simply pulling the motors. Thanks!
Old 01-09-2007, 08:37 PM

We've swapped emails. He's doing the VW Vanagon EG33 swap detailed (I think?) at the Smallcar website. It's a pretty interesting project I have to say. Boxer engines seem to be an excellent stable powerplant for minivans - as I remember, the Toyota Previa and several others I can't remember right now use boxers.

On another note, although I could REALLY use the transmission at a good price, if someone can pick this car up whole sans the parts he needs, PLEASE do. It'd be a shame to see a 92 with only 77K miles parted out.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:38 AM
Tired

[QUOTE=On another note, although I could REALLY use the transmission at a good price, if someone can pick this car up whole sans the parts he needs, PLEASE do. It'd be a shame to see a 92 with only 77K miles parted out.[/QUOTE]

I agree... I don't have any good ways of getting it from there to here. Currently my car is ok but who knows what I might need. Kinda wild just to buy a perfectly good SVX just for the motor. The car at 109 has a good engine (158,000). Maybe someone could make a whole car? Wasn't Greenmarine parting out or collecting SVXs? I think he was somewhere near Raleigh. He'd only be about 2 hrs from Oriental.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:57 PM

We've talked a bit more and he's willing to deliver the whole thing to me for 1100 bucks... the issue is coming up with the money by Saturday and renting a storage facility. I think a friend of mine is going to "invest", as it were, in it as long as I sell enough parts to recoup the money. I'd consider, instead, swapping my motor into the one he'd deliver, but there's some body damage to the front end, so we'll see what the frame looks like. It sounds relatively minor. It was owned by a member here whose daughter was in a slow-speed collision.

If I can't manage the 1100 by Saturday, I'm sure he'd deliver it to you just as readily as he would to me, if you have the space to keep it. If not, I'd be glad to foot the money for a storage facility just to have the car close at hand and to have access to the tranny. I'd love to get up with you about doing something to get this car close to us. Call me - 336 416 4369

Last edited by craftylandshark; 01-10-2007 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:22 PM

Question Good morning from the Silver State

Good morn, a new user here.
I moved back to the mountains, and, have been dreaming of an SVX (AWD)
Currently have a '90 Jeep Cherokee, and a '65 Corvair, which I will be selling / Trading to finance the SVX.

I found one down in SF, and am wondering if anyone has the ability to decode the VIN, as I can only decode Corvair VIN's at this time.

I'm really just worried about the tranny, the owner and I have exchanged emails, nothing more to this point. 3 owner car, AWD, White/Tan. Sunroof, 152,000K.

He claims the tranny probably is orig, not sure of the last service date. When in '92, (or later) did these trannys get some updates?

I'm just green, and anxious, since the car is only $2800, and may go fast.

Thanks for all the help, and I got a kick out of reading about the 9K junker.!

The VIN on this SVX is JF1CX3538NH106188

by the way, I bought a Carfax accnt, if you want one, send me a VIN, I'd be happy to get you the report, and forward it to you. Just being neighborly!

Thanks for the help!

Eric

Here is what I have...
http://imagedeposit.com/ad_images/Im...6ADE60DF6A.jpg
Here is what I want...