Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 04-18-2006, 10:51 AM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
....I still want pancakes for winning.....
New question, completly unrelated to my previous one (So if I stump her again I get more pancakes)

Who is going to buy me pancakes for winning?

Tough question...I would assume noone...but that defeats the pourpose of the Bipapidia challenge
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 04-18-2006, 10:52 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershark
Once we annex Canada, it won't matter where she's from!

what the hell do we want with Canada?

i'm for leaving our "mildly retarded little brother" to the north all alone.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 04-18-2006, 11:07 AM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
Quote:
Once we annex Canada, it won't matter where she's from!
It's a darn good thing you're kidding.
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*
Old 04-18-2006, 11:58 AM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Destiny
It's a darn good thing you're kidding.
He ain't kidding... I heard Bush is up there designating you guys as the new 3rd Axis of evil. As you know, that position is currently vacant. He's declaring the French language as a WMD which should justify it. At least as well as Iraq was justified.

Hey! You guys are welcome to come down here and march in groups with the Canadian flag if you like.

You think your health care program is a tax burden now, wait until we add all those motorized wheel chairs to it.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 04-18-2006, 06:31 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
Bush is declaring the French language as a WMD which should justify it. At least as well as Iraq was justified.

Why exactly would Bush declare the French language to be a Weapon of Mass Divestment?

We know that the French can sound seductive, even when they are only telling you that your wheel is punctured, or your boogies are buggered.

And we know that Bipa wears a boa on a bicycle. But we don't know if she even speaks French!!

I can't see an invasion anytime soon, unless Canucks discover a lot of oil in them frozen territories.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 04-18-2006, 06:57 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
i got one for you. What Does tungston have to do with my SVX?
Old 04-18-2006, 07:19 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist
I can't see an invasion anytime soon, unless Canucks discover a lot of oil in them frozen territories.

Joe
Well, there is actually quite a bit of oil up north, but we're just sitting on it at the moment. Unexploited natural resources? Perish the thought.

Also, the Alberta oil fields are booming right now, though many of us don't consider Alberta to be really all that Canadian; more like the lost American state. From what I hear, a lot of Albertans wouldn't complain too much about that either.
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.

1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!

1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*
Old 04-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist
Why exactly would Bush declare the French language to be a Weapon of Mass Divestment?

We know that the French can sound seductive, even when they are only telling you that your wheel is punctured, or your boogies are buggered.

And we know that Bipa wears a boa on a bicycle. But we don't know if she even speaks French!!

Joe
Well, actually I do speak a little French, though I must admit that I've forgotten quite a bit of it since I haven't really used it much in the last 20 years. Let's just say that French is no longer a real international language, so I use it only as a last resort - when in Quebec!

I did get a chance to speak French a while back when in France. Nobody there believed that I was from Canada, because they said they could understand me Apparently they are so used to Canadians speaking Quebecois that my standard Paris accent seemed to astound them. But my first French teacher for the first 3 years I was learning French was from Paris. Guess that explains my accent.

As for oil and natural gas..... you might be surprised if you check out where the USA gets its oil from. Actually, that would make an interesting question:
Name the top five countries that imported oil into the USA in 2005, along with their percentage of total oil imports (meaning percentage of total oil that the USA imported coming from that country), in descending order.

Last edited by Bipa; 04-19-2006 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:02 PM

Can't tell you what all of them are, because I don't know, and am too apathetic to look it up, but I know Venezuela was one of them. Number 2, IIRC, right after Saudi Arabia...

Old 04-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Oil Imports

To lazy to look up 2005 but for the last month that import figures were reported (Feb 2006) the countries were:

Mexico--1.774M barrels per day
Canada--1.700M bpd
Saudia Arabia--1.418M bpd
Nigeria--1.3425M bpd
Venzuela--1.175M bpd

The US is also an exporter of oil. How much did they export in 2005 and to which countries?

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by lhopp77; 04-19-2006 at 06:50 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:23 PM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
To lazy to look up 2005 but for the last month that import figures were reported (Feb 2006) the countries were:

Mexico--1.774M barrels per day
Canada--1.700M bpd
Saudia Arabia--1.418M bpd
Nigeria--1.3425M bpd
Venzuela--1.175M bpd

The US is also an exporter of oil. How much did they export in 2005 and to which countries?

Lee

"During the first months of 2005, about 267,000 bpd of petroleum were exported from PAD Distric 5, which comprises the western states, including Alaska and Hawaii. No crude oil at all was exported. During this period, 94,000 bpd of petroleum coke and 78,000 bd of residual fuel oil were sold abroad....Only 10,000 bd of gasoline was exported.

The United States does export about one million barrels per day of oil and oil products; almost none of this is crude oil....But 14% of this petroleum is traded with Canada, 23% with Mexico, and 13% is petroleum coke."
http://www.ipmall.info/hosted_resour...142_050506.pdf

An interesting side note. One source wrote that about 20,000 bpd is exported to Canada, refined, and then sent right back again. I can see that happening purely due to geographic considerations.

Hmm.... Guess I wasn't specific enough 'cause I wanted Canada in first place. Those figures you have listed are only for Feb crude oil imports. If you look at Feb total petroleum products, then you get Canada back in first place with 2.249 million bpd, then Mexico with 1.878 million bpd and Venezuela with 1,472 million bpd.

But your figures are correct, or at least they jive with what I have found

Here are the stats for 2005 in a nice map form:

Old 04-19-2006, 08:47 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Quote:
What Does tungston have to do with my SVX?
Tungsten is used as a non-consumable electode in TIG welding. Im presuming you had all your stainless exhaust welded using this procedure
Of course...If it was TIG welded, Im sure that it wasnt pure tungsten used, and had a small percentage of alloying elements in it. Most likely the tungsten was thoriated. Pure tungsten is best used to TIG weld aluminum

Unless of course, it has NOTHING to do with welding and tungsten is in fact used for something in the turbo. But I wouldnt know anything about that now, would I?
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 04-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Certified Porschephile

So we get the most from Canada. Hmmm, looks like my annex Canada suggestion is genius. Once we relocate all the damn caribu to Alaska, we can tap all that oil up under the snow, sell it for $25 a barrel, and crush OPEC into 3rd world status. Wait till I send this thread to D.C., no more Oh Canada at hockey games!!!!
Old 04-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
So we get the most from Canada. Hmmm, looks like my annex Canada suggestion is genius. Once we relocate all the damn caribu to Alaska, we can tap all that oil up under the snow, sell it for $25 a barrel, and crush OPEC into 3rd world status. Wait till I send this thread to D.C., no more Oh Canada at hockey games!!!!
Yeah, this will make me feel better about Toronto's baseball club. I say invade, and bring that country democracy. Their centuries of living under the lie of communism must end. We can bring the Canadians peace, happiness, and freedom from their suppressive parliamentary regime. Regular Canadians will welcome us in the streets. Lets invade!!

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 04-20-2006, 04:44 PM

Come get some.

We whipped American butt before (1812), and if we have to, dammit, we'll do it again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: