Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Turbo Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2004, 07:28 PM
no limitation as limitation

EIP in wesminister MD said that they could put tec2 on my car and tune it for 2500 i dont know if thats a good price. but its available, and from what i hear about the tec2 system i might be worth it if i had a turbo.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to PatrickB
tec2 is a nice stand alone . 2500 isn't horrible price for someone to put it on and tune it. personally if i had a stand alone i would put it on myself and tune it myself. you would may be back into a corner on any updates etc if u don't know whats going on.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:45 PM

So your 5spd is from a 1gen legacy? Not a WRX.

Great job turboing the svx, your probley the only turbo 5spd SVX.

Last edited by svxsubaru1; 09-14-2004 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:50 PM
5 speeds rock! :D

Regarding stand alone management:

Anyone know anything about megasquirts? Would they work with the SVX? It might be a low budget way to enter into SVX tunability.

Cool thread!

'92 LS-L Claret: '01 RS 4:11 5-speed, Exedy organic, lightened flywheel, and Koni/ GC
Old 09-14-2004, 10:51 PM
no limitation as limitation

Quote:
Originally posted by svxhunter
Regarding stand alone management:

Anyone know anything about megasquirts? Would they work with the SVX? It might be a low budget way to enter into SVX tunability.

Cool thread!
megasquirts??? thats a terribol name for engine management.

to answer your q. i was told by eip that the only feasable standalone for the Alcyone was tec2. thy could have just told me that tough because their bias.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:11 PM
Turbo Member

Send a message via AIM to SVXtasy
First off, Thanks all of you and you good words. At one time I was very dismayed about this community and there resistance to forced induction. All of the support has gotten me even more exited about my turbo car. Thank you all so much.

"Anyone know anything about -megasquirts?" a bit a very good friend got one to use on his turbo Saturn but after putting it together, the implementation of it seamed to be a bit daunting. So he went with additional injection as well. (Witch by the way is working very well)

"Great job turboing the svx, your probley the only turbo 5spd SVX."
-I don’t like to toot my own horn but I am going to take this opportunity to do so. This is the ONLY 5-speed, Turbo, Intercooled SVX in the world as far as I know (and I have done a huge amount of research on this) when this car is driving it will be the most unique SVX in the world !!!!

"I hope a stand alone is in your future. Adding injectors is a band aid to bad engine management"
-First off I think that additional injection is somewhat better then a band aid. Many huge HP cars with no other attentive have turned to an additional injection. But to back you up as well. Yes stand alone would be best and I will go this rout someday. But when you are faced with the prospect of having to spend an other 3k for engine management (not including injectors) it is hard to justify a standalone for a student like me.

"What is NASIOC? I want to go and watch on Friday!"
-come on out I will be there at about 5 or so. NASIOC is North American Impreza Owners Club. Best forum site for Subaru’s out there.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:06 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:
Originally posted by SVXtasy
First off, Thanks all of you and you good words. At one time I was very dismayed about this community and there resistance to forced induction. All of the support has gotten me even more exited about my turbo car. Thank you all so much.

"Anyone know anything about -megasquirts?" a bit a very good friend got one to use on his turbo Saturn but after putting it together, the implementation of it seamed to be a bit daunting. So he went with additional injection as well. (Witch by the way is working very well)

-I don’t like to toot my own horn but I am going to take this opportunity to do so. This is the ONLY 5-speed, Turbo, Intercooled SVX in the world as far as I know (and I have done a huge amount of research on this) when this car is driving it will be the most unique SVX in the world !!!!

"I hope a stand alone is in your future. Adding injectors is a band aid to bad engine management"
-First off I think that additional injection is somewhat better then a band aid. Many huge HP cars with no other attentive have turned to an additional injection. But to back you up as well. Yes stand alone would be best and I will go this rout someday. But when you are faced with the prospect of having to spend an other 3k for engine management (not including injectors) it is hard to justify a standalone for a student like me.

"What is NASIOC? I want to go and watch on Friday!"
-come on out I will be there at about 5 or so. NASIOC is North American Impreza Owners Club. Best forum site for Subaru’s out there.
I for one, am absolutely thrilled that you went through with the project. I was all for you doing it from your first post telling us your plan. I was dismayed when the first company dropped you and you were going to sell the SVX. It is great that you persevered and kept the car, let alone pushed it through and finished the turbo! Who was a nay-sayer about forced induction? I know everybody said it was tough... but I know I was supportive of forced induction from the original Kinetic Concept days. We know turbos have been put on before, and I'm not sure if any have used the 5-speed with it... but your SVX is definately the first with an intercooler... and a turbo that may actually provide a power boost.

Keep it up, man. I can't wait for the results! I tell all my car-entusiast (and non-enthusiast for that matter) about the forced induction progress that is getting accomplished, due to my excitement!

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 09-15-2004, 04:49 AM

would there be any way you would release a cad drawing of your setup? what turbo did you use? everything looks like it fits so nicely into the car.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PatrickB
would there be any way you would release a cad drawing of your setup? what turbo did you use? everything looks like it fits so nicely into the car.
PS. how are the brakes?
Old 09-15-2004, 07:54 AM
shiftin' an automatic

Send a message via AIM to EddieSVX
Quote:
I don’t like to toot my own horn but I am going to take this opportunity to do so. This is the ONLY 5-speed, Turbo, Intercooled SVX in the world as far as I know (and I have done a huge amount of research on this) when this car is driving it will be the most unique SVX in the world !!!!
Correction... NapaBavarian's "lightweight special" SVX is the most unique in the World...

Check it out...
'92 SVX LS-L (For Sale! Info and link to pics... ) #9536 blt. 4/92 (late boomer '92)
'01 Audi S4 (2.7L Twin Turbo - 6MT)
Old 09-15-2004, 09:43 AM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
my 2¢

I've heard a lot of good things about this system used with the H-6 and other forced induction applications.

http://www.sdsefi.com/specific.html

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 09-15-2004, 10:12 AM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
Quote:
Yay for liquid silver SVXi!
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 09-15-2004, 12:53 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Re: my 2¢

Quote:
Originally posted by michael
I've heard a lot of good things about this system used with the H-6 and other forced induction applications.

http://www.sdsefi.com/specific.html
There's quite a few options out there for aftermarket ecus. The SDSEFI has been used to control the EG33 in air plane applications. Based on features, the SDSEFI is a pretty decent unit, but its starting to show its age. Some of the newer aftermarket ecus have many more features, accept more inputs, have maps for different situations, and can control more gizmos. TEC3 and the AEM EMS are a couple examples of newer ecus.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:20 PM
BoondockSVX

I'm glad you could ignore all the nitpicking around here and finish the SVX turbo project. It looks fantastic and I'm sure your results will silence all the critics.

Good luck!
Old 09-15-2004, 07:01 PM
5 speeds rock! :D

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthewmongan

megasquirts??? thats a terribol name for engine management.

I agree But the people who use them swear by them, and they are ultra low budget. I'm considering one for the SV-Rex.

'92 LS-L Claret: '01 RS 4:11 5-speed, Exedy organic, lightened flywheel, and Koni/ GC