Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2001, 09:24 PM
maestro

My new svx

I just purchased a new SVX and was lost. I thought this was a car that nobody knew about or cared about (though i new it was cool), and then i found this site. Where can I get parts for my car like new headlights (I think UV light broke down the plastic in mine), and maybe altezza style taillights? All the sights ive found sell wind deflector's and carpet, both of which i dont need. Everyone seems to really enjoy their SVX's, so it must be a rather enjoyable car. Great site and thanks.
Old 09-18-2001, 09:33 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: My new svx

Quote:
Originally posted by maestro
I just purchased a new SVX and was lost. I thought this was a car that nobody knew about or cared about (though i new it was cool), and then i found this site. Where can I get parts for my car like new headlights (I think UV light broke down the plastic in mine), and maybe altezza style taillights? All the sights ive found sell wind deflector's and carpet, both of which i dont need. Everyone seems to really enjoy their SVX's, so it must be a rather enjoyable car. Great site and thanks.
Maestro, welcome to "The Network." You'll find some of the most die-hard enthusiasts of the SVX anywhere, right here.

Before you buy new headlights, there are many of us who've polished them to "like new" condition. We've used Novus products (available from JC Whitney), 3M products (Available at Walmart) and some have used what they've termed as "el cheapo" products, all with good results.

As for altezza style headlights, I don't know of any, and don't know of anyone else who knows, but, who knows.

For parts, the cheapest I've found are here
http://www.subaruparts.com/accessories.php
Just click on the SVX and follow the prompts. Be sure to bookmark the opening page -- It's a beta version of the search and diagram section. These parts are for 92's but, almost all part numbers work for later models.

Again, welcome. We look forward to having you here.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 09-19-2001, 12:51 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Thumbs up Re: My new svx

Quote:

Hey! Welcome to the forum.

As for the front lights, I have used pretty much everything to clean them up. Like Randy (AreDubJay) said, there are products all over the place. I personally used everything -- sand paper to 3M fine/medium cut compounds. They both work really really well. My brother looked at me as if I was crazy when I took out that 2000 grade sand paper and called me a bloody idiot. As for the altezza tail lights, chances are you will not find them unless you make them yourself. They are doable if you want to spend time and efforts and funds into them. I have searched all import stores and I have not seen any of those lights. (I personally do not want to change the tail of the SVX in anyway shape or form). Good luck with the car and enojy the SVX

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 09-19-2001, 07:19 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: My new svx

Quote:
Welcome to the site, maestro. Tell us a little about your car and, if you like, yourself. What year is your SVX? What color? What trim level? Did you buy a used car warranty with it? Do you know the service history of the car? Etc...

Again, welcome!

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 09-19-2001, 08:39 AM

Registered SVX
Head lights

Maestro, welcome!!!

When I purchased the first 92 SVX I checked with the parts dept for new head lights, quote was $365 each. Iv'e been sanding and polishing the originals. Look at mueseumquality's personal locker. He did a fabulous job on his head lights.
Old 09-19-2001, 08:56 PM
maestro

Thanks for the info, and i'm going to wallmart tommorow to pick up some 3m products. I have seen one SVX with altezza taillights, and i'll try to find the pic as it was on the internet. My SVX, by the way, is a silver over black 92 LSL with all the options except for the spoiler (unless it was taken off), and the block heater (unless i just can't find it) I don't have a warranty with it. Thanks again. Oh, and is anybody selling a bra. I checked the subaru parts trader listed above and its $84.00 or so, and i'm just checking.

Last edited by maestro; 09-19-2001 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-19-2001, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info, and i'm going to wallmart tommorow to pick up some 3m products. I have seen one SVX with altezza taillights, and i'll try to find the pic as it was on the internet. My SVX, by the way, is a silver over black 92 LSL with all the options except for the spoiler (unless it was taken off), and the block heater (unless i just can't find it) I don't have a warranty with it. Thanks again. Oh, and is anybody selling a bra. I checked the subaru parts trader listed above and its $84.00 or so, and i'm just checking.
Are you by chance refering to the link on this page:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/archive/ar...?message=40351

I know the link does not work anymore at this point but someone might have cached the picture somewhere.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 09-19-2001, 09:49 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Ah, yes. The wonderful pic of the SVX with the altezza tail lights. I think that may be in John Shotsky's yahoo briefcase. I'll check it out if you'd like. I think it also has the dual exhaust coming out dead center of the rear valance --- both, unfortunately, the product of a wonderful Photoshop job.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 09-19-2001, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Check this link out for the bra:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jht...questid=116653

<ACTION> Wolf whistle </ACTION>

Lwin
Old 09-20-2001, 04:53 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Maestro,

Welcome to "Club SVX"
Do some digging in the search area and you'll find all the answers you need.

BTW: Where in Penna are you. I live in northern Del. and have worked in cc Philly for more years than I care to remember.

Larry III
Old 09-20-2001, 04:32 PM
maestro

I searched and couldn't find the picture, but oh well. Anyway, when the rain here dries up I'm going to clean my lights. I live in Harrisburg, but spend most weekends in Baltimore or Philly. I'm going to enjoy searching the archives etc. for interseting subaru stories/articles. Thanks for that JCW link, I'll be ordering a bra soon. And thank you a bunch for such a great site!
Old 09-20-2001, 04:56 PM
oneothefewproud

"more years than I care to remember."

Larry,

Don't you mean. More years than you "CAN" remember.

hahahaha

Wayne
Old 09-20-2001, 05:29 PM
maestro

on a completely different note, how do i "check someone's locker"?
Old 09-20-2001, 05:42 PM
oneothefewproud

how do i "check someone's locker"?

maestro,

At the top of every screen is a list of options in the upper right corner. Click on Personal Lockers

That's it.

Ciao
Wayne
Old 09-20-2001, 10:59 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
I searched and couldn't find the picture, but oh well. Anyway, when the rain here dries up I'm going to clean my lights. I live in Harrisburg, but spend most weekends in Baltimore or Philly. I'm going to enjoy searching the archives etc. for interseting subaru stories/articles. Thanks for that JCW link, I'll be ordering a bra soon. And thank you a bunch for such a great site!
In that case, I'll expect to see you at the third annual Reading Meet (actually held in Morgantown, may change slightly this year) the first weekend in April.

I'm aiming at crushing the current 25 car record set at the Burlington VT meet. Previous to that, the first Reading meet held the record with 23 cars. Last year, at Reading II, we had 19. Maybe I should start cheerleading now. It will be a great precurser to the 10th Anniversary Meet in July!
Subaru Ambassador