How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-02-2003, 08:45 PM
svxeno

Dealer to replace tranny?!?

Check my locker. I had some smoke coming out from underneath my car so I stopped at the dealer to have a look with them.

Next week I'm having timing belt and all those seals done as well as the valve covers.

The smoke was from something else however. I had my tranny rebuilt (twice now) by a small 'personal' shop. I hadn't been under the car since. Look here and see what was found.

I'm really ticked off (I cleaned that up before typing it!)

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?svxeno

This is a really good reason to have a reputable dealer do this work. I would've paid extra to get it done right.

Randy ii

ps: Unbelievable they would give it back to me this way.

Last edited by svxeno; 12-03-2003 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:42 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Wow - they butchered your PS lines and broke and exhaust stud! I wonder what else they have done that you can't see yet. Good luck.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 12-03-2003, 06:21 AM
British Car Junky

Send a message via AIM to EveryShadeofBlue Send a message via Yahoo to EveryShadeofBlue
Randy...

Sorry about your car plight. Will you finally take the car to Mastro? I hate to say "I told you so" but I remember when you joined the club and I said "Only take your SVX to Mastro or you'll be sorry!"

Normal shops just can't work on this car.

Good luck and let us know how you make out. Tell the folks at Mastro that Jeff Hall sent you. I'd love to see the looks on their faces, I'm sure they'll remember me.

Jeff
Old 12-03-2003, 06:32 AM
British Car Junky

Send a message via AIM to EveryShadeofBlue Send a message via Yahoo to EveryShadeofBlue
Just for reference

This is what I told you on February 4, 2002. Wish you listened!

2/4/02
Randy,

I hope and pray you are taking the car to Mastro for a new tranny and not to some butcher to hack it up and leave you without a car for weeks. My transmission job at Mastro was a two day process and they did it perfectly. Have them install a cooler for extra protection, they'll do it.

Good luck!

Jeff
Old 12-03-2003, 11:42 AM
Pearlywhites1992

Look here and see what was found.

I will first profess my mechanical ineptness...
having said that; is it possible that someone slipped
a wrench off that visible drainplug, smashing the lines?

Tim
Subaru did a good job replacing my tranny. (knock on wood)
Expensive, but worth it.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:46 PM
svxeno

I know I know...

Thanks Jeff... I FEEL MUCH BETTER NOW!!!

I thought I'd help a friend. The worst part is it was about the same price + or - 100.00..

I took it to Mastro and saw it while up on their lift. I've set things up with Steve to get the work done and I'll remind them about you. Like you said, I'm certain they'll remember.

As for how it happened, if you see it in person it looks like a full tilt tranny crush. The damage is too wide for a slipped wrench but it's difficult to tell in the pictures. Even if that's all it was, they still should have never turned it back over to me in that condition.

I'll try to post a copy of the written complaint I'm taking with me on Monday morning. If I do not get satisfaction then come 'BBB' and the local news outlets. I hope the htreat of publicity will get the job done. No matter what happens I really hate to do this to someone but, I'm over it!

Randy (Had my nose rubbed in 'it' by Jeff) ii