Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-11-2001, 05:56 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Numb

I have been reading these posts for the last few minutes. I had work at school that kept me late. My students and I followed the news this morning with stunned disbelief. The kids asked me lots of questions; they knew that Jean and I had been to the top of one of the towers. I saw them collapse...and it still hasn't sunk in yet. Jean worked at the Pentagon for a year, so she has some memories of that building. Several of our teachers had relatives that worked in the Pentagon, and as of this evening all are accounted for. Larry I pray the people you know there got out in time. Kevin, what great news from you! A few minutes ago, I received a wonderful email from my friend Ilya, whom I met last year at Green Bank and drove around our area just a few weeks ago. He expressed his sorrow at the news and said his family is praying for the people and OUR NATION. A terrorist bomb went off in his hometown just a few weeks ago, killing several and wounding over one hundred. If you had ever told me that I would live long enough to not only have a Russian friend, but have them praying for our nation at a time of crisis.....well I would have doubted your sanity. So no matter how crazy the world gets, there is always hope on the horizon.
Now we have some unfinished business.....to discover who is behind this, and make them wish they had never been born....Don
Old 09-11-2001, 06:02 PM
cozykat

Stunned

Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist
This is hard to believe even as you watch. The b'stards who did this will not receive justice in this life. It can only be meted out in Hell, where a few of them already are.

.......For now, we mourn.

Joe
I just can't beleive that this is happened.. I woke up and the first thing I heard is my dad asking if I heard what happened....
Then stunned, I went to school. But by the end of my first class, a guy comes in and says classes are canceled and they started blocking off my school. I honestly thought I was going to hear sirens. It was just like a horrible nightmare. For while I kept hoping to wake up.

My prayers go out to all of those with family and friends anywhere near these terribe attacks. All those poor people....

I'm leaving to go give blood... just like at the gas stations, I hope to find a long waiting line.

~Marisa
Old 09-11-2001, 06:05 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
<<both from US and abroad would do a thing like that except the suicide bombers of the ME (I hate to be this damn stereotypical).>>
Lwin,
I'm glad to say I've drank a beer with you and I forgive you for being stereotypical. With this type of action, rage ensues and our underlying personal belief system comes through.

<<Someone, probably us, is bombing the outskirts of Kabal, Afghanistan. Here we go again. God save us and all the people on this planet.>>
I have prayed more today than I think I have in the last decade. As someone who marched in college in protest against "Desert Storm" I think I have grown and understand better today than I did then. I feel that when we find out who did this, we can not let the thoughts of "respect for all" cloud our judgement. We need to eliminate the cause of this terrorism. "Cut off the head of the serpent and another one grows", means nothing to me. We cut the next one off BEFORE it blooms. We must go on the defensive to the end, not just to the political statement.

Sorry for my political ranting, I just can't remember an issue that actually made me cry.

I pray for all of us, those who suffered, are currently suffering, but mostly those of us who are yet to suffer... This is not the end of terrorism unless we make it the end!!!

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 09-11-2001, 06:08 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Judgement

Quote:
Originally posted by halistan
<<Most enlightened thinking for one of your age. There is hope for the world yet. >>

Joe,

Thanks for the kind words....i wish my words were from genuine wisdom, but they aren't. I was in Norman during the OKC bombing and after that when they started saying on the radio that they thought it was done by a middle east terrorist group. I saw how all the simple minded sheep that went to my school started treating all the middle east students. My friend Abrahm was nearly assalted by a mob in the cafeteria. I actually had to threaten to call OUPD to get the residents to back down (I was a resident advisor at the time). People are quick to judge, and even quicker to administer "justice" even when they don't know the facts, and this saddens me. This day has been tough on all of us and i hope that those directly affected by this find solace in thier loved ones and friends.

~Ray
So you have seen the bad side of the hate machine in action. Sobering, I'll bet.

There is a brilliant B&W movie called Bad Day at Black Rock, starring Spencer Tracey and Robert Ryan. Very sensitive treatment of the racial hatred issue as it applied in WW2.
We need to remember all these lessons learned in the hard times. If we forget history, we are condemned to relive our mistakes over and over again. Perhaps that is what Purgatory is really about.

Really pleased to be seeing good news on the site. We need to support the rescue people, the next few days will be no picnic. Hopefully it will not be as bad as we are dreading.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 09-11-2001, 07:03 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Judgement

Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist

So you have seen the bad side of the hate machine in action. Sobering, I'll bet.

There is a brilliant B&W movie called Bad Day at Black Rock, starring Spencer Tracey and Robert Ryan. Very sensitive treatment of the racial hatred issue as it applied in WW2.
We need to remember all these lessons learned in the hard times. If we forget history, we are condemned to relive our mistakes over and over again. Perhaps that is what Purgatory is really about.

Really pleased to be seeing good news on the site. We need to support the rescue people, the next few days will be no picnic. Hopefully it will not be as bad as we are dreading.

Joe
Joe, did you hear or see that of the 400 fire fighters that responded to the trade center 200 are suspected dead? Terrible loss, terrible.
Old 09-11-2001, 07:49 PM
sk8ing19

Lets all take a moment and pray for all that have lost thier lives, and thier family and friends. May god be with them all.
Old 09-11-2001, 08:33 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by mohrds
<<both from US and abroad would do a thing like that except the suicide bombers of the ME (I hate to be this damn stereotypical).>>
Lwin,
I'm glad to say I've drank a beer with you and I forgive you for being stereotypical. With this type of action, rage ensues and our underlying personal belief system comes through.

<<Someone, probably us, is bombing the outskirts of Kabal, Afghanistan. Here we go again. God save us and all the people on this planet.>>
I have prayed more today than I think I have in the last decade. As someone who marched in college in protest against "Desert Storm" I think I have grown and understand better today than I did then. I feel that when we find out who did this, we can not let the thoughts of "respect for all" cloud our judgement. We need to eliminate the cause of this terrorism. "Cut off the head of the serpent and another one grows", means nothing to me. We cut the next one off BEFORE it blooms. We must go on the defensive to the end, not just to the political statement.

Sorry for my political ranting, I just can't remember an issue that actually made me cry.

I pray for all of us, those who suffered, are currently suffering, but mostly those of us who are yet to suffer... This is not the end of terrorism unless we make it the end!!!

Doug
Doug, very well put. I think that those of us who believe in God and those who may be "on the fence" have felt the need to talk to Him today. I remained too stunned to cry today (except for getting misty at Joe's words and Tony Blair's speech). That ended when I saw the Congress, standing on the steps of the Capitol singing "God Bless America." The tears started streaming then.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 09-11-2001, 08:54 PM
Headed to Texas...

Glad to see the reports of loved ones being safe & sound.
Usually, I would be one of the first ones to be shaking the sword of retribution . . . that will come, but for now I have not yet heard from my DC friend.
Would appreciate any and all prayers, no matter what god you believe in.

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 09-11-2001, 09:00 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Doug, very well put. I think that those of us who believe in God and those who may be "on the fence" have felt the need to talk to Him today. I remained too stunned to cry today (except for getting misty at Joe's words and Tony Blair's speech). That ended when I saw the Congress, standing on the steps of the Capitol singing "God Bless America." The tears started streaming then.
We have witnessed two things that we haven't seen in a long time.
1.Unrehearsed spontaneity by members of congress. 2. Americans. Not democrats, republicans, conservatives or liberals. No... for one brief moment, we actually saw Americans. Perhaps we can extend this feeling to actually become the UNITED States again. Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 09-11-2001, 10:02 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mummert

We have witnessed two things that we haven't seen in a long time.
1.Unrehearsed spontaneity by members of congress. 2. Americans. Not democrats, republicans, conservatives or liberals. No... for one brief moment, we actually saw Americans. Perhaps we can extend this feeling to actually become the UNITED States again. Ron.
This is so true Ron!

I hate to be the a-hole on this topic but you all do know that this kind of thing (suicide bombing) happens on daily basis in Israel -- right? I am saddened by the lost of lives but America (not the Americans) has been bombing places like Iraq on daily basis and killing people too. I swear to god we all should just toss out all the bombs and guns and just live happily together.

There are other planets to explore and we have to spread the human race. We should not be killing each other!

God bless us all from the hands of fools and politicians and diplomats.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 09-11-2001, 10:08 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
<Would appreciate any and all prayers>

You got 'um Jerry.....Don
Old 09-12-2001, 12:58 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Judgement

Quote:
Originally posted by dromano
Joe, did you hear or see that of the 400 fire fighters that responded to the trade center 200 are suspected dead? Terrible loss, terrible.
I did, David

Brave guys, and brave cops lost too. You will find these good people managed to get most out of the first tower, and lost their lives doing it. I fear badly the second tower was hit too low and too hard. It collapsed without enough time to save the occupants.

Don, Jerry, Doug, Chris, everyone, If you did not have a God to pray to, you would find one watching this. But very likely the perpetrators did it for the glory of theirs. As humans we do not know enough about our own nature to say we know the face of God.
We will continue praying for all who have lost. That includes most of the Free World here.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 09-12-2001, 05:00 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Speaking of which, does anyone know how to get in touch with Garry Grimes (infamous "Dork in Legacy" from the first Reading Meet)? He worked in the Pentagon.
Randy,

Gary Grimes can usually be reached thru SCOA , Subaru Club of America.

Larry III
Old 09-12-2001, 07:21 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
Quote:
Originally posted by mohrds
[B"Cut off the head of the serpent and another one grows", means nothing to me. We cut the next one off BEFORE it blooms. We must go on the defensive to the end, not just to the political statement.

Sorry for my political ranting, I just can't remember an issue that actually made me cry.[/B]
Had the previous presidential administration not dismanted out intelligence in the CIA. We very well could've known a little about what was coming, Also---though no one can prove that he was behind it---had the arabic newspaper that spoke w/bin Ladin just three weeks ago, TOLD ANYONE what he had said, that something could've been done as well.
Old 09-12-2001, 07:23 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
They've just reported that 6 police and firemen have been found alive and rescued from the rubble.....We can only hope and pray that many more will be found and saved