Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2003, 09:45 PM
SVXdriver_007

VW Corrado pics

I didn't want to hijack Bwana's thread anymore...

I put some pics of my Buddies Corrado in my locker there is a Oic of it with the SVX but its dark so its not that great of a pic. Any way the car has alot of work done two it built engine, built supercharger, REALLY lowered. Its a show car so thats why the Rims are yellow (we joke with him that is been sponsored by McDonalds) and he has the neons. usually the car is garaged.
The Owner of the Car is the same guy who owns the A4 in the "legacy and a4" folder. Isn't it amazing what no kids and no mortgage will buy .
Old 07-12-2003, 11:32 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
the g60 supercharger is what im using in my SVX, it fits nicely where the AC goes Plus they are redily available at junkyards, rebuild kits are cheap.Moving the batt over to where the intake is/flipping the intake, an re arangin some other movalbe components(thanks to the tiny 5spd tranny too) will be a nice project. someone slap me now
phil
Old 07-13-2003, 12:26 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
I think corrados are incredible cars.... and unfortunately I think you just posted a picture of one of the ugliest corrados..wait... THE ugliest corrados I've ever seen. Blech. Red and yellow?! That looks like crap. And neons?! How ghetto.

Its a shame someone did that to that poor 'rado.

- Rob
Old 07-13-2003, 12:46 AM
SVXdriver_007

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
I think corrados are incredible cars.... and unfortunately I think you just posted a picture of one of the ugliest corrados..wait... THE ugliest corrados I've ever seen. Blech. Red and yellow?! That looks like crap. And neons?! How ghetto.

Its a shame someone did that to that poor 'rado.

- Rob

I will be sure to let Larry know how you feel about his car I'm sure he'll run out and torch it right now.... even though he wins at quite a few car shows and is sponsored by a local shop
Old 07-13-2003, 12:49 AM
SVXdriver_007

Quote:
Originally posted by Phast SVX
the g60 supercharger is what im using in my SVX, it fits nicely where the AC goes Plus they are redily available at junkyards, rebuild kits are cheap.Moving the batt over to where the intake is/flipping the intake, an re arangin some other movalbe components(thanks to the tiny 5spd tranny too) will be a nice project. someone slap me now
phil

I'd try and get a SC from a T-bird, they're smaller than the g60 and not as touchy. You could probably find one of those pretty easy as well.
Old 07-13-2003, 04:23 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
they are no where nearsimialar and no whre near the same size! The cetrifugal out of a g60 is way smaller and not a posotie displacement blower like the Superturd, but centrifugal(makes more bost as you go) blower. Thunderturd blowers anre huge and would require a new hood/HUGE hoodschoop
phil
Old 07-13-2003, 05:20 AM
Superbeast

The rest of the car looks good but , thoes rims gota go.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 07-13-2003, 11:23 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXdriver_007

I will be sure to let Larry know how you feel about his car I'm sure he'll run out and torch it right now.... even though he wins at quite a few car shows and is sponsored by a local shop
I've seen honda civics with supra spoilers get car show awards. That means nothing. Usually, the UGLIEST cars are the ones that are entered in car shows (with obnoxious body kits, lowered beyond comprehension, UGLY rims, tasteless interior mods), and the most beautiful cars are the ones that are taken to the track regularly (simple...clean.... modded with a purpose....).

- Rob
Old 07-13-2003, 11:10 PM
SVXdriver_007

Quote:

I've seen honda civics with supra spoilers get car show awards. That means nothing. Usually, the UGLIEST cars are the ones that are entered in car shows (with obnoxious body kits, lowered beyond comprehension, UGLY rims, tasteless interior mods), and the most beautiful cars are the ones that are taken to the track regularly (simple...clean.... modded with a purpose....).

- Rob

riiiight well this ones purpose is for winning shows.
Old 07-13-2003, 11:18 PM
SVXdriver_007

Quote:
Originally posted by Phast SVX
they are no where nearsimialar and no whre near the same size! The cetrifugal out of a g60 is way smaller and not a posotie displacement blower like the Superturd, but centrifugal(makes more bost as you go) blower. Thunderturd blowers anre huge and would require a new hood/HUGE hoodschoop
phil
The blower from the last generation t-bird (not the retro) isn't bigger than the Corrados. I've seen them side by side. It was just a suggestion though.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:35 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXdriver_007

riiiight well this ones purpose is for winning shows.
Or driving around Ronald McDonald.

Like I said, I've been to import car shows. What an 'import car show' judge deems 'cool' and gives a trophy for, I'd be laughing and pointing at.

Cars that are made to be trailer queens suck enough, but the fact that IMPORT trailer queens are so UGLY. Blech.

I'm sure I could dig around on the net and find PLENTY of ugly cars that have car show trophies.....

- Rob
Old 07-14-2003, 06:08 PM
Superbeast

Driving Ronald McDonald, Ha HA Ha.

Anyway I think your confused about the superchargers, a G-ladder should look nothing like an T-bird roots blower.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 07-15-2003, 09:06 PM
SVXdriver_007

Quote:
Originally posted by Subafreak
Driving Ronald McDonald, Ha HA Ha.

Anyway I think your confused about the superchargers, a G-ladder should look nothing like an T-bird roots blower.

I'll admit I'm by no means a SC pro so you and Phil could easily be right. but about 8 months ago this cat had a Sc from a t-bird and we were comapring it to the g ladder over all it seamed smaller and his words were "you could feed that damn thing nails and it would be ok."
Old 07-15-2003, 09:10 PM
SVXdriver_007

Quote:

Or driving around Ronald McDonald.

Like I said, I've been to import car shows. What an 'import car show' judge deems 'cool' and gives a trophy for, I'd be laughing and pointing at.

Cars that are made to be trailer queens suck enough, but the fact that IMPORT trailer queens are so UGLY. Blech.

I'm sure I could dig around on the net and find PLENTY of ugly cars that have car show trophies.....

- Rob
I'll agree on the wheels I was making the Mcdonalds jokes for a while now othterwise though I think the car is damn nice. I'll say if the car was mine I'd lose the racing seets, the wheels and the neons. well maybe not lose the neons just never turn them on.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:55 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

So basically what you're saying is that it's a great car, except the mods he did to it suck.

EXACTLY!.

I love corrados, but that one sucks. :|

- Rob

PS: Give me a Forest Green Corrado SLC anyday man. Tan leather interior! HELL YEAH! I almost bought one. Too bad it was thrashed.