Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2003, 10:12 PM
Hater

Attached Images
File Type: jpg think-hindenburg.jpg (27.2 KB, 114 views)

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 07-11-2003, 11:58 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SVXdriver_007

the music match? scrap that $hit and just use windows media player 9. or borrow trevors MAC and go back to playing tapes
What is it with my Mac ? Do you think it is a dirty rain coat ? It has a sort of drawer thing for putting discy things in but where do I stick in a tape ? Please do not tell me to put them some where up behind me or I may reciprocate and tell you where to put yours !

*<)

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 07-12-2003, 04:02 AM
SVXdriver_007

Quote:
Originally posted by Trevor

What is it with my Mac ? Do you think it is a dirty rain coat ? It has a sort of drawer thing for putting discy things in but where do I stick in a tape ? Please do not tell me to put them some where up behind me or I may reciprocate and tell you where to put yours !

*<)
lol dirty raincoat.

nevermind Trevor it was a joke about the little robot called MAC, it had a little tape player and helped little kids learn to spell and such. and the discy thing is a cup holder
Old 07-12-2003, 06:43 AM
RRX

Im a mac user and after doing computer/broadband internet tech support for both platforms, I cant stand windows even more with all the problems it has. Everything is just more painful to do, from installing drivers, to configuring network settings. Plus im an artist and Macs are a much better platform for what I do.
Old 07-12-2003, 10:57 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Quote:
Originally posted by DavieGravy

With a Mac, I can't do the following:

1. Interface my satellite receiver to a Mac for testing.
Oh yeah you're right... ... .. how many people do this? If Windows has 90% of the market, this MUST be the reason.

Quote:
2. Use remote desktop without the need for spending additional money on additional software.
http://www.apple.com/remotedesktop/ True, you have to buy it. But macs come with a lot of programs that you'd have to buy with a PC, IF you could even buy them (iMovie, iTunes, iPhoto, iDvd, etc). Actually, I don't even know of any better video editing tool than a mac.

Quote:
3. Run my ISO programmer on a Mac to write to my satellite card.
Okay... I believe you're talking about making illegal cards for your satellite TV.... I don't see how this pertains to why a PC is better than a mac considering I don't know ANYBODY who does this.

Quote:
4. Easily download DIVX/XVID movies, rare music, software, or anything else via P2P.
That's simply not true at all. Mac users have a bunch of P2P software to choose from. Just go do search. There's a mac Kazaa equivalent, limewire, etc etc. It's quite obvious you don't know what you're talking about on this one.

Quote:
5. Watch DIVX/XVID movies.
http://www.macdivx.com/ Again, you are wrong. One of my friends, who used to be a PC fanatic bought a G4 tower last year because it had a DVD player... he started using his PC less and less, and eventually it broke, so he threw it in a corner. Now he just uses his mac for all his Divx, mpgs, etc. He's a huge anime freak so he's constantly downloading divx and dvds and burning them to DVD format. He also is a programmer, and he switches over to unix to do all his programming.

Quote:
6. Easily upgrade a Mac or find compatible hardware for it.
What are you talking about? Ever seen a G3, or G4, or new G5 tower? You twist a knob and it opens right up. And hardware compatibility? With such limited systems, it's EXTREMELY easy to find compatible hardware for a mac.

Quote:
Macs are simply impractical for some users such as myself. There's lots you can do on a PC that you can't do on a Mac, but there's not much you can do on a Mac that you can't do on a PC. Plain and simple.
When you say, 'people such as yourself', I'm assumin you mean 'people who want to illegally cheat satellite TV and get free movie channels without paying for them', since that's pretty much the ONLY point you've just made.

And you're wrong again. Final Cut Pro. Heard of it? Yeah. What's the PC equivilent? Or iMovie? Or iDVD? Yeah, thought so.

- Rob

PS: MAC= network address... Mac= apple computer.
Old 07-12-2003, 02:19 PM
RRX

Well spoken. These guys obviously haven't used a mac in a least 10 years.
Old 07-12-2003, 05:46 PM
SVXdriver_007

you know the funny thing about people is that we seem to make our own choices based on our own likes or dislikes. really...what a screwed up race we are
Old 07-12-2003, 07:11 PM
Superbeast

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXdriver_007

the music match? scrap that $hit and just use windows media player 9. or borrow trevors MAC and go back to playing tapes

Were the hell is windows media player 9? How do I upload this damn MSN 8 thing?!!!.

THe thing I hate about computers is when they won't budge , a BFH and prypar do little to fix the problem.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 07-13-2003, 12:21 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:

I highly doubt that these programs are that great given the shortage of Mac users. P2P must have lots of users to offer good selection.

quote:
Well considering it taps into the exact same servers, it has just as large of a 'pool' as the PC users have.... so yeah, again, you don't know what you're talking about.

Quote:
Wrong. Cakewalk, Cubse, Sonar, Logic, Pro Audio all major audio programs and all can be run on the PC.
Wrong!?!? How am I wrong.... I said PCs have Acid pro...but other than Macs have all the main audio apps. I never said PCs didnt have these apps, what I was getting it is the ONLY audio program (thats worth anything) that PCs have that macs DONT is Acid pro. The rest are on both platforms, or mac only.

Quote:
My former roomate's G3 experienced more hardware failure than the crappy HP that I used to have, which I bought it for 500 bucks. The G3 was purchased for over $2500. In addition, the most common words out of my roomate's mouth while he was using his Mac were "God da#nit, my computer won't wake up from sleep mode/my computer keeps freezing."
Riddle me this batman.... how many 'old' pcs do you see still being used? hardly any. Macs? Lots. Reason? They work well, and they're stable. Your roomate probably never updated his firmware.... my iMac had a sleep problem once... I went to apple.com, searched for it, and found out I needed a firmware patch. Problem solved.

Quote:
You got it. And the reason I brought this up is becuase you said Macs are the best choice for both professionals and consumers. I offerred an example of how this isn't true. based on what I've just told you, would you consider a Mac to be best for me? I'm sure there's many other examples besides this. And yes, lots of people do this.
Okay.... how many people in this forum do this? Please speak up now.... riiiigggghhhhttt. So we have one person out of 1500... great. Obviously the PC is a superior product. >rolls eyes< Video editing: Better on a mac. Period. Ease of burning DVDs: Macs.

Quote:
Yes I have seem those types of cases. While I'll admint that they're very well designed, they still don't solve the issues of compatibilty. For example, we tried to find a simple after market DVD player for my roomates G3 and couldn't get one to work. Yes, you can easily install things but find drivers for them? No.
Uh... wtf. Either you or your 'roomie' are complete idiots. You obviously can't just throw in a "ford" transmission into your SVX and expect it to work can you? If either of you had half a brain all you would have had to do was go to someplace like www.xlr8yourmac.com and search for what drive to get..... a LOT of DVD drives work FINE in a mac, but you can't just walk into a CompUSA and purchase any old drive.... that's just plain stupid.

Anyway, I talked to my dorky ex-PC now OSX/Mac/Programmer friend. He said you can do remote desktop on a mac without paying a penny by using some TCM or DCM program. I don't know because I have no use for it, but yeah you were completely wrong again. ITS FREE.
Also, there's an even better Divx player, called Mplayer out there for OSX. So yeah, you're wrong again.

So...lets see here..... Macs... have everything that PCs have.... better cases.... better software.... better for video editing.... the choice of most creative professionals..... but can't illegally hook up to satellite TV to get screw cable companies so you can get 'skin-o-max'. GEe. Ya sure got me.

- Rob
Old 07-13-2003, 12:28 AM
SVXdriver_007

you guys are taking this way to seriously, if you don't learn to relax I'm afraid I see a ulcer in your future.
Old 07-13-2003, 12:34 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

I'm not being super serious, I just don't like it when people spread manure (BS!) anywhere except fields. Davie is wrong about basically everything he has said, plain and simple. I'm just correcting him, and bringing out the truth.

- Rob
Old 07-13-2003, 11:19 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
yet not backed a damn thing up with evidence.
The sad thing is that people like you will never know the beauty of a self-built PC, with top of the line hardware running windows XP.

And for the record, I'd also like to mention that the G3 had dual 800 MHz processors and was slower than a Neon.
I could go through point by point and prove you completely wrong, YET AGAIN, if you'd wish me to do so..... but I'll just let you request that if you want me to do so.

Anyway, I have experienced the 'beauty' of top of the line PCs running XP... at my last job I had to build all the PCs, install all the software, set up a wireless lan, and configure everything. They worked okay. Much better than Win 2000. I used to say the only good windows OS was NT, but XP (which as you must know) is based on NT, so its pretty stable. HOWEVER, it is still windows. It is still 'glitchy'. It has issues of setting things up, getting drivers to work, etc etc etc. OSX is a far superior OS in every way. Period.

And.... just to show who knows what they're talking about here, and prove you wrong one more time, Apple never produced a dual 800mhz G3 computer... in fact, they NEVER made a dual G3 machine. So yeah, you don't know what you're talking about.

Wait. Let me rephrase that:

I know what I'm talking about, you do not.

OWNED.

- Rob
Old 07-13-2003, 11:21 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:

Chicane proved me wrong so I'm mad at him
Yep. You annoyed me, because you're just like most 'typical' PC users... they DONT KNOW ANYTHING about macs, and they pretend they do. They spread misinformation (macs can't do remote desktop or DIVX), they make stuff up (dual 800mhz G3s?!), and they're basically completely ignorant.

I don't just sit around when that happens. I spread truth.

- Rob
Old 07-13-2003, 12:09 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

No, what you said was that on a mac, you couldn't do remote desktop without paying for something. You were wrong. You also said macs lack P2P file sharing programs. You were wrong. You also said they can't play Divx. You were wrong. Then you said it was hard to find hardware for macs. You were wrong. I have provided links or names in programs in all of my retorts, so I did provide 'evidence'.

And yes, I'm encouraging you to 'go into great detail' and prove me wrong, because I don't think you can.

- Rob

PS: According to most PC people, I have the most unupgradeable computer ever: The original imac. Yet somehow, I now have the most modified fastest 1st gen iMac on earth. I have a new CPU, a new graphics card, 768 megs of ram, a new 2d card, 120 gig 7200rpm hard drive, a new firewire port, and when I flip a switch the whole rear end of my imac lights up like a firefly. Only bright green. And this is with an iMac. Towers are a lot easier to upgrade.
Old 07-13-2003, 01:01 PM
RRX

Quote:

No offense man but I've used a Mac in the last 10 years and absolutely hated it. Everthings so much more difficult. A lot of PC users feel this way.
I agree..most pc users feel this way because they aren't used to a MAC. I feel the same about the PC.. Since I use both platforms everday I feel you can accomplish stuff much easier on the MAC. And Macs seem to be better quality then PCs. The OS is much more stable and have less problems. Thats why the hold there value better than PC's. Just now pc's are strarting to come stardard with firewire when macs came stardard years ago... Most people use a PC because its better suited for what they do at work...But i think the majority dont realize how effective and efficient macs are because they have never used one. Just my opinion..

Last edited by RRX; 07-13-2003 at 01:22 PM.