Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-21-2003, 09:38 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Shoulda brought the Justy...

Sometimes you just bring the wrong car, you know? I decided to bring the SVX to work today since it's so nice out. On the way I decided that I've put up with the crappy chair the company gave me for too long. I stopped at Office Max and bought a charcoal escaine-covered chair. I'm not kidding. And I didn't necessarily buy it because it was covered in escaine - it was actually the most comfortable one they had. I wanted leather, but all the leather chairs were really uncomfortable.

Anyway, they handed me the giant box and I staggered out to the car with it. This was the first clue that I brought the wrong car. I don't care where I park the Justy. Well, that's not entirely true, but I won't park it at the other end of the lot.

My second clue was that the box wouldn't fit in any opening of the car. Come to think of it, though, I didn't actually try the hood.

I had to cut the box apart and stack the pieces in the trunk. It's actually still out there, in the car, because I wrestled with it for so long that I was a little late. I'll go get it and put it together during lunch.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 06-21-2003, 04:26 PM
Superbeast

I made the same mistake the time my wife bought one of thoes little workout trampoleins. Got it out to the car and said where the hell am I gona put this? It wouldn't even fit the trunk opening. I had to take it out of the box and slide it up onto the rear self and put the other end on the headrests of the front seats. Wrong car, wrong time.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 06-21-2003, 04:47 PM

Registered SVX
Heh...if it had been anything but a trampoline, that story wouldn't be funny.

Now I remember fitting my mom, brother and a microwave oven in the box in the SVX. Tight squeeze.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 06-21-2003, 08:54 PM
greg

I should have never bought the justy!

Speaking of taking the justy, I won one off ebay a sweet one too in near perfect condition and only 47,000 miles, suposedly. Well it ran okay after i finally wen through all the ordeal of getting it, remind me never to buy another car off ebay. Well I drove it for a few days, it was neat ECVT and all the justy fix'ins... going over the lake on a bridge there she went up in flames and liability insurace only with no explaination and no reason that I can think of... What a disaster $2,000.00 down the drain. MY PERSONAL RECOMENDATION: NEVER DRIVE A JUSTY, but thats just me. I have not lost faith in Subaru yet, just one bad egg out of the dozen I have had is not too bad.
Old 06-23-2003, 09:31 AM
I'm just sayin'..........

speaking of having the wrong car at the wrong time....Target (pronounced Targe' - you know like the ge' in protoge') had a sale on mountain bikes last week. Just my luck my local Targe' didn't have two in stock (needed one for my other half). So I call the one in Reading and sure enough they have two of them. I told them what type of car I had (the Loyale) and asked if they would fit. I was sure that I couldn't get them in it, but everyone said that they would fit. Long story short I pay for the them and get them out to my car and there is no way these will fit...hour and a half later I'm fuming (at myself for being so stupid) and end up having to buy a carrier that I didn't anticipate buying at the time. Gotta get a wagon.......or a new brain because I don't have a clue where my mind was when I got this great idea.....

'95 Laguna Blue Pearl SVX L AWD
'18 Kia Stinger GT Twin Turbo - Sunset Yellow
Old 06-23-2003, 10:36 AM

Registered SVX
You bought bikes at Target, huh?

Well, I will say that department store bikes are slightly better than they were ten years ago. But they're still trash.

Please be careful with those bikes. They're put together by the same person who assembles your grill - the one that needs all the bolts tightened when you get it home. And then the problem is that you can't take those bikes to a competent mechanic sometimes because some shops won't work on department store bikes. I can't say I blame them.

The saddest thing for me is that Target now sells Schwinn. Schwinn was a great brand - I have two Schwinn off-road frames. But they went under, again, and now they're in Target. Don't be fooled - they're not the same bikes.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 06-23-2003, 07:48 PM
I'm just sayin'..........

I wasn't big on department store bikes either, but for $100 each, it's not bad. The guy said that they contract out the assy of the bikes. So far these are alright, but no more than we'll probably ride them, they should suit our needs.....been too rainy to ride them here anyway....lol

'95 Laguna Blue Pearl SVX L AWD
'18 Kia Stinger GT Twin Turbo - Sunset Yellow
Old 06-23-2003, 09:18 PM
Headed to Texas...

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
You bought bikes at Target, huh?

Well, I will say that department store bikes are slightly better than they were ten years ago. But they're still trash.

Please be careful with those bikes. They're put together by the same person who assembles your grill - the one that needs all the bolts tightened when you get it home. And then the problem is that you can't take those bikes to a competent mechanic sometimes because some shops won't work on department store bikes. I can't say I blame them.

The saddest thing for me is that Target now sells Schwinn. Schwinn was a great brand - I have two Schwinn off-road frames. But they went under, again, and now they're in Target. Don't be fooled - they're not the same bikes.
All true...but OCCASIONALLY there is an exception...

I was a "roadie" at one time, always wondering if mountain bikes were half the fun everyone said. So I was walking thru Value City and saw this Peugeot MTB hangin from the ceiling, the only bike there with a quick-release front hub! Goddd...laughing now but you know I bought some real tires for the thing, some SPD pedals, a couple of water bottle bottle cages...I actually had to steal a heavy steel seat post off an old junk exercycle because the one that came with the bike was WAY too short....I had more money in the tires and pedals than the entire bike
You know what? that bike was an absolute BLAST to ride. Took that thing everywhere, beat the crap out of it and it never quit. I have a $900 Trek now that's light years better, but DANG that Peugeot had CHARACTER....

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 06-27-2003, 12:23 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Justy

Hi Nick, I went to pick up some big Cerwin-Vega home speakers in my Justy. No go. I had to make two trips to get the speakers home. However, the SVX and the Loyale would not have done that good. Hope you made it, BOBB
Old 06-27-2003, 03:12 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by svxxx26

All true...but OCCASIONALLY there is an exception...

I was a "roadie" at one time, always wondering if mountain bikes were half the fun everyone said. So I was walking thru Value City and saw this Peugeot MTB hangin from the ceiling, the only bike there with a quick-release front hub! Goddd...laughing now but you know I bought some real tires for the thing, some SPD pedals, a couple of water bottle bottle cages...I actually had to steal a heavy steel seat post off an old junk exercycle because the one that came with the bike was WAY too short....I had more money in the tires and pedals than the entire bike
You know what? that bike was an absolute BLAST to ride. Took that thing everywhere, beat the crap out of it and it never quit. I have a $900 Trek now that's light years better, but DANG that Peugeot had CHARACTER....
I know what you mean. I have two very nice aluminum bikes - a Schwinn off-road bike and a Trek road bike. But I also have a steel Miyata road bike that I built up out of spare parts. It's got nice lugs to it and everything. I love that bike because it's just so different. The aluminum bikes are so stiff, but the Miyata flexes so much that I can see the bottom bracket shell sway back and forth on a standing climb.

I'm glad your Trek serves you well. Two of my friends have spent a lot of money on Trek mountain bikes and they have not faired well. I repair them on the trails almost constantly. It's a shame, because I used to consider Trek worthy of recommendation. Now it seems that you have to spend so much money on one of their bikes for it to be even trailworthy. A $700 bike that falls apart on the trail? Come on!

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 06-27-2003, 05:15 PM
Porter

Well, you can't expect TOO much from a Justy... it IS a Suzuki after all.
Old 06-27-2003, 05:45 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Porter
Well, you can't expect TOO much from a Justy... it IS a Suzuki after all.
The current-gen Justys (sold in other countries) are Suzukis - but are the previous two generation Justys (sold in the US) also? I don't think they are.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 06-28-2003, 10:53 AM
Headed to Texas...

Quote:

I know what you mean. I have two very nice aluminum bikes - a Schwinn off-road bike and a Trek road bike. But I also have a steel Miyata road bike that I built up out of spare parts. It's got nice lugs to it and everything. I love that bike because it's just so different. The aluminum bikes are so stiff, but the Miyata flexes so much that I can see the bottom bracket shell sway back and forth on a standing climb.

I'm glad your Trek serves you well. Two of my friends have spent a lot of money on Trek mountain bikes and they have not faired well. I repair them on the trails almost constantly. It's a shame, because I used to consider Trek worthy of recommendation. Now it seems that you have to spend so much money on one of their bikes for it to be even trailworthy. A $700 bike that falls apart on the trail? Come on!
Yeah the Trek has been pretty good, course I stick to the fire roads and rail trails - not much for singletrack "technical" (read SCARY) trails. Somehow when I'm looking down a 45+ degree mountainside, my brain keeps screaming STOP THIS WILL HURT YOU

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 06-28-2003, 05:49 PM
Porter

Quote:

The current-gen Justys (sold in other countries) are Suzukis - but are the previous two generation Justys (sold in the US) also? I don't think they are.
It was a chassis sharing project with Suzuki from the beginning... the 3 cylinder engine is a Suzuki product, the CVT tranny is a Subaru design.