Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-22-2003, 04:48 PM

SuperRuu, I'm so envious of you, I'm number 3 on the waiting list and have my deposit down on it, but I've never seen it (except in pictures) let alone touch and feel it. Once I get my hands on this baby my wife won't be seeing much of my for awhile, it's going to take a crowbar or threats of being cut off from the fun parts of marriage to get me out of the sti and back in the house. The more I read and see about this beast the more I want to get my ass behind the wheel and just drive and drive and .... well you get the drift.
Old 01-22-2003, 04:52 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by laserx
SuperRuu, I'm so envious of you, I'm number 3 on the waiting list and have my deposit down on it, but I've never seen it (except in pictures) let alone touch and feel it. Once I get my hands on this baby my wife won't be seeing much of my for awhile, it's going to take a crowbar or threats of being cut off from the fun parts of marriage to get me out of the sti and back in the house. The more I read and see about this beast the more I want to get my ass behind the wheel and just drive and drive and .... well you get the drift.
yer a lucky guy. the wife's WRX is a huge ****eload o' fun to drive - i can't imagine what the STi will be like.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 01-23-2003, 12:35 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
New Autoweek

On page 4 it says the following:

"At least we had the weekend." That's what the Mitsubishi folks had to say when, just days after unveiling their 271-hp Lancer Evolution rally car in Los Angeles, Subaru trumped its competition with the North American version of the WRX STi at the Detroit show. The STi comes packing 300hp and 300 lb-ft (vs. 273 lb-ft for the Evo). While the STi was no surprise, the power coming from Subaru's 2.5 liter turbocharged flat four sure was. The machine comes with a six-speed tranny, all wheel drive with adjustable differential, Brembo disc brakes, MOMO steering wheel and BBS wheels. STi goes on sale in May for about $35,000 at a rate of - you guessed it - 300 per month."

Lots of interesting photos of the show....Bob Lutz showing off the Pontiac (Holden) GTO, the Pontiac G6, the magnificant Caddy 16....but the thing that really caught my attention was on page 23. The Chevrolet SS Concept. A very nice piece indeed! (the front looks to me like a fatter S2000 Honda and a taste of the old Camaro). Now if GM will get off their butts and MAKE some of these cars....like the Solstice....instead of just showing everyone cool show cars....maybe GM can turn the corner. If the SS Concept were to replace the Impala....they couldn't MAKE them fast enough. Check out the picture of it and tell me what you think folks..... Don

Only the rear photo is available on this site. The front is very nice.
Lots of cool cars!

http://64.78.33.95/cro/2003detroit/snapshot/index.htm
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"

Last edited by SVXphile; 01-23-2003 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-23-2003, 12:52 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SuperRuu
i just touched an STI.
at the auto expo! ahhh so nice!!!!!
6 speed feels so mechanical!khadsfakdj
the intake manifold, ah!.. turbo>!!! uhhh
ahhhh ya!! no stereo... big hood scoop.
huge spoiler, ligtened glass.!!! it's all car
not wussy power this power that.
my heated nipple warmers... or my electronic
lipstick holding mirror deal. ahhhahah it's a car baby@!
real mean car.. bucket racing seats.
300HP!!! 300 TQ... 6 speed brembo brakes 17" wheels.
left side driver orgasm on wheels.
ahh! akdsjf lkjf
I saw the same car...
and I wish that Subaru wouldn't rice up things (yes, I know it's a Japanese Company!).

The spoiler reminded me of the old roadrunner Plymouth....? I know some of you love it.... that's ok. I just wish that Subaru would come back to our market... The new 2004 SVX !!! Same styling, limited production and style!...

92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .