Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2002, 01:39 AM
92_SVX_LSL

heated seats?

in the fuse panel under the hood ther is a place for a fuse for heated seats, is that possible to put those in. cause i have never heard of an SVX with heated seats. cause i live in Alaska so i would like to know about the heated seat thing cause i don't like sitting on leather seats in -40 weather. seat cover's i won't do either, they are ugly.
Old 03-22-2002, 04:12 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
92_SVX_L,

The European model SVXes have heated seats. I think the Asian models have them to, but I am not sure. The North American models DO NOT have them. If I remember correctly, one of our members investigated this. I think he found the correct wires in the under seat harness but I don't know if he found the heater elements in the seats.
Look in the message archives. Good Luck.

Larry III
Old 03-22-2002, 04:49 AM
0260N4

I posted almost the exact same question here a few months ago and was given the same answer. However the upside is that you can ahve them installed. There is a company that doesnt it and has many dealers nationwide. I dont remember the name offhand but do a search for heated seats and you will find my post. The cost was about $300 per seat and it was apparently a fairly quick install. Ahh I didnt notice you were in Palmer, I think it was Safe and Sound here in town that was doing the install. We ought to get together and talk SVX. Send me a PM.

0260N4
Old 03-22-2002, 07:32 AM

heating seats

my svx '92 is a european one.
both front seats are heated.
it works pretty good.
Old 03-22-2002, 08:22 AM
Green1995SVX

CDN svx's have heated seats. I called a dealer in Ontario... all the parts are available thru them, and they will ship. PM me for the dealer info.

-Mike

PS- JDM svx's did NOT have heated seats.
Old 12-26-2002, 02:56 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Ok... i was wondering about this... but then why in my 96 LSi manual is there info on the buttons(not like the ones in the picture) ? it says Heated seats (if equipped) and it has a picture of them on the black bar of buttons right under the dash. It's right where the rear window defogger switch is... has anyone done the $300 conversion?? and if so, what do you think about it? thanks for any info

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 12-26-2002, 03:19 PM
Green1995SVX

It's shown in there because US and Canadian SVX's share the same owners manual. In the 92-95 SVX, the switches are located int he coin holder area to the right of the steering wheel. in the 96-97, the switches are apperently in those black bar areas because the ODBII Diagnostic Connector is in the coin-holder location.

Mike
Old 12-26-2002, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Here is the thread on non-factory heated seats. http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ht=heated+seat

In my post there is a photo of the factory heated switch assembly for the 92 SVX. I was going to use the aftermarket system and wire it up to the factory switch.

The aftermarket system is a two position high/low temperature. The factory system is one position, but thermostatically controlled.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 12-26-2002, 08:58 PM
Ticallion

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
[B]CDN svx's have heated seats. I called a dealer in Ontario... all the parts are available thru them, and they will ship. PM me for the dealer info.

-Mike
I don't believe that this is accurate. I have a Canadian spec SVX and it has no heated seats. It's the LS-L model
Old 12-28-2002, 08:33 AM
Hater

an ugly (but cheaper) alternative -
get one of those "massage cushions" with heat. i bought one for my wife a while back - it has different massage functions and, unlike a factory seat heater, would heat all the way up your back (not just your arse ). it has a 120V plug for home, and a 12V adapter for a car cigarette lighter.
we never used it in a car, but might be a cheap ($40-60) way to stay warm if you don't mind the looks of that thing on your seat.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 12-30-2002, 08:22 PM
Canadian eh!

Hi everyone,

The canadian spec SVX came standard with heated seats on 94 1/2 and later models....

To my knowledge, the only changes on 94 1/2 models are:

- Passenger side airbag
- 50/50 split rear seat
- No more automatic seatbelts
- And heated front seats...
(with the switches mounted in liew of the coin tray)

Joe 90