Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Transmission and Drivetrain
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2013, 06:11 PM

How I set up my "Power Mod"

Hate drilling holes in my SVX interior...like to keep as stock as possible. So.....this is how I set up my "Power Mod". Didn't like the "stuffed in wire in the A4 hole" so took a piece of stiff 2mm solid wire I had and hammered down the end flat (2 lb sledge and anvil surface of my vice), shaped it a bit with a file and found it would insert and make contact on the TCU connector and stay rather firmly fixed..it takes a pretty good yank to pull it out.

I left my stiff wire 3" long..may want to cut shorter, solder wire to end and use heat shrink/tape to cover (since this is a ground wire not really worried about insulating it).

My switch location is between the plastic trim piece just above the carpet and below the side of the center console, next to the driver's rt. leg. This piece is held on by a couple plastic pins and a tab at the aft end. Carefully pull off.. I loosened enough to expose the philips head screw just posterior to the aft plastc pin. This screw is my ground site for the switch, it goes into the console metal frame.

Used single pole toggle switch( with fairly long plastic toggle, not the short metal kind), connected wire from A4 TCU connector to one pole, ground wire from the aforementioned phillips head screw to other pole. Tuck wires behind trim cover, and inserted toggle switch between carpet/plastic trim piece so it it snug, toggle aiming down. The carpet has enough give that the plastic trim piece is not distorted by the switch body. I can activate the toggle w/o the switch being loose at all, easy access to my right hand, and no holes drilled in dash.

Last edited by fasteract7; 06-12-2017 at 06:00 AM.