SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 05-22-2012, 02:51 PM
Very Terrific Driver

Registered SVX
4EAT shiftmaps

So after 8000 km since march, I have the following thoughts on shiftmaps:

I have three maps. Normal and Economy are semi-permanent and controlled by a switch on the stick. Power is engaged via quick kickdown. Before you go on about the power mod, rest assured that the relevant connector is already spent on the economy and Phil is needed to mod the TCU in order to have semi-permanent power mode.

On the straights, all maps are fine and work well. However, POWER doesn't always shift down.

Uphill in the bends, however, is a different story. The Normal map provides fun in the lower RPMs but POWER is just useless. It might be that 2nd gear is so long (I have a VTD box) that it just won't make a difference. I accept that the TCU won't shift down to 1st while I'm doing 40 km/h. However, it's the combination of the ECONOMY map and stick in 3 that makes most sense. In this combo, the car is very eager to rev and rev FAST. As a matter of fact, I get a much more potent car when I floor it in this combo than with POWER.

Did anyone except Phil analyse the maps and their behaviour that can explain the more sporty ECONOMY locked to third max? And please pitch in Phil
I'm ready to f...