How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2009, 01:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to redlinedeath Send a message via Yahoo to redlinedeath
Back for the attack(working on the subie again, lame sob story)

so i havnt been posting much on here, more lurking and drooling... ive had my svx for a couple of years now, sitting on jackstands in my moms garage.

to retell the story, i had purchased a jdm 94 wrx front clip soley for the 5spd conversion. i traded my brother some money and a broken 92 jetta for the svx with a blown auto that rolled back and forth in park. i was in contact with tom for the needed accesories for the conversion, was making ok money when i bought the clip and everything.. i had high hopes for the little subie that could(nt) then disaster struck. my company went out of business, and got stuck working at my old crappy job detailing. a friend had borrowed me the 1500 i needed for the clip and shipping, so i was paying him 400 a month. well, things got worse, and then i could only pay him 100 a month. then he clip got here. after some issues with the epa, finally they were ready to release it (the epa wouldnt let it go) then something hit me. something big slipped my mind. customs fees. it was about 220 for the fees. i couldnt get money anywhere, i was working nearly 15 hours a week, and couldnt find anything better. then i get a letter in the mail. US customs confiscated the clip... AND AUCTIONED IT OFF! i found out via an invoice. it said they sold it for 38 dollars plus a few fees...

this was a HUGE blow to my wallet, my determination, and pretty much any drive to work on the car.

Fast forward a little over one year, and im in a better place. Decent job, school (AutoCAD/playing with solid works when i get it working), and daydreams and determination for the subie comeing out the wazoo. Along with a nerdy car "club" with two friends, and some business ideas. i owe my friend that borrowed me the money 200 dollars, so 2 more paychecks of paying him, and i can start buying things again.

Car is still at my moms house, and im trying to find somewhere to move it to so i can start working on it again. Really, i just wanna apologize to tom for promises i made, and time i wasted of his, he was super helpfull with all my questions, along with countless others on the forums with my nagging technical(relitively speaking) questions. I love the forum, and all the members and give three(yes three!) thumbs up.

Im a jackass, and spent 1500 dollars on an invoice i threw out 3 days ago to move forward and stop dwelling on my mistakes. so i look forward to spending some quality wrench time with the subaru!
Old 09-27-2009, 12:21 AM

Re: Back for the attack(working on the subie again, lame sob story)

Hey, glad to hear things are getting back on track for you, and it's also nice to know that I'm not the only broke idiot who dreams of an SVX of his own. (no offense)

Can't wait to see the progress you make! Be sure to take lots of pictures, that's the one thing this forum lacks is good pictures.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to redlinedeath Send a message via Yahoo to redlinedeath
Re: Back for the attack(working on the subie again, lame sob story)

thank you and none taken!

my biggest problem im facing is still trying to find a roomy place to keep the car that i can work on. no suck luck i need to get it out of my moms garage asap. its killing me!

ill definately take pics once work starts just to document everything at least!