How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 02-05-2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo View Post
[hijack]^^ know anyone who wants to buy a 92 Acura Integra GS? I got one sitting in my backyard with a blow head gasket.[/hijack]
But I'd read the Mod mania forum here and consult the gurus. keep us informed on what you decide to do. Also If possible fine a SVX with a blow Transmissions ^^ as that wont be as missed as a road worthy one. Honestly check junkyards some might have a whole one that was in a wreck or something with engine and other components you want
You guy's can be certain.. And I'll even promise..

I won't be getting a "nice" SVX.. I just want as complete of a vehicle as I can get.. A blown tranny or even head gasket is 100% ok with me.. I don't want a wrecked body tho, cause know i'm thinking bout a 350 into the shell Can't let my wife know thats on my mind tho, lol.. I think I got three completes motors layin around somewhere
But as I said before, I don't plan on payin much more then 1400 the SVX, so I wouldn't mind one that was drove hard and put away wet if you know what i mean..

Jade
Old 02-05-2008, 09:08 AM

As far as the Ac GS goes, right of hand no, I don't.. What r you looking to get out of it?. I'm orginally from Va. Beach, we got a shop down in moyock, I might know someone iterested.. Hows the body?
Old 02-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiftToCarz View Post
As far as the Ac GS goes, right of hand no, I don't.. What r you looking to get out of it?. I'm orginally from Va. Beach, we got a shop down in moyock, I might know someone iterested.. Hows the body?
Body is o.k but there is a rust spot on the rear wheel fender. If you might know someone who is interested PM me ^^ I can get pics. I don't what to ask for it as I know People like to turn these cars in to "Z0MG 1MP0RT F/-\NTASY" but If you'd Pm'd that would great I want it out my backyard . Honestly I want my 500 Dollars back Thats all.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 02-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Quote:
Thanx for the negativity.. Do you treat all your noobs with that much respect?.. I really hope these forums aint like them stuck up sh*te bags at NA**OC..
They like to flame everyone! and shoot down all ideas and topics if it aint brought up by their elite 20..
I know my momma said if I ain't got nothin nice to say don't say it at all.. I heeded that info, and if it ain't nice, but pertinent and on topic then it can't hurt, I come here with that respect for all of you. I ask you do the same..
Eigh? You came in here and said you wanted to tear apart a very rare car that is becoming harder and harder to find, then put the components in a chassis that wasn't designed for it, then say you don't want to just grab an engine from a wrecked car

I can deduce quite a lot from this:

Quote:
I'm currently livin in MA. And I can't stand it.. It's only temporary though.. Anywayz, as you can tell I'm new to the site.. So I thought I'd introduce myself..
I'm a certified engine machinist, and I'm wastin my time and skills doin nothing up here in new england..
You are

1)unhappy where you are
2)think very highly of yourself
3)more than likley in your early twenties
4)uncomftorable with yourself
5)believe people care what you drive or how fast it is. They don't, unless they are in the same boat as you.

You should have seen my face last night when I saw a STI...and the goof driving it and an e46 M3 with as well, both sporting "interesting" paint jobs.

So...

If I went to a Ferarri site and said I wanted to tear a perfectly 512 apart I wouldn't expect a warm welcome! But that probably wont happen because I wouldn't waste the money.

Try buying an engine and harness off ebay, I'm sure plenty of people here have spare dash parts to sell you, and you won't need to tear a rebuildable SVX limb from limb...so you'll see more respect.

Remember what Auto said..."I got tired of killing them, so I became a resurrector" Or something to that effect.

Have a nice day
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXyGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SVXyGirl
Registered SVX
Well if you do TT a SVX engine I highly recommend you post what you did on here. I'm sure everyone would be curious to know.

Also, if you buy an SVX (hopefully one that isn't perfectly running) and use the parts you need..you should offer the other parts to other SVX members. There are people always looking for parts.

Good luck on your project.
92 Claret SVX LS-L (180k) 09/91 #5,732
06 Suzuki Boulevard M50 7k
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille (70k) Storage/hibernation for now.

Past SVXs:
94 SVX Emerald Pearl FWD (Sold)
96 SVX Bourdeaux LSi (Sold)
92 Pearl SVX LSL "Stay Puft" 5MT (140k) #148 (RIP)
95 Brilliant Red SVX LS (162k) 12/94 #564 "Killer Tomato" (RIP)

Last edited by SVXyGirl; 02-05-2008 at 09:49 AM.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo View Post
Body is o.k but there is a rust spot on the rear wheel fender. If you might know someone who is interested PM me ^^ I can get pics. I don't what to ask for it as I know People like to turn these cars in to "Z0MG 1MP0RT F/-\NTASY" but If you'd Pm'd that would great I want it out my backyard . Honestly I want my 500 Dollars back Thats all.
I'll put the word out..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapaBavarian View Post
Eigh? You came in here and said you wanted to tear apart a very rare car that is becoming harder and harder to find, then put the components in a chassis that wasn't designed for it, then say you don't want to just grab an engine from a wrecked car

You are

1)unhappy where you are
2)think very highly of yourself
3)more than likley in your early twenties
4)uncomftorable with yourself
5)believe people care what you drive or how fast it is. They don't, unless they are in the same boat as you.

You should have seen my face last night when I saw a STI...and the goof driving it and an e46 M3 with as well, both sporting "interesting" paint jobs.

So...

If I went to a Ferarri site and said I wanted to tear a perfectly 512 apart I wouldn't expect a warm welcome! But that probably wont happen because I wouldn't waste the money.

Try buying an engine and harness off ebay, I'm sure plenty of people here have spare dash parts to sell you, and you won't need to tear a rebuildable SVX limb from limb...so you'll see more respect.

Remember what Auto said..."I got tired of killing them, so I became a resurrector" Or something to that effect.

Have a nice day

I completely understand what your sayin... I should have worded myself different.. But I believe after my last few post you can get what i mean.. I know they are rare, and I'd hate for someone to do that to almost any rare car..
Albiet, as rare as the car is, you guys are just a small group of enthusiast in the grand scheme, or as compared to other cars and their fallowers rare or not..
I'm not coming here to make enemies.. At the same time I don't expect to make life long friends, or any actual physical friends for that matter. Even though some of my best friends in the world I met through forums..
I come here, with the desire to learn more about the rare beauty that is the SVX. To a group that got together because they decided they wanted the same thing..

You are

1)unhappy where you are
Man oh man, you really have NO IDEA!!! I'm losing my mind!!

2)think very highly of yourself I am not conceeded, nor do I talk down to others, or think i'm better than anybody else. But I do know that I have talents. I know there is always some one out there better then me at what ever it may be, But I will not deny that I am more skilled in some areas then other people may be.. The better term you could have used there is confident.

3)more than likley in your early twenties Yes, but believe it or not, I've seen and experienced as much if not more than most people in there mid 30's.. Age is a determining factor only so far, from there knowledge and expierence have the upper hand.. And your only 5 years older then me if your profile is correct..

4)uncomftorable with yourself This statement made me giggle inside I'm not sure where that one came from, But I assure you I'm quite comfortable with myself. I am uncomfortable, in this alien place called new england that is nothing like anywhere else I've been.. Im just guessing here, but I have a feeling this question and #5 go together.

If your implying that Im seeking approval, You couldn't be more wrong.. I don't care if others don't like it when it's done, they don't have to drive it.
As far as them caring what I drive or how fast, I think it has nothing to do with what boat your in, as long as your sailing the same sea.. And that sea is huge when you talking car enthusiats or even slightly interested parties. A finished project such as this would be respected just as much at the local gathering at shaws, at Nopi in Atlanta, Or the Tokyo Auto Salon.

Real respects Real

I'm as real as they come. I don't hide nothing so don't assume and don't be scared to ask..

I mean no disrespect to you or anyone else on this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXyGirl
Well if you do TT a SVX engine I highly recommend you post what you did on here. I'm sure everyone would be curious to know.

Also, if you buy an SVX and use the parts you need..you should offer the other parts to other SVX members. There are people always looking for parts.

Good luck on your project.
Thanx
I will definately share all with you guys.. I plan on being here for a while. So as long as my mouth don't get me booted, I'll be around...

Jade
BKA
Real J Bu

edit* Btw being a whole donor car is the better choice, by the time I get all the peice together needed, i'll have paid double what I coulda bought a beat down car for..

Last edited by GiftToCarz; 02-05-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Welcome Jade and the best of luck with your project.

The economics of what you need dictates buying a whole car, that's understandable. There are a few around here oversensitive to having SVXs broken up, but your quest is legitimate.

I had Twin Turbo Legacies. The turbos fit because there was more space at the back of the engine, being only a flat four. The SVX with two other cylinders does not give the same room for plumbing.

BTW, explain more fully about your gearbox plan. All Subaru engines, and gearboxes to match, are North South arrangements.

I don't understand how you intend turning the SVX flat six sideways, what gearbox will work that way for you and match the rear of the EG33?

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 02-05-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
Welcome Jade and the best of luck with your project.

The economics of what you need dictates buying a whole car, that's understandable. There are a few around here oversensitive to having SVXs broken up, but your quest is legitimate.

I had Twin Turbo Legacies. The turbos fit because there was more space at the back of the engine, being only a flat four. The SVX with two other cylinders does not give the same room for plumbing.

BTW, explain more fully about your gearbox plan. All Subaru engines, and gearboxes to match, are North South arrangements.

I don't understand how you intend turning the SVX flat six sideways, what gearbox will work that way for you and match the rear of the EG33?

Joe

First off, Thank you..

I plan on mounting the engine and gear box in the honda, the same way it mounts in the subaru.
Being as all major components, ie: motor, diff, lower suspension components mount at both front and rear sub-frames. It's as simple as modifying the body to accept the cross members and put them at the correct position. Relocation of the gas tank, and removal of the wheel well are the major modifications.. The real math, and specifics come when it's time to fabricate mount point for the upper suspension parts.
I do not forsee a problem with drive shaft clearance in the "tunnel". But I really wont know if that will need modified until the actual fitment process.
Even the subaru steering rack will be utilized, I just have to modify the shaft to work with the rack.

Hope that answers your question
Jade
Old 02-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
That's cool.

Are you going full-blown AWD? Or sticking to FWD?

If the latter, your available power from a TT EG33 will be way beyond normal torque steer sensible limits. Plus you will be breaking traction if you sneeze.

BTW, I'm an Accord and Honda fan as well as a Subaru nut.

I like the Accord coupe that has the 3.0 six cylinder motor, a touch of class about that.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 02-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Subaru Technician

Send a message via AIM to Hondasucks Send a message via MSN to Hondasucks Send a message via Yahoo to Hondasucks
Registered SVX
Quote:
2. It has a wide stance, with a low roof line and a naturally low center of gravity.
3. I LOVE flip up headlights!!
4. The square-ish, yet aerodynamic body is just beggin for fender-flares complimented by super deep dishes, yet would be pointless without being RWD or AWD..
5. And yes there is quite a benifit from the chasis weight. And placing a fuel cell in the right position we should be able to offset to get a good balance.
The H-6 is actually gonna sit back in the engine bay quite a bit..
Aside from the first one, you've basically described an XT6, and one of those would be plain sick with a built-up SVX motor. (There is a guy on here who stuffed an EG33 in one, but it was NA)
1992 SVX LS-L #1222 Pearl White
1987 GL Turbo wagon, 5 lug conversion, D/R 5 speed (Rice killer)
1992 Dodge Ram 4x4 diesel (car hauler)
1968 Dodge Polara convertible (Camaro killer)
1990 Toyota Corolla FWD auto (330,000 mile grocery getter)
1986 VW Jetta
Old 02-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
I think I may use a Version 4 jdm 4.11 wrx tranny with a ppg gear set, matched to the jdm 4.11 mech. LSD diff.

I'd like to use a new version 6sp, final drive 4.44 I think (may be wrong on FD), But I really don't wanna mess with the DCCD, I know you can just not wire it up.. But then it's kinda pointless..

If I use the version 4 drivetrain, that'll give me a wider range of brake and suspension goodie options.. And I will be able to utilize RS, WRX, and first gen STI suspension. Even upgrade the rear brakes from the SVX if I remember correct.

If I use a newer model, I will have to use new model hubs and all the other "newer, bigger" goodies, which easily triple the price of my other options..

I can completely understand that... And I don't mean to offend anyone by doing so.. I know I hate when people come to my 3rd gen accord forum and start talkin ish about the car..
And I know me coming here saying, "I wanna buy one of your cars, even tho theres not that many, and then I wanna rip it to peaces!", isnt a good thing for me to do. But, in my defense, it will be going towards a greater cause. It will be something that many people from many different forums will be able to appreciate when complete. It will give people new ideas and spark new creativety.
I am not dissing the SVX in anyway. Its just not my cup of tea. It is a gorgeous car, with great potential, however, IMHO it's kind of a pig, and I'm not a fan of the only option auto.. And the "luxury" aspect of the vehicle is not me..
As far as not havin After market support, trust me I understand!! I don't do civics.. They're a dime a dozen.. My 3rd gen accord has almost nil aftermarket support. When there is a part, not only are you payin an arm and a leg, you might as well send them your first born, if its a custom run.

I choose the accord for many reasons.. I had one way back in the day when I first started driving, back when I thought rice was cool .. But it's characteristics are great.
1. It is one of the most slept on hondas to this day.
2. It has a wide stance, with a low roof line and a naturally low center of gravity.
3. I LOVE flip up headlights!!
4. The square-ish, yet aerodynamic body is just beggin for fender-flares complimented by super deep dishes, yet would be pointless without being RWD or AWD..
5. And yes there is quite a benifit from the chasis weight. And placing a fuel cell in the right position we should be able to offset to get a good balance.
The H-6 is actually gonna sit back in the engine bay quite a bit..
If ya gotta rip up an SVX, just get one that has already been ripped up on the road, and 'post' the body parts here. If you rip up a SALVAGEABLE car, well, you fit into the catigory of a BARBARIAN!

We will accept the fact that an svx died. We will hold a grudge if we can't 'access' the parts. Since WE really would like to save them ALL!

PS My XT has 'flip up headlights and a turbo', AND AWD, and 5 Speed, and IS NOT Honda!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 02-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
First off, Thank you..

I plan on mounting the engine and gear box in the honda, the same way it mounts in the subaru.
Being as all major components, ie: motor, diff, lower suspension components mount at both front and rear sub-frames. It's as simple as modifying the body to accept the cross members and put them at the correct position. Relocation of the gas tank, and removal of the wheel well are the major modifications.. The real math, and specifics come when it's time to fabricate mount point for the upper suspension parts.
I do not forsee a problem with drive shaft clearance in the "tunnel". But I really wont know if that will need modified until the actual fitment process.
Even the subaru steering rack will be utilized, I just have to modify the shaft to work with the rack.

Hope that answers your question
Jade
Have you ever LOOKED at the SIZE of the transmission tunnel in an AWD Subi?? I could stuff a Hemi clutch packed 727 Mopar trans in there without a ball peen hammer! You would have to rebuild the floors and everything to replace 'rinky-dink with REAL parts!

Yea, I've played with Hondas too.

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 02-06-2008, 07:28 AM

I don't know to much about the XT6, I know I have seen maybe 3 in person in the past, 1 of which was unsalvagable at a pick n pull... Aren't those more rare then the SVX?.. Even still, a built XT would be nice and cool, But it's still not what i'm going for..

Yes I know the size of both the honda and the suby.. But when you brought it up, I wanted to double check some images, so I didn't start talking out of my ass..

the "tunnel" that runs under the accord is deep and wide enough to house the drive shaft and rear section of tranny.. However, after further inspection The area to house the bellhousing will need to be modified. So that is where the Impreza L chasis comes into play.. I can cut out the house tunnel from the impreza and modify it to the accord.. I don't believe that will be a major issue.. (i say this because we've made temporary "convertables" out of 240s and eg hatches, just to instal a rollcage, and We lowered an entire driver floorboard 2 1/4" so a 6'7 driver could sit comfortably in the fixed driverseat with a helmet on.)

The chasis of the accord is going to undergo major modifications anyways.
It will be entirely stripped, attached to a rotisserie and glass beaded, inside and out, washed and clean.
Then the entire chasis will be spot welded and I'm going to instal the most unobtrusive rollcage I can make, to fit with whatever interior I decide to use. Also any other major modifictions that need done at the time, tunnel widening, spare wheel well removal, etc..
After the spot welding, the undercarraige, trunk and engine bay will be molded, contoured and smoothed with carbon kevlar before recieving it's prime and paint.
The undercarraige is also going to get an extensive treatment of xbraces and extra support to counter body flex.

Jade

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: