How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 08:57 AM

Talking For those who think I can't drive

Not starting an argument here. But countless trips to work in the Rocky Mountains in treacherous conditions, record snow fall this season, and only one incident in 12 years of driving that occurred 1 year ago. I think I'm doing pretty darn well. Better than most in fact.

As for the SVXs snow performance, I'm not even going to continue the discussion, because other, less intelligent members will turn it into an argument and use childish names. Not that I would expect anything else from a forum full of clowns who live in front of their computers. Take Landshark and Budfreak for instance.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:01 AM

I even know someone who rolled a Brat after hitting black ice. Stuff happens. And it's no reason to insult somebody.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
why is this still being drug out.. I mean talking about beating a dead horse.(HAHA Barbaro refference )... seriously, let it go

Tom
Old 02-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Hater

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 02-05-2007, 10:11 AM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
i love mr. magoo!

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles
Old 02-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Hater

i guess i should expect another threatening PM from Mr. Gravy.

oh n0s!

Old 02-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Stevebsy Send a message via Yahoo to Stevebsy
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieGravy
And it's no reason to insult somebody.
Quote:
I'm not even going to continue the discussion, because other, less intelligent members will turn it into an argument and use childish names. Not that I would expect anything else from a forum full of clowns who live in front of their computers. Take Landshark and Budfreak for instance.
Make up your mind...

Let it go already...sheez

Custom Oil Caps, Battery Bars, Phenolic Spacers for sale here:
http://www.x35design.com
Old 02-05-2007, 11:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Quote:
Not starting an argument here. But countless trips to work in the Rocky Mountains in treacherous conditions, record snow fall this season, and only one incident in 12 years of driving that occurred 1 year ago. I think I'm doing pretty darn well. Better than most in fact.

As for the SVXs snow performance, I'm not even going to continue the discussion, because other, less intelligent members will turn it into an argument and use childish names. Not that I would expect anything else from a forum full of clowns who live in front of their computers. Take Landshark and Budfreak for instance.
For a secnd there I thought you had made a mistake and ment to post this on NASIOC.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:35 AM

Send a message via AIM to wannarace928 Send a message via Yahoo to wannarace928
Classic SVX
Quote:

If you dont want to start an arguement, it is probably best not to insult everyone on the forum or single anyone out.
Everyone can have slipups in snow and Ice. No matter what car it is or how well you may think it does in the snow. Anything can happen when you drive in snow and ice. Just be thankful you have only had one incident and you kept your life. Some people are not so lucky.
I for one have a completely clean driving record, learned to drive in the snow covered mountains without incident, I was on my way to visit my mom, and told her I have been driving in the snow for a long time, not to worry about me, I told her I am a good driver, well that day my car got a flat when the road was curving to the right, the roads where icy and the car turned circles narrowly missing 2 poles, went down in the ditch, came out the other side with oncoming traffic, and came to a dead stop 3 feet from a cement wall.
Its best not to brag about driving skills, because thats when, in my experiance things go wrong.
If you are a good driver, prove it when you are on the road and be nice to the other drivers. It does you no good to tell us, when we live many thousand miles away from you.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannarace928
If you dont want to start an arguement, it is probably best not to insult everyone on the forum or single anyone out.
Everyone can have slipups in snow and Ice. No matter what car it is or how well you may think it does in the snow. Anything can happen when you drive in snow and ice. Just be thankful you have only had one incident and you kept your life. Some people are not so lucky.
I for one have a completely clean driving record, learned to drive in the snow covered mountains without incident, I was on my way to visit my mom, and told her I have been driving in the snow for a long time, not to worry about me, I told her I am a good driver, well that day my car got a flat when the road was curving to the right, the roads where icy and the car turned circles narrowly missing 2 poles, went down in the ditch, came out the other side with oncoming traffic, and came to a dead stop 3 feet from a cement wall.
Its best not to brag about driving skills, because thats when, in my experiance things go wrong.
If you are a good driver, prove it when you are on the road and be nice to the other drivers. It does you no good to tell us, when we live many thousand miles away from you.
Wannarace, I attempted to start a civilized discussion about the SVX's snow performance. In response to this, I was insulted, told I don't know how to drive, told I am useless idiot that doesn't belong here, and many other things.

You're entirely correct, slip ups can happen. In my last accident, it wasn't even my fault. There was no way anyone could have avoided that. Yet I continue to hear things like "you can't drive", etc, etc.

Anyway, I'm willing to let this go from here on out poviding ass clown 1 and ass clown two stop insulting me and my driving skills.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Hater

Quote:

Anyway, I'm willing to let this go from here on out poviding ass clown 1 and ass clown two stop insulting me and my driving skills.
are you going to let go of the threatening PM's, too?

Old 02-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:

This is all one needs to sum up your ignorance and willingness to prolong the immaturity. Good job

Tom
Old 02-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Founder / Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Chris
Angry I have had enough!

I am not taking sides on ANY of this. It takes one to insult, another to keep it going..... Then going and going and going.
The point of the thread is now LOST and now its all about name calling, insults, baiting, threats, and retaliation. The rest of the members here DON'T CARE! This is the SVX World Network, not Internet reality TV... forum style.

Other non-involved parties are here to collaborate and share information to better the overall experience of owning an SVX. Take the punk attitudes elsewhere, I am sure there are some street racing forums out there that would love to fan the flames. I no longer care who started it, who said what, who is touching whom, and who's got whomelses (nice word) toys. The "stars and thars" games are over and I have pulled the car to the side of the road. There are TWO options from here. DROP IT and keep it to email and other PRIVATE forms of verbal bashing, or GET OUT! When this much ruckus comes about I have flashbacks of another banned member that only caused me headaches and drove other members away. I tell you the TRUTH, that as much as I love Aredubjay, if he was causing this much of an issue here the rules would still apply to him. If the moderators and officers said "Ban" then Aredubjay would be gone. The next step for all involved here is ban.

This being said, I will publicly note that I think that you all bring something good to the community and I would like nothing more than to keep it that way. You all have the option to mute posts from others involved and just ignore the situation. None of you have anything you need to prove to me or to any of the other members here. If it is that important, meet somewhere... call each other on the phone, but do not disturb the community that I have worked so hard to maintain and spent many dollars for upkeep. I assure you that if I did not spend all my extra change here and there running this place, I would have a much nicer, faster, and cleaner looking race car. (I would also not have had to take the last two years of NHRA points racing off.)

This is not open for debate. If you don't like the rules, you can complain about it to me and the officers in PMs. I am locking this tread and the others like it. The discussion is closed with the overall ruling that:
  1. Accidents happen, even to good drivers
  2. Some SVXs might be better or worse in the snow than other vehicles
  3. AWD does not effect the handling characteristics when it comes to braking. (unless a drop anchor is used)

ECU Tune (stage 1), PWR (prototype aluminum radiator)
Amateur Radio - General Class - K7SVX
#1 92 Teal LSl 246k (Dedicated SVX Race Car, now with 4.44 speed)
#2 92 Teal LSl 125k (Retired, car rescued from a field of weeds)
2007 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition, Obsidian Black Pearl (Daily driver)
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab, Cummins turbo diesel 4x4 (race car & RV hauler)
1985 Honda VF500 Interceptor (fair weather fun commuter)

Going on 11 years of NHRA bracket racing
NHRA Div 6 Car/Driver # T654 (site being rebuilt, new name is www.teamsvxracing.com)
2000 1st Place Club Challenge Series
2002 3rd Place Season Track Champion, Import Racing (Firebird Raceway)
2003 4th Place Season Track Champion, Import Racing (Firebird Raceway)
2003 1st Place NW Regional Import Shootout (July 5th)
2004 1st Place Club Challenge #1 (Firebird Raceway)
2004 1st Place NHRA "King of the Track" race
2004 NHRA Gold Cup 2nd place season win
2004 Import/Sport Compact 3rd place season win
2004 Division 6 Summit/ET NHRA Race of Champions finalist competitor (Mission, BC)
2007 1st Place Import Survival #3
2007 1st Place Track Champion Import Summer Jam (Wild Street Class)
2007 1st Place Import Survival #5
2008 Club season 1st place win, Club Champion
2008 2nd Place Season Import Final.
2008 Division 6 Summit/ET NHRA Import Finals (Woodburn, Or)
2009 2nd Place Import Summer Jam (Wild Street Class)
2010 1st Place Club race #2 - 1st place Sport Compact race #1 & #2

Last edited by Chris; 02-05-2007 at 08:12 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: