SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 12-20-2006, 11:57 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
The things that we do for our pets....

As the year comes to a close, I reflect back on the acomplishments of 2006..

I have been blessed beyond my wildest dreams! As it has been said, that " the proof is in the pudding".
I was in the back yard tonight, looking at the 'fruits of our labors' and realized that the last 4 days of labor have been devoted to the DOGS!

If I don't quit soon, Lou is going to be featured on an episode of 'Cribs'!!!

He has the only two story dog house in town. He has the only doghouse with a Christmas tree and lights inside and out.
His is the only doghouse with a covered deck, (complete with a lounge chair).
There is a doghouse inside that is insulated and has a bean bag chair so he can get out of the wind, or he can set in his overstuffed arm chair under the ceiling fan, in case it's too hot.
We built the picket fence today and installed the gate and painted them.

I am building him his own 'fire hydrant' so he knows where to p.

I am working on a 'water feature', so his drinking water is always fresh, ( or he has a place to lay down and soak his problems away)...

As for the cats.. I am working out a plan where the 'prisoner' felines can take advantage of some of Lou's 'trappings'..( the top part of the water feature will be for Kiki,' the calico'. since she prefers her water to be moving. There will have to be a 'loft' for Buddi, (the Domestic long hair), since she likes to look down on everything, and a place for Sweety, ( the garbage can refugee alley, 'seal point' mutt kitten I rescued back in the spring, to EAT ALL DAY LONG. ( since that seems to be his 'thing').

They already have a Hickory tree in the kitchen, (that runs floor to ceiling) for their clawing and climbing pleasure. I just need to cover a part of Lou's 'space' with wire and put a 'catwalk' to it so they can get some fresh air without getting beat up by the strays.

Lou is 6 1/2 lbs of fury, but he has a hard time protecting his cats so I have to 'build in' the protection. His 'kitten' outweighs him by 4 lbs!

A co-worker said, " There are kids starving in the world and you do this for your DOG, now I don't feel bad about what I do for mine".

Another co-worker said that I needed to put the lights on a timer. I told her that wasn't necessary, because I have them on a 'REMOTE'!!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 12-21-2006 at 12:26 AM.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:25 AM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser
Another co-worker said that I needed to put the lights on a timer. I told her that wasn't necessary, because I have them on a 'REMOTE'!!
I bet if you installed some of these, you could train your friends to work the lights themselves

In all seriousness, very impressive. And then add in the fact that your pet play land pales in comparison to YOUR newly constructed play land. I can't wait to get out and see your new planet.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:23 AM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocrest
I bet if you installed some of these, you could train your friends to work the lights themselves

In all seriousness, very impressive. And then add in the fact that your pet play land pales in comparison to YOUR newly constructed play land. I can't wait to get out and see your new planet.
Dave,
It's the middle of the night, but the 'kid' played a practical joke on us and set the alarm for 1:00 AM!!
I was just going into stage 5 sleep when the d#$%^&d thing went off!!

SO, since I couldn't just roll over, I got up and drew 4 more pages of pictures!
Harry-for-hire will be here about 9:00 am, and I'm off today!
( Harry is bringing a goldfish pond when he brings my truck back)
His truck took a crap on dec 23rd, so he's got mine. He got his fixed yesterday.

I have every intention of hitting the cars with the same degree of dedication that we have exibited on the buildings, (in the spring), but have some 'loose ends' to ty in before the snow comes.

We might have to schedule some 'Mini-Meets' for the farm in 07, and maybe a full blown SUBI-FREE-FOR-ALL bt summers end.

Does anyone know where I can get one of those 'digital, DVD projectors??? ( Buy, borrow, rent)

I want to do a 'drive-in' thing for special occasions...

Jerry
Old 12-26-2006, 04:16 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Trained?

Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser
I don't know about a light switch, but my Siberian Husky has learned how to operate the window switch on my pickup so she can stick her head out in the wind. Of course, one time she locked the door on my when I got out to get the mail and left the truck running.

I could have the fanciest doghouse in the hood and mine would still insist on sleeping inside.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Sounds like you have some spoiled animals just like me. My 14 lbs. boy sonny is a freakin' beast and all muscle. He just pushes the other 2 around like toys! Then there is the 10lbs. Sarah who just eats, and then Sasha who is just out of her damn mind. I hope to meet all your critters soon Jerry and see this stupendous doghouse. Hhmm....Maybe I'll just sleep in there while I'm visiting.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:19 PM
Sue isn't really striped

I wanna see some pics of the luxury dog house!
Old 12-27-2006, 11:22 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycone
I wanna see some pics of the luxury dog house!
I tried to load some pics, but , since I spend all my time DOING, instead of playing on the puter, I guess the pics will have to wait till someone comes by and shoots them!

I have a 10 minute 'window' on my patience.. Since I KNOW that I could be drawing pictures, that, tomorrow, I will be BUILDING the things that I drew, I have a hard time re-sizing, etc pics.

I can sub-frame a car faster than I can "follow the prompts", and achieve the desired effect of a digital photo!!

Call me stupid if you want, but I can splice a dumptruck FASTER than I can download a picture!!!

Einstein didn't even know his own address, because he NEVER memorized anything that he had access to.

I carried a SAW-ZALL, a wrecking bar, a claw hammer and a garbage can into my bathroom on Dec 26th, and by 1-1-07, I will have a sunken bathtub, more storage space than the normal person can imagine, an "inside- outhouse" to relieve the pressure on the 'waiting family members', a laundry chute and a 'lazy shoes-in' of my own design.( a feature that allows 25 pairs of shoes to occupy a space 2'X2'X4', and gets them off the floor of the mudd room).

And I will only use about 6 hours of my vacation time. I told the boss that I will do everything that they need and then leave, (since I can do my job in a lot less hours than is allowed.)

I called my wife yesterday while she was out and told her that I made a really BIG mess and she said, " I don't care, because I know that it will be worth it when you are done"!!

Then she saw the pictures I drew!!

She has been living with this for the last 19 years! ( poor girl!)

I have the time to post this because the SAW-ZALL would wake the family and I needed something to do till I fell down for the night.

I will fall down now.......

Jerry
Old 01-02-2007, 01:06 AM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
I don't know about a light switch, but my Siberian Husky has learned how to operate the window switch on my pickup so she can stick her head out in the wind. Of course, one time she locked the door on my when I got out to get the mail and left the truck running.

I could have the fanciest doghouse in the hood and mine would still insist on sleeping inside.

Lee
One of the dogs learned how to operate the power DOOR LOCKS, with keys inside, on a hot summer day!! spent some quality time with a slim jim. I'm glad they were NOT in a Subaru at the time. Did you ever TRY to open a locked subi?? AAA sends a guy with a BIG bag of lock-out tools for a subi!

He told me that subi's are one of the hardest nuts to crack.

(they do sleep inside, but spend the days lounging in their 'crib'.)

Jerry

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: