How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Reading Meet

Old 01-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Just a reminder...

If anybody was actually planning to well plan a dinner or the like. You really need to get started like 3 months ago. There aren't many places in the area to begin with and they tend to fill up very quickly.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:43 PM
Green1995SVX

Ben-

It was my feeling that this year was going to be more of a 'casual' event of sorts. I know most of us who have planned in the past havent had time this year, because of business, and new babies and the like.

I'm pretty much just wanting to be there and have a good time. Oh, and I'm not drinking this year. Yeah, that's right. No alcohol for me.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:49 PM

Yeah that's the impression I got to but also it will probably lead to the last large event as you're not gonna get 50 people to a rest on a Sat night and most of the original people won't stand for no organization.

You should be fine without booze. There should be plenty still in your system from last year.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Ben,

I thought you were going to make some inquiries about dinner at the same place as last year.

As you said in you post #4 here back on October 28:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ghlight=dinner

Quote:
"I'm sure Bev would be more than happy to do the dinner again this year. She's very supportive of our race car and has been to quite a few events thus far."
Or else it's whatever the hotel has, McDonald's or Shady Maple.

Should I check and see what the Holiday Inn can offer us for the group and prices?

>

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 01-26-2006 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:17 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Exclamation

How about we just order in... (

Hello Kung Pou Chinese? Yes we’d like 48 from column A 4 from column B and 3 special combinations with the egg roll…
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 01-27-2006, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess
Ben,

I thought you were going to make some inquiries about dinner at the same place as last year.

As you said in you post #4 here back on October 28:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ghlight=dinner

Or else it's whatever the hotel has, McDonald's or Shady Maple.

Should I check and see what the Holiday Inn can offer us for the group and prices?

>
I simply said Bev would probably be happy to hold something similar but I don't have the stomach to deal with it this year. If you want I can put ya in touch with her. She'd be happy to do it at another location too but there just wasn't the #s last year. The biggest issue is you have fixed costs like room rental, tables, etc then the food is by the person so its very tough to get to a price without knowing the #s and its tough to know the numbers without a price.

Now if Ron is buying then why not plan for a sea food feast!
Old 01-29-2006, 09:44 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncamitzi
How about we just order in... (

Hello Kung Pou Chinese? Yes we’d like 48 from column A 4 from column B and 3 special combinations with the egg roll…
Chinese delivery??? I'm guessing you've never been to Morgantown

If it is decided to have dinner at the same place, I will help to organise/handle all of the arrangements. I don't want to sound partial or anything, but I can deal with Bev (my sister) anytime my schedule allows. I don't have time to work with other facilities when I have to do it on their schedule.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Everyone seemed very happy with the menu choices, food quality and prices last year at Bev's restaurant. The splitting up of the group into separate rooms seemed to be the only negative comment I heard. We might want to check with her again to explore what she can offer us.

I am checking with the Morgantown HI to see what they could offer the group in the way of food choices and prices. They have a banquet room which would suit our needs.

This is what we were offered last year. Check post #18
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25055

On another related note, I talked to Tia at the HI and she is not sure at the moment if the restaurant will be open for lunch on Saturday, although she is aware of our request.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 02-15-2006 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:00 AM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
I'll talk with her about options to hold the dinner a a local hall. I will have her get info on parking, capacity, if drinks are permitted and availabilty of a 1/4 mile long 2 lane driveway to the facility
Old 01-30-2006, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocrest
and availabilty of a 1/4 mile long 2 lane driveway to the facility
Cough, cough, cough. Interested in taking some 6 speeds and superchargers down there Dave?
Old 01-30-2006, 01:46 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Cough, cough, cough. Interested in taking some 6 speeds and superchargers down there Dave?
Do they also have a large enough shoulder to allow cars to be taken off of trailers?
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 02-02-2006, 10:20 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1995SVX
Ben-

It was my feeling that this year was going to be more of a 'casual' event of sorts. I know most of us who have planned in the past havent had time this year, because of business, and new babies and the like.

I'm pretty much just wanting to be there and have a good time. Oh, and I'm not drinking this year. Yeah, that's right. No alcohol for me.
No freaking way!!! No funny pics of a drunk Mike?

I thought alcohol was prerequisite for having a good time especially amongst other drunk SVX'ers.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: