Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 07-31-2005, 03:03 AM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
Car dying while stopped

I was at a red light today and the car died.. I threw it in park, started it up again, and a few seconds later it died right before the light turned green. People were honking and stuff while I started it up again and drove away. It drove fine afterwards but what is causing this? I just replaced the air and fuel filters, maybe the injectors are clogged? If that were true wouldn't the car constantly run bad?
Old 08-02-2005, 09:58 AM
red95svx

Is the check engine light on? Cam and crank sensors can cause the engine to suddenly die.

Dave
Old 08-03-2005, 06:07 AM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
Nope no idiot lights after restarting her.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:31 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Usually the check engine light will come on if the car refuses to start. Another culprit is the MAF sensor.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:16 AM
crimsonnblue

Hey my svx just started to do this also. Ill be slowing down to a stop, the engine began to idle lower, lower, then it died. It starts back up no problem, I found that it does it in the morining usually, I dont know why. And Usually I can save it from dieing by feeding it a little gas.

Anyways right when this started happening I was getting an axle replaced and I asked the mechanic to check and they couldnt get it to die and they couldnt figure it out. (they never really drove it. Only ran it in Park.) So that means it only does this when your in Drive and stopped. Also I can feel the engine struggle when it does it....
Old 08-20-2005, 06:15 AM
I brought some ham.

I'm taking it to my buddy's shop this wednesday. He said it's probably just a dirty iac or maf sensor, but I checked the maf and it looks brand new. I don't know where the iac is or I'd clean it myself.