Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Turbo Projects

Old 06-21-2005, 09:27 AM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
I love it how you both give me a little smack, and stick up for me in two posts.
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:54 PM
Mr Soob

Cool You trolled me!

Firstly, you need to define classes of cars. Once you've got clear definitions of what you are talking about, you can't start telling people what it is or isn't. But for the most part, the GT coupe isn't synonymous with sports car, and the SVX is usually considered a GT or Luxury Coupe.

As for "what the SVX can beat", you are blurring the definition way too much here. I'll be willing to bet I can beat old school racing cars, "back in the days of black and white", and so on. This is called comparing apples with kitchen tables. Cars can only be compared across similar classes, otherwise you are being totally daft. Similar years, similar purpose. Who cares about whether you can beat old school Ferraris/and how that makes the SVX a sports car? To prove a point, I will state the following:

MY SVX CAN BEAT MANY DIFFERENT MODELS OF LAMBORGHINIS - Some even have more HP than my SVX (265HP)
This means it can beat Lamborghinis and is thus a true supercar.

Don't believe me? Check it out yourself:
HTML Code:
http://www.inlon.com.au/AppsProd.aspx?app=Lamborghini&brand=Lamborghini
Not one person here can refute my claim. If you assemble any of those Laborghinis on a race track for a 1/4 mile or 10 laps of Laguna Seca, the only way I'd lose is through mechanical failure or driver error.

Doesn't mean I drive a sports car. Doesn't even mean I'm driving a tractor.

My point: The STi is an STi. You want to stick an STi badge on your ride? Go for it. I have seen STi badges on Hyundais. Do what makes you feel good. But your car won't be an STi any more than mine would be a Lamborghini if I got a Lambo badge and stuck it on.

Will people respect you for it? Probably not - you have a unique car, and labelling it is doing nothing but detracting from its natural beauty. Besides, other SVX drivers know there is no STi SVX. Some of the Joe Averages do too.

If you really want to be able to call it an STi, save up, send it to Subaru Technica Int'l and say "Make it quick, make it stop, make it fun to drive...". They'll send it back with the stickers on it already for you. Alternatively, buy all STi parts and convert everything on your SVX.

But I ain't wanting to sit here and insult you, no sir. But badges aren't earned with modifications. They are allocated by the people who make the cars. There is nothing to prove with a badge. Prove it by being a down-to-earth guy, with a nice car, and someone who doesn't pose because his car has the coolest badges and the lowest suspension.
/troll reaction
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178

Last edited by McTaff; 06-21-2005 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Maybe my perception is skewed by my years. I can't understand anyone oohing and ahhing over EVOs, etc. The only thing a WRX has going for it is power, IMHO it's about butt-ugly. I feel sorry for most young-uns for what they have to pick from for sporting cars. To me, most look like econo-cans with grocery cart handles and decals. Most anything I would ooh and aah over costs more than most can afford. The younger crowd probably thinks of WRX and EVO as sports cars. To me they are just hopped-up s***boxes.

I guess our difference of opinions lie in our different frames of reference. No worries.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: