How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-11-2004, 09:48 PM

SVX Network financial concerns

Gentlemen,
May I suggest we generate the revenue to cover Network's overhead? Why not leverage the Network site? Form a syndicate or consortium and start refering business to each other. Maybe we could sell some ad space? How many of us are there? What do we do? How can we use our point of contact and our mutual ownership of a singular automobile to our mutual benefit and make enuff dough to maintain this cool site? An opt in list for goods/services? The latest research indicates groups make v. good decisions. Let's put our collective smarts to work and think of a business model that will not only allow the Network to meet it's budget needs but provide benefits to the members. For example: I could establish an Amsoil dealership and the net profit could go to the Network budget. We would have access to discounted synthetic fluids for our cars and support the Network at the same time. What would happen if we started telling five or ten of our friends/family about our synthetic dealership? We aren't going to become Amway but how many people could we get to buy their oil from us? What do you think? There's alot of ways to raise funds and nothing wrong with a just sending in a contribution...but from what I read in some of these threads I think we can do better.
I can't wait to hear your ideas.
WGJ
Old 12-12-2004, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Stevebsy Send a message via Yahoo to Stevebsy
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: SVX Network financial concerns

That's very kind of you to offer your support. We have a few people who do this already, who have send some donations for our network hosting, etc.. based on selling some stuff.

We also sell T-Shirts and stuff at the meets.

I know it's been awhile since we made up shirts....with enough interest I could whip up another batch. We have also sold hats and mugs. At the 10th anniversary meet, we generated enough money to buy a new server and pay for some bandwidth.

Oh, and please. DONT send money to our PO Address. It is no longer in operation. PM me first and I'll tell you where.

This site has existed without displaying any advertising, (banners, etc..) and would like to stay that way. If you want to offer stuff for sale in the wanted/forsale forum, that's cool as long as it's SVX related. If you want to donate some of your profits, all the better, but there is no requirement about that.

Thanks for the help (everybody) in keeping this place running smooth for so long.

Quote:
Originally posted by WGJ
Gentlemen,
May I suggest we generate the revenue to cover Network's overhead? Why not leverage the Network site? Form a syndicate or consortium and start refering business to each other. Maybe we could sell some ad space? How many of us are there? What do we do? How can we use our point of contact and our mutual ownership of a singular automobile to our mutual benefit and make enuff dough to maintain this cool site? An opt in list for goods/services? The latest research indicates groups make v. good decisions. Let's put our collective smarts to work and think of a business model that will not only allow the Network to meet it's budget needs but provide benefits to the members. For example: I could establish an Amsoil dealership and the net profit could go to the Network budget. We would have access to discounted synthetic fluids for our cars and support the Network at the same time. What would happen if we started telling five or ten of our friends/family about our synthetic dealership? We aren't going to become Amway but how many people could we get to buy their oil from us? What do you think? There's alot of ways to raise funds and nothing wrong with a just sending in a contribution...but from what I read in some of these threads I think we can do better.
I can't wait to hear your ideas.
WGJ

Custom Oil Caps, Battery Bars, Phenolic Spacers for sale here:
http://www.x35design.com