How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets

Old 03-25-2004, 11:32 PM
moosens

Subarus at Carlisle-please consider May 21-23

Hi Everybody,I'd like you all to consider going to Carlisle PA for the Import/Kit/Replicar Show from May 21st-23rd.Please take a minute and check it out if you're not familiar with it.This is the biggest show on the east coast.

Any year or model welcome!

We on the Ultimate Subaru Message Board are trying to get at least 25 registered cars under Ultimate Subaru Club so we can have a designated parking area and a tent.No parking next to hideous Volvos or Saabs and two of us have offered to cook on Saturday if we get the tent.

You have untill April 27th to register but please don't hesitate.

Event: http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/schedule/import/index.asp

Regisatration: http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/Mercha...tegory_Code=IN

If you register please let Scott know at his website to help organization. http://www.subarubrat.com/carslile.htm He's got a "mail to" link there.

Last year Ben had his SVX there looking excellent,but lonely.

There's a good amount of conversation in the "Reading Meet" post thread.Some of us are gathering together for the ride.Or planning the day,etc.I thought it'd catch a few more eyes here with it's own thread.

Hope to see you there.I'll have my '78 4WD Wagon and probably my wife's '96 Legacy.And if I'm lucky I'll get my friend to drive my turbo wagon down too.

Last edited by moosens; 03-26-2004 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:09 PM
Superbeast

Times running out. please join you damn snobby SVXr's
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 04-06-2004, 09:33 PM
moosens

You guys Subaru owners or what?

This is where to show your SVX and stick in the face of Volvo Saab Honda Toyota Range Rover ,etc. driving scum.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:20 PM

Registered SVX
Let's see, Easter, Income Tax Day and Reading V all in the same week....Talk to us all around the 20th after we've recovered somewhat.

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint
Old 04-07-2004, 05:44 PM
Superbeast

Oh come on! I already made the comitment, and I'm sleeping out of the back of my car. Good times.

Old 04-07-2004, 06:57 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

I'll bet anyone here their reg fee and the autox reg fee that I will kick their butt (aside from Subafreak) in autox there. Your bet is a stinking dollar. Come beat me and you'll pay a $ for going!

Subafreak, you can crash at my place if you want (its an hour a way and I have a wedding to go to on Sat but its there) unless Moosens has better plans for ya.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:11 PM
moosens

I'm booked at the Super 8 or some such cheapy in Harrisburg with the wife and kids....sorry Subafreak.

Money is mighty tight for me,I know that,but for $15 for your single car regiatration you get 2 adults in at no additional charge for the whole weekend.

You will love this show.All sorts of cars from Italy,England,France,Germany,etc.etc.....and kit cars that will change your mind about kit cars once you see them "exposed".Swap meet...I hear some guy from Connecticut is brings down some Subaru parts...just a rumor.

There's some entertainment also.

In my opinion,and hopefully yours,Subaru deserves to be at shows whether it be local or national like Carlisle.All Subarus are unique but especially the "pre-SUV" yuppiemobile era Subarus."We" showed their asses the way to make a drivetrain and to this date Subaru still rules high productuon consumer vehicles in the way of affordable 4 Wheel Drive.

Tell that Audi "all track driver/whatever"owner to stuff it.Your's was bred with traction,not developed to suit a growing market.

Look,everybody who's worried that the car they want to bring isn't "show quality".Of course that'd be nice to see but it's not necessary.I'm bringing my '78 wagon unrestored.I just won't have the time between now and then to make it any much prettier.But it has like 82k and is not rusted out because it was treated with Zeibart,and done correctly for a change.It's been through like 5 owners and 3 of us are tradesmen.2 painters and a carpenter and it still looks very decent so I'm proud of it.Plus I feel it has historical value.Early 4wheel drive commuter car.

Come on kids.Even if you just make it for Saturday that's fine.If we get 25 I COOK!!! and momma mia you're a gunna love-a my lasagne.....mmmmmm.

Saturday is the day we figure most of us will be able to attend.The show starts Friday and ends Sunday.Drawing for free car on Sunday.We'll collect the car if your ticket wins.Everyone who enters gets a ticket with admission so you all have a shot at it.

Please register under "Ultimate Subaru" where they ask for a club name.We're at 18 as of the other night.Hope some of you SVX folks can put us over the top.

I guarantee you'll have a much greater appreciation for Subarus when you hang out with some old school folks.Please join us and be part of the vintage or at least unique Subaru owners who care about them enough to join messageboards and keep them roadgoing.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! Rough and ready!!!

Last edited by moosens; 04-07-2004 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:26 PM
Multiple Suby Owner

I am thinking about going, but I have to see if I will be able to get off of work that weekend.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:27 PM
Superbeast

Worried that my car is not show quality Have you seen pics of my wagon? It's almost safe to say it might be the ugliest car there.

BTW: Ben I might take you up on that offer.

Old 04-08-2004, 07:13 AM

Not if the monster bug welded to a Jeep frame is there again this year.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:18 AM
Network Design Administrator

I would love to go, but I havd 3 reasons why I cannot!

1. Reading V
2. Week long trip in June
3. How am I supposed to bring the RX and the SVX if I am a two car, one driver household?
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:46 AM
tancred

Quote:
Originally posted by RSVX
I would love to go, but I havd 3 reasons why I cannot!

1. Reading V
2. Week long trip in June
3. How am I supposed to bring the RX and the SVX if I am a two car, one driver household?
You let me drive one...
Old 04-08-2004, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RSVX

I came up with a solution to that. Drive the BRAT with my Nighthawk in the back. Ride home, get the SVX and go! Now I will tell ya that a moped does fit into an SVX but that is one terrible ride back to NJ.