How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2003, 09:29 AM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
Damn right we're smiling

I spanked some kid in an 80's Mazda MX6 the other day... just playin with him. He was creeping forward at the light, revvin' up that bad-ass manual a bit for a good take-off. After gently coaxing the car off the line, I caught up with normal acceleration and continued side-by-side, turning about 2,000-2,500rpm; I could hear the little Mazda wailing. Then he gets pissed and floors it. You all know what comes next; that's right - blew past him like he was standing still. Oh, he tried to catch up, but we all know that's silly.

At this point I just have to laugh at those tuner kids. You know how silly those blue corners, undercar neons, fake hoodscoops, heavy wheels, and farty exhausts are, kid (whomever you are)? - And I know you're hunting the net to find out just what the hell that was that smoked you; I saw that look on your face through your badly tinted windows...
Old 12-09-2003, 09:52 AM

No question that this is one of the best highway cars I have ever owned. I had a Porsche 928 for a brief time several years ago, and this car reminds me of that one. The difference is mainly in the gas mileage (the Porsche could pass everything but a gas station).
Old 12-09-2003, 05:42 PM

Talking

At this point I just have to laugh at those tuner kids. You know how silly those blue corners, undercar neons, fake hoodscoops, heavy wheels, and farty exhausts are, kid (whomever you are)? - And I know you're hunting the net to find out just what the hell that was that smoked you; I saw that look on your face through your badly tinted windows... [/B][/QUOTE

I'm in no way promoting going as fast as I was, It was on a highway I know well ( QEW bet. St. Cat and Hamilton) and it was only for a "moment"....smile..... my avg. speed was 100mph, from St.Cat. to Toronto.....YES....They like to drive that fast up north, and my still got 27mpg when I arrived. I wouldn't THINK to drive that fast in the States....except on the 285 in ATL.