Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2011, 08:19 PM
Old Fogey

Registered SVX
Re: 92 Ls-l California, Best Offer

I would like to point out one fact not brought to the table yet, and that is RUST. If this is a West Coast car it has NO Cancer anywhere. Having purchased a car from the salt belt, I believe this to be a good selling point. Granted, the add-ons could be removed, and the price dropped, but then it's a potential parts car. You're just going to have to be patient until the right buyer comes along, and I can't help but believe that the points mentioned above make it a decent value, at a slightly reduced price. Just my $.02 Kitt.

Glenn

1993 25th Anniversary Edition #63 of 301. R.I.P. Rojo 7/24/2008 She saved my life!
1997 Ebony Mica Pearl LSI. BLACKBERRY
1998 5-Spd Legacy GT Wagon in Glacier White: NUBURU
2005 Cadillac STS in Sandstorm Metallic: STORMY

Veteran and farthest traveler of 1st SoCal2MuseumsMeet2010.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?RojoRocket
Old 09-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

I took the no rust factor into my comment. And I still hold that to be the truth. Overall, much of anything in the western half of the country does not have rust. Even in the mountains, from what I've heard from people and what I've known, they do not use harsh chemicals. That being said, the ones who would care that it is rust free would be spending another $1k or more for shipping/transport on a car from California.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX

I've been thinking this over and I can't see taking anything off the car. Currently I'd give the car a C-, but I don't want to downgrade it to a D at best and sell it so cheap. If the car goes to a network member then I figure it'll either live on, or provide the parts for another to live on. If I sell it for a grand on Craigslist it'll last a year then get crushed. So I've heard in this thread that it's a $1000-1500 car; make me an offer. You'll get your money's worth for that price, and I'll have the piece of mind that it's in good hands. Besides after everything this forum has given me, the least I could do is offer some fresh tires in return.

$1500 OBO
I won't list it elsewhere at that price.

Thanks,
-Kit W.
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.

Last edited by K_Dub; 09-04-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:06 PM

Registered SVX

Good luck Kit. Sorry for being the start of the bearing of bad/tough news. Wish there was a way for you to keep the SVX and get it fixed up to fully enjoy it.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
Good luck Kit. Sorry for being the start of the bearing of bad/tough news. Wish there was a way for you to keep the SVX and get it fixed up to fully enjoy it.
Thanks. If it were an option I'd totally keep it. I'm not ruling out buying a very nice one someday when I have the means. I've just got to move on.

BTW here's my local competition.

Subaru 91 SVX, $3000 (seriously click the link, it's hilarious)

This old joke that's been posted a million times here, now $1999

A decent looking 92 with similar mileage, $3000

Another non-runner 92, a realistic $1300 IMHO

That's it. That's the local market. I didn't expect to have this much trouble, but then I bet that the second guy didn't think so either when he first listed a year ago. I mean he's got flames, right?
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Old 09-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Re: 92 Ls-l California, $500 OBO

Look what I found yesterday for $200 I think they're from an Accord, with some real ugly Michelins wrapped around them.

I wouldn't drive far on them, I think that puts the car in a "bring a trailer" category. I'm pulling the stereo this afternoon. I think we'll have a solid $500 car on our hands. She still runs, took her for a lap yesterday and twice last week, but those tires are pretty scary up close and it thumped quite a bit above 20mph.

Let's see some $500 offers before this baby ends up going to charity.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:08 PM

why is the car undriveable? are the tires you put on it too close offset wise?
Old 09-20-2011, 12:27 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by renjiv2 View Post
why is the car undriveable? are the tires you put on it too close offset wise?
The tires are probably weather checked or worn badly. That is why they probably shouldn't be driven on...
Old 09-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX

I'm still here, although not with good news. That right-front tire is slowly leaking and I can see a patch job done to the sidewall.

That explains the thumping, and the low-low price. It appears that even in this economy you get what you pay for. The other three tires are all uniformly worn, but not urgently so. They'd get you by if that one wasn't in such bad shape but it isn't trustworthy in this state.

Still looking for $500 on it. Anyone?

Old 10-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX

I'm feeling pretty discouraged here. I'm just going to have to donate it to charity, it can't sit on the street any more. Hopefully it gets bought and fixed by someone, but without my records it won't be worth much at auction. No offers on the tires either. I drove around with them in the wagon all afternoon and the best offer I got was $250 (not worth my back-ache after spending $200 on these). I've lost my shirt on this one.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Unhappy Re: 92 Ls-l California, Best Offer

As of last Saturday the car is no longer available (at least not by me).

I ended up donating it to the NPR radio station that I listen to. We'll see how she does in the auction; I'm going to have a really rough tax year so I'm going to grab the deduction and run.

I miss the SVX. I haven't driven it at all since September and only scarcely since about July, but it's weird not having it parked outside. I used to check on it constantly sitting on the street below my house and I'm having trouble breaking the habit. At first I imagined that folks would see it and say "Cool, look at that", but after that many months it's time to pack up the Topanga Canyon Roadside Modern Art Exhibit as I suspect it's outstayed its welcome. I left a mini notebook that I'd logged my maintenance in tucked into the owner's manual. Hopefully it's found by it's lucky new owner. Keep an eye on Copart and others and you might get it for a song.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

If only this had been closer. I'd have dropped 500 cash on the spot to put this rust free beauty in my driveway.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.