Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-03-2009, 01:45 AM
FLATT racing div.

Registered SVX
Windshield replacement

Who do you guys recommend? What is the average price for this repair. Is safelite autoglass ok for windshield replacement? Or would I be better off going somewhere else?

Got a crack in mine after the really cold winter we had this year. I just thought I would ask before paying too much or going to the wrong place and having em screw it up. Thanks.

former:
1991 4wd XT6 5sp. (SUBDUED)
Old 06-03-2009, 06:42 AM

Re: Windshield replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcyone Lunacy View Post
Who do you guys recommend? What is the average price for this repair. Is safelite autoglass ok for windshield replacement? Or would I be better off going somewhere else?

Got a crack in mine after the really cold winter we had this year. I just thought I would ask before paying too much or going to the wrong place and having em screw it up. Thanks.
I had good experience with safelite replaced my wife's cobolt windshield, but when i tried to get one for the svx they said it'd be $1200 and all their sources were out of stock. I think you'd have better luck buying one from a member and have someone install it. I've seen most being sold by member for $250-$400. I NEED ONE TOO! PM ME IF YOU GOT ONE!
Old 06-03-2009, 07:51 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

We sell used windshields for $500 installed. Shipping could pose a problem though

Edit: I have worked for Safelite and they have good and bad techs. Make sure you are very specific with your requests to them.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:30 AM
FLATT racing div.

Registered SVX

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Has anyone got one thru Dayle? So I may be best to find a windshield and have it delivered/installed locally. I met up with another couple here in sheboygan that has a 94 white lsi and they had the exact same thing happen to then this winter! Crazy! Anyway they said it cost them $1600 to have it repaired here locally! I'll be sure to resarch my options! Any further advice is appreciated.

former:
1991 4wd XT6 5sp. (SUBDUED)
Old 06-07-2009, 07:10 AM

Registered SVX

Will insurance be paying for it? I just replaced mine and had to order it through Subaru to get the moulding that goes around the windshield. The aftermarket windshields don't come with one. I also had a bronze one in the car and it was hard to find another one to replace it. I've heard that you can reuse the moulding but you have to be careful when removing it.
Kool Blue air filter, 4500k HID's, airbox mod, Hella horns, WRX 6 disc stereo, Infinity Reference and Clarion Pro Audio speakers, Infinity basslink sub, ECUtune Stage 1v5, ECUtune TCU, Power mode mod, Mad muffler mod v1.3
Old 06-07-2009, 07:44 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxash View Post
Will insurance be paying for it? I just replaced mine and had to order it through Subaru to get the moulding that goes around the windshield. The aftermarket windshields don't come with one. I also had a bronze one in the car and it was hard to find another one to replace it. I've heard that you can reuse the moulding but you have to be careful when removing it.

It is possible to re-use the moulding, we have our glass installer do it sometimes when we have a glass w/o the moulding or with one that has been chewed up. I tried to get one off myself... lawls You need to be very careful in removing it

TOm