Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-19-2009, 09:25 PM

Re: What boost can you run on a stock EG33 motor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Seriously, I don't know why you are being so stubborn. The engine can be used in different cars. Does that make it not a stock engine anymore? I am not beating a dead horse here. When I was in college learning about being a good teacher they told me a couple things. One was that some people learn by experience. Some people learn through description. Another was that some people learn from repetition. Sooooo I tried to do all of those and you still don't get it. A honda with an intake is still a stock engine. A subaru with a cat-back still has a stock engine. An SVX w/ a supercharger, custom manifolds on both ends of the engine, injectors, ( I hope you see where I am going here) all put on a stock engine STILL has a stock ENGINE. It has different things attached to it. Those attachments are accessories to the ENGINE. So if you say a stock engine cannot have anything attached to it that was not original equiptment, then there can be NO boosted stock engines in the world, by your definition of course.

Tom
Hey guess what, I'm working on my Master's in Secondary Education so I know all about the diferent learning styles and such. I have got A's in all my courses so far. Just because I am debating you do not think you can throw it back at me saying that my students will be doomed. If students are not free to ask questions to try to understand then it is doing them no good to say "you just don't get it, this is the way it is because I say it is like this." I am saying, "here is point of view and here are my reasons." Did you also learn to see from the student's point of view to see why they are not getting it or that you should not limit yourself as a teacher with your methods? Make me your student, teach me then if I am so absolutely wrong. If you can change my point of view, then job well done, but until you can make me believe your way of thinking, I am sticking to my beliefs.

If you pull an engine, all it's accessories, and computer/wiring out of the SVX and put it in a honda, then it is stock because in no way has the way the engine operates been altered. And yes by my definition even adding some sort of F/I makes an engine not stock, even if just the F/I mechanism is added and nothing else, because it again is no longer factory stock as to operations of the engine. Hell if you throw a K&N air filter in the airbox the operations of the engine are no longer stock, change the gap of OEM spark plugs and it is no longer absolutely stock as there has been an alteration, even though ever so slight, to how the engine operates.

Last edited by y2daniel1981; 07-19-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Engine.... Engine Management.... Lets break this down here. An engine needs engine management to run. But is the engine not an engine anymore without it? So all those people selling engines on ebay and where have you are lying because you cannot start and run it on the crate? I do realize you are trying to prove a point here. BUT the point is for no good reason other than to contradict what I have said thus far. So now that you are going for your masters, Sorry I only have my BA for secondary hist., at what point will you realize if you try this with your students you will only look like you were defending yourself and not your point? I have said my piece and backed it up with evidence of my experience to answer the question asked. I will no longer contribute to this mockery of a debate.

Tom
Old 07-19-2009, 10:25 PM

tom, how much whp where you pulling on 9psi setup. doesnt also affect the type of turbo you are using in order to setup the amount of psi
Old 07-23-2009, 07:45 PM
word words wording

Send a message via AIM to SomethingElse Send a message via MSN to SomethingElse

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR me no like engines...make me angry engine go vroom

This reminds me of the Budfreak and DaveyGravey days...without all of the.... ***** !!! im gonna **** your mother and **** spill blood out of your ****ing kids and slit your ****ing throat then grab my **** and balls then dip them in your ****ing mouth and piss down your ****ty neck mother ****er all while ****ing your girlfriend in front of you!

well kinda

Rebuilt P/S pump info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50918

If your car wont start info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ighlight=click
Old 07-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX

I can haz vroom?

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 07-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

Here's a hot idea - what if we make our standing question perfectly clear?

Let's say we're running with a stock block, stock heads, stock pistons, crank, valves, and all other internals. Given that a compressed intake charge is stuffed in there, how much pressure can it handle?

I think that's the question at hand. The ECU, air conditioning, muffler, air filter, and taillights (related via alternator omg!) don't count in this scenario!
Old 07-24-2009, 12:46 AM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX

The whole stock and not stock....
Pressure is pressure, regardless of what has been done to improve overall cfm's of air passing throught the engine. Stock would refer to the stock internals, as the exhaust and intake would be modified in a tubrocharged setup anyway.\
The stock ecu is the first bottleneck in a f/i set up. You can cram as much extra air into the cylenders as you want...It isn't going to help if there's no more fuel going in. The air to fuel mix will run lean, and the engine will pull timing to compensate. The point it is safe to run boost without a mechanism (ecu, or in the olden days, bigger injectrs and fuel pressure regulators)adding any extra fuel... I couldn't tell you. With the proper fueling and timing safeguards in place to prevent detonation, engine's stock internals, sensors, miscelanious bolt on equipment and all of their sub divisionaries and affiliates can handle 9psi safely.
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 07-24-2009, 06:30 AM
Hater

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)