SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2005, 07:17 AM
Formally Capuano

Got My "New" SVX - Have some questions

Well, it FINALLY arrived. My "NEW" dark teal '92 LS-L with only 34,800 miles. It's a BEAUTY! I've already had someone ask what it is, and I've only driven it 50 miles! I talked to the previous & original owner (a 79 year old lady in Oregon...seriously!), and she told me where she got it serviced. She traded it on a Chrysler. Go figure.

Now for the DUMB technical questions. First of all, the keyless remote. I got one key and this black thing with a red dot in the middle. All the red dot does is make the security light inside start blinking (about 3x/sec). Do I just follow the instructions in the manual to program it? Does this car have keyless door locks?

Also, I have two black "2 square button" remotes from a 1997 Outback. Can they be programmed to work with this car?

Now the important questions:

The TRANNY. It's a 1992, the date of manufacture is 01/92, the VIN is NH108835, and the tranny number is 933302. What do I need to do? Aftermarket cooler? In-line filter? What about the infamous "screen" that clogs up? And how do I tell if the ATF pressure and temperature is OK? I've heard the gauge is worthless. Is there some factory upgrade/recall that I can check on with the dealer that serviced it for 12 years? I've read just enough in this forum to be scared to death of this problem. Should I just take it to a reliable transmission shop and let them figure it out & make recommendations?

The BEARINGS: was there some recall by Subaru with this problem, or am I on my own here until they fail?

The RADIATOR: Is it going to explode on me? It's got some multi-shaded black plastic radiator in it now, which I assume is the original, but my '94 came with an all-black radiator.

Right now the car runs GREAT. It's smooth, quiet, and powerful. Maybe I should just do nothing & pray a lot?

Thanks for any help.

'94 LSi Barcelona Red 158,000 miles
'92 LS-L Dark Teal 47,000 miles
'95 Olds Acheiva 104,000 miles
'85 Audi 4000 135,000 miles
'87 Supra 129,000 miles - 2nd JDM engine