Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 11-02-2013, 12:58 AM
Aussie in enemy territory

Registered SVX
Fun Run meet idea for Feb 2014

Just been looking at upcoming car events and came across this one: http://www.concours.org.nz/funrun.html
It's an open event so might be a good one for a few SVX's...

thoughts?
Old 11-02-2013, 01:52 AM

Re: Fun Run meet idea for Feb 2014

I'm in.
Have you posted your photos of our trip to Raglan somewhere ?
Old 11-03-2013, 04:42 PM

Could be a goer for us also - but the issue is that we may actually be in Napier that weekend, will get back to you on this.
1995 LSI, Added the following - Gear Firm-Up unit (that I sell) together with Power TCU ROM & Power switch, K&N air filter, SVX side badges (USA type), Rear Deck Blower (JDM type), Side front markers (USA type), Side rear markers (USA type), Middle rear light (USA type), USA OEM Fog Lights fitted into NZ OEM glass (NZ OEM headlights had only reflectors fitted) Full set of yellow (90SH) Polish bushes includes 15 min mod, R1 Concepts drilled/slotted/gold finish rotors & Red covered braided brake lines (both from Dayle at Motorsport warehouse), EBC Redstuff brake pads. Full SVX bra (only used for shows). Koni adjustable inserts fitted inside OEM strut body, Zoom lowering springs (2" lower), OEM headlight washers fitted.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:41 AM

Registered SVX

[Bump] Just a reminder; don't want this falling off the discussion list

Entries should be available soon and close 28th January.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:59 AM

I took a look at the link with the intention of signing up, but it looks like we have to be a member of a car club.
erk ?
Old 12-05-2013, 01:48 AM

Registered SVX

Hi Shane; the "fun run" in the link is open to everyone but entry/registration has not opened yet. It's only the official concourse events that require recognised club membership.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:44 AM

Any idea how we should get "club" status ?
1995 LSI, Added the following - Gear Firm-Up unit (that I sell) together with Power TCU ROM & Power switch, K&N air filter, SVX side badges (USA type), Rear Deck Blower (JDM type), Side front markers (USA type), Side rear markers (USA type), Middle rear light (USA type), USA OEM Fog Lights fitted into NZ OEM glass (NZ OEM headlights had only reflectors fitted) Full set of yellow (90SH) Polish bushes includes 15 min mod, R1 Concepts drilled/slotted/gold finish rotors & Red covered braided brake lines (both from Dayle at Motorsport warehouse), EBC Redstuff brake pads. Full SVX bra (only used for shows). Koni adjustable inserts fitted inside OEM strut body, Zoom lowering springs (2" lower), OEM headlight washers fitted.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:19 PM

Registered SVX

Can be done Steve but it's a bit of a mission considering that we have very few numbers. Also, not all car clubs are recognised by various organisations.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:12 PM

hi all, i would love to see us have our own nz svx club, many owners dont even know about this forum, im sure nz classic car magazine would know whats involved in setting up an affiliated club accepted by other clubs....carl.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhoffmann View Post
hi all, i would love to see us have our own nz svx club, many owners dont even know about this forum, im sure nz classic car magazine would know whats involved in setting up an affiliated club accepted by other clubs....carl.
I 'know' the publisher.. leave it with me for a week.

Daniel

Last edited by danielparker; 12-06-2013 at 01:34 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:44 AM

great .... cannot wait.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:16 PM

If you know the publisher, why not drop a hint that SVXs are a sleeping classic that are just crying out for a four page spread. :-)
Old 12-11-2013, 12:33 AM

OK.. I got a response that I wasn't expecting..

"If you write a paragraph about wanting to set up a club and send that with a photo or two to me, I will forward to the editors of a couple of our magazines. They will run your copy in print and online and that will get any interested folks your contact info.
Send to me when you are ready."

This isn't something that I want/can take ownership of.. Any takers?

Daniel
Old 12-11-2013, 11:09 AM

Carl Hoffmann - he is a chance for you to get a list of ALL Svx owners in NZ.... by becoming the caretaker to get the local guys into a magazine....
Old 12-11-2013, 02:42 PM

thanks stephen, but my computer skills are not up to it, im going to a wrecker today to try and find a radiator and top tank for our friend down south. i dont mind contributing a share to get a local club underway..the wrecker in cromwell has quite a few subarus..there are lots out there...carl.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: