Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX World Network Official Group Buys > Group Buys

Old 12-10-2011, 08:55 PM

Re: Bontrager Works 22mm RSB kit BB NEW NOV. 24, 2011!!

I have your bar too and I believe that it was installed incorrectly and it's pretty noisey. I want to have it reinstalled with new hardware.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:25 PM

Lookin4svx, fair enough. I completely understand. Also, I've considered offering the teflon coated endlinks as an upgrade for current owners, at a discounted price compared to what they go for in the kit. I'll get my ducks in a row and get back to you.

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!
Old 12-10-2011, 10:50 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

I'll be interested in more info about the teflon coated endlinks. Still think boots wouldn't be a bad idea.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 12-16-2011, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
I'll be interested in more info about the teflon coated endlinks. Still think boots wouldn't be a bad idea.
Just an update about the boots...

Even on the rough ice and frozen slush up in northern WI (This is the first time I am driving my 92 in the salt) my endlinks have been remarkably quiet. Even if Nevin doesn't offer them as an option on next batch of bars, I am happy with mine, and would recommend them, even without being packed with grease, just to cover the endlinks. Not only for the noise reduction, but also for those of us who drive our SVXs in the winter, a little protection from the salt.

Also, for anyone considering the Bontrager Works RSB, I can concur the praise that has already been said about the product. It is beautifully made and improves the handling of the car dramatically. This is the first time I am driving my almost rust free SVX in the winter, and with Nevin's bar on this car I am having a much better time this season! The larger rear bar keeps the car A LOT more neutral when you change directions. Compared to the stock bar, which would need a large amount of throttle to break the back end loose, the 22mm bar allows the car to be pushed gracefully to the limits of grip, and then, even if the back end does break free, the car is balanced enough that the driver can bring it back under control. I would highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys driving their SVX, as it is, in my opinion, the best suspension improvement that can be added.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:39 PM

Alright, for those waiting I am sorry it has taken so long. So that's... one person so far, lol. Anyway, we had a bit of a delay at the powdercoater, but the bars are back in my posession now. Waiting on a few more little parts (and stickers) and then we'll be ready to ship out.

Thanks again!!!

Old 12-30-2011, 09:52 AM

Registered SVX

No worries, Nevin. My car is still undergoing major surgery right now. take your time.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:57 PM

Registered SVX

I want one!!! where do I sign?
ECUTune V1.4
Custom Cat-back
Old 03-03-2012, 11:23 AM

Alright, for Michael and Dave I am going to try to get your bars packaged up this afternoon and get them coming your ways!

For everyone else, I do have an update.

I am no longer going to even include the "standard" endlinks with the bars. I never had problems with mine, but too many other people did with noise, so I am only going to include the chromoly/teflon coated links now.

That said, to counter the cost increase of parts, I will have to raise the price slightly to $275 shipped. But rest assured, not only do you get better links, you're also the first batch of bars to get STICKERS!!!! Because everyone knows that stickers make everything faster. Heck, I put one on my toolbox and even it is faster now!! The stickers look exactly like the "Bontrager Works" logo in silver and blue, and are approximately 5" x 2".

Any other questions, please ask.

For people who asked about just the links themselves, I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet. My internet has been very spotty recently as my house is being remodelled and sometimes things just don't get plugged back in!

I will consult my price sheets, and post a general update here for all to see.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Out Driving and Revieiwing

Registered SVX

Hey Nevin,

How many sway bars are left?

-Mike
Old 03-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Money sent. I'm insanely excited for this bar.
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 03-09-2012, 08:30 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Mike View Post
Hey Nevin,

How many sway bars are left?

-Mike
Same for me -- spring is coming and I need one!
'97 Ebony LSi #426, CDM (1 of 51 in '97), 185k km, rebuilt engine & transfer case; 22mm Bontrager RSB; 4300k HID 9006 bulbs SOLD
'92 Ebony LS-L #6851, USDM (sold)
'08 Forester (wife's)
'06 STi (traded for the Forester)
'94 Legacy wagon (sold)
Old 03-19-2012, 05:42 PM

Registered SVX

Mine arrived on Friday while I was at work, was windy on Sat and Sun (no garage ) and its freakin' SNOWING today. whuts up with that?
ECUTune V1.4
Custom Cat-back
Old 03-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Had OT install mine a few days ago.. One word to sum it up? Wow..

This thing is awesome and it dramatically improves the handling of the vehicle. My tires are nearly bald though so I hear them chirp as I make hard turns.

Oh and there is no noise with the new endlinks..
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 03-20-2012, 03:59 PM

Nevin,
I'm still interested in the end links and hardware if you decide to sell them.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:22 PM

Registered SVX

Got it installed today. Man what a difference! Will be putting it thru its paces tomorrow! Thanks Nevin!

Cant wait till the rallycross on the 31st

Dave
ECUTune V1.4
Custom Cat-back

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: