Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 01-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySVX View Post
Here's my exit strategy:
In october I went out and bought a 47" LCD 1080p HDTV and 7.1 surround sound system, prices were slashed due to a weary economy.

In December I spent way to much on Christmas gifts for my kids and family.
Same here (reso, size, month), only no surround sound.

I went into Fred Meyer yesterday to get a DVI to HDMI cable and they had a massive stock of TVs. 52 inch Samsung, 120hz for $1899. It's a friggin steal. I would have bought it then and there if I didn't already have my puny 47''.

Prices are dropping everywhere I look. Time to spend, unless it's on HDMI cables. Get that crap off Ebay or Newegg. $50 cable you got to be kidding me. (I bought it anyway. Newegg charges $18 to ship one to me. )

If I go broke and start to go hungry I'll just buy a rifle and go hunt a moose. Meh.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 01-28-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Re: Whats your exit strategy?

Oh yeah, I picked up my 47" for $800 with 4 year in home warranty from best buy. It was fantastic. Also, DVI > HDMI 6' on ebay is $4, in store is like $50. Cables are horrible in stores, that's where companies do all their markup. When I walked out of best buy with a tv and nothing else, I thought the guy was going to cry. He tried, but I was prepared. I had already bought all my HD cables on ebay and had the invoices iwth me. BTW, that $4 is shipped, not + shipping. He just stared at it when I showed him. My TV was open box, which brought it down a few hundred. Broken stand, but I already had an entertainment center with wall mount built in, so I didn't see a reason why not. Plus they threw in the warranty, so I couldn't argue that it might be defective. It looks awesome paired with my PS3 too.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySVX View Post
Oh yeah, I picked up my 47" for $800 with 4 year in home warranty from best buy. It was fantastic. Also, DVI > HDMI 6' on ebay is $4, in store is like $50. Cables are horrible in stores, that's where companies do all their markup. When I walked out of best buy with a tv and nothing else, I thought the guy was going to cry. He tried, but I was prepared. I had already bought all my HD cables on ebay and had the invoices iwth me. BTW, that $4 is shipped, not + shipping. He just stared at it when I showed him. My TV was open box, which brought it down a few hundred. Broken stand, but I already had an entertainment center with wall mount built in, so I didn't see a reason why not. Plus they threw in the warranty, so I couldn't argue that it might be defective. It looks awesome paired with my PS3 too.
Any cable at any of the stores is all markup. My friend worked at best buy for awhile and there discount is store cost so he could get ethernet cables for $0.95 and HDMIs for about $3 at the time. And length didn't change the price much either
Old 01-28-2009, 11:07 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
Time to spend, unless it's on HDMI cables. Get that crap off Ebay or Newegg. $50 cable you got to be kidding me. (I bought it anyway. Newegg charges $18 to ship one to me. )
monoprice.com

i bought 6 of different lengths @ $3.xx-$5.xx each.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: