Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2008, 12:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to JLHollowX13
11 more days

im pretty psyched here. i graduate high school in 11 days. i have worked hard, kept my grades up, im in the top 15% of my class. got into my first choice college early, the beginning of this school year (western state, not very big and not very well-known, but EXACTLY what ive always wanted). ill be going in for a biology major most likely, and a sociology minor for sure. i would love to just be a car mechanic, but ive come to realize that working on cars will just always be a big part of my life, but nothing i can make a career out of. just my hobby.

graduating high school probably doesnt seem like a big event to anyone on here, but jeez, its been 12 years of my life that will finally be closed! ill finally be able to go out and do what i want and make a name for myself. also, saying im graduating high school probably makes me look like an immature teenager that probably gets everything handed to him (horrible stereotype). but thats definitely not me. ill be the first person in my family to go to college, all paid for by none other than me, as everything i have is. my parents are really looking to me in the aspect of getting out on my own and going to college. they never even had a chance to go to college.

this summer my plans are to get the svx fixed up a bit, take a trip and visit some family, find a second job to make some more cash/fund the svx and get ready for the real world!

well i better get off to bed, i have an ap chemistry test in the morning and i can use all the free money/credits i can get!
Old 05-13-2008, 12:39 AM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Congrats! Just be sure to embrace your last days in H.S., as they are.... or can be some of the most memorable! =)
Old 05-13-2008, 02:46 AM
word words wording

Send a message via AIM to SomethingElse Send a message via MSN to SomethingElse
being a mechanic isnt fun anymore. When you work on cars for 10 hours a day 5 days a week, then you come home with 2.5 dead cars in your garage/driveway, your motivation falls off the map. but it is nice to have the option of working your life away and pulling in 100k a year.

Congrats on graduation. man I loved high school. So many girls to ...meet and have relations with...top 15% is crazy, thats like alot of work! I was in the bottom 15%, as most poeple can tell my spalling suxks

Rebuilt P/S pump info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50918

If your car wont start info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ighlight=click
Old 05-13-2008, 07:01 AM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
I get out June 3 and graduate the 12th of june. I can't wait I personally hate having to go to HS. I enjoyed College classes I took and well, Just wanna get it done with. I'm in the same boat as paying for college by myself.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 05-13-2008, 12:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to JLHollowX13
the stuff you said about being a mechanic is also something i dont want to deal with. i wanna have fun with my toys and have alot of time off. neither of my parents went to college, but my dad started his own business and they do pretty good. he gets alot of time off and thats really what i want. to be able to make the $ i need, but also have my own time. you only live once and i dont want to waste it working my whole life!

congrats to you Wikedjuggalo, im with you on HS, i hate it too! i cant wait to be out and go somewhere i actually CHOOSE myself. although i love where i live and i always will.