Old 04-26-2008, 02:57 AM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
WTF is "special"?

Roughly 3.80 - 3.90 here for 90 grade.
lol, didn't notice that... Special? (g'know... we take a'bit from the low grade... a'bit from the high grade... it's special kinda g'know? ).

94 FTW!
Old 04-26-2008, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevin View Post

Oh well, life is hard.

The way I see it though is that in the U.S. we have enjoyed low gas prices for quite some time. Them going up is inevitable, and it doesn't really bother me. Everything's more expensive now, it's just what makes the world go 'round.
Its an issue when oil companies are posting record profits while the rest of the companies in our country are struggling. Our buying power is much lower and I sense a panic coming on from the general public once gas goes to $5 a gallon.

Posted via Windows Mobile 6 Device
Old 04-26-2008, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tims Phone View Post
Its an issue when oil companies are posting record profits while the rest of the companies in our country are struggling. Our buying power is much lower and I sense a panic coming on from the general public once gas goes to $5 a gallon.
I do agree that the oil companies seem to be making a questionable amount of profit, but it has only been in the last couple of months that the price has set a new record compared with average income. I mean, our income has gone up steadily and the price remained largely the same for a long time. Then all of a sudden it "caught up" with everything else.

Not saying that I am a fan of gas prices catching up with everything else, but from what I've read and done a "bit" of research on, that seems to be the case.

Like I said though, I'm not saying "yay for high gas prices!" Just... it doesn't really bother me. Although, in one week, the price of premium went up $0.60 locally here. I was not a fan of that at all...

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!
Old 04-26-2008, 11:40 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
While I do hate the high prices, that is just a result of the situation we are in and I do think it is fair, record breaking profits or not. It's an easy way to force people to think about conservation.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:54 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
4 bucks a gallon, gee that's tough!!!

My friend Joe just came back from New Zealand via a few days stop-over in California, drove from LA to San Francisco.

He's been telling me with glee how little it cost him to fill up the car and drive along the Pacific highway.

This week I paid €1.28 per litre for a fill up. That works out at US $2.00473 per litre.

Your US gallon consists of 3.785 litres approximately.

So here in Ireland your US gallon of fuel costs $7.59.

Or look at it another way. Your SVX is nearly empty and you put 65 litres of fuel into it. Yeah, that's going to cost you $130, so you would not want to be filling it up more than once or twice a week, I expect.

Over in England where my friend Joe is living, fuel is about 20% more expensive than it is here in Ireland. Filling your SVX over there is going to cost around $150.

I expect if you guys have never traveled abroad, and I mean abroad other than Gulf states where there is no tax on gasoline, then you probably have no real idea how cheaply you have been buying your fuel compared to people in other countries.

Welcome to the world of turbo-diesel worshipers.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 04-26-2008, 06:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to JLHollowX13
over here diesel is even more expensive than the normal, and my boss who runs a diesel is feeling it now. he thought it would be better a few years back, now he is thinking about getting a junker that good on gas for running around. i am definitely glad we dont have to pay 130 to fill the svx though. something needs to happen that opens new doors to cheaper/more environmentally safe fuels. i heard a few years ago that someone here in the states invented something that drastically cut down on fuel consumption in any vehicle, supposedly it would give you an insane amount of miles/gallon. i guess either some big oil company or car manufacturer bought it from him for millions/billions because it would have hurt the oil industry bad. i dont know if its true or not, but i havent heard anything since then.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: