Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-03-2008, 10:44 PM
i can make it on my oooowwwnn!

so just t-tap A-4 and hook it up to a ground switch, is that the jist of this? i hope so cause i have an extra switch next to my gear selector that i've been wanting to hook back up. everyone askes what the switch is and i joke it's the flex capacitor on/off, now that could sorta be true
Old 03-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
yeah, you got it. ground pin a4. Done

Im about 3/4ths the way through modifing a radio shack switch and a spare shift lock to make my power mode switch
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 03-04-2008, 02:39 PM
SVX- My daily driving Corvette

Send a message via AIM to CorSVXette
Classic SVX
I want to put this switch in( or should I say have YT do it for me) but I just realized that I cannot get my power mode to kick in The light works because I see it when I turn the key on but when I jump on the gas it will not kick in. Anybody have any ideas before I bring in down south to YT & Co.?
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander
Old 03-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorSVXette View Post
I want to put this switch in( or should I say have YT do it for me) but I just realized that I cannot get my power mode to kick in The light works because I see it when I turn the key on but when I jump on the gas it will not kick in. Anybody have any ideas before I bring in down south to YT & Co.?
Slam the pedal down from a dead stop.

But anyway, the pin A4 thing works differently from the whole "slam the pedal" bit, so you'll be fine either way.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:39 PM

cool, looking forward to this mod this weekend.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:42 PM
I kill more trannies then god

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorSVXette View Post
you have to push the pedal down fast, power mode is engaged when the car thinks your going to do some maneuvers, not just that you need the transmission to kick down to pass people.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Looks and smells great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha View Post
Yeah. You can do that, but then you can't use manual mode anymore or read trans error codes.
So, the switch that I have right now for "power mode" wouldn't turn into the new "manual mode" switch if I swap out the wires in A4 and A6?
1992 LSL Pearlie: 108k, 15min/$15 mod, Alternator wiring "upgrade," Power Mode switch, K&N drop-in, 4500k 35w low-beam HIDs, 3000k 35w fog HIDs, lots more planned (pending funds, of course)- 4.44 5spd being at the top of the list.
"We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
-C.S. Lewis
Old 03-05-2008, 01:25 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
So, the switch that I have right now for "power mode" wouldn't turn into the new "manual mode" switch if I swap out the wires in A4 and A6?
You already have a power mode switch?

OK. I just re-read your posts. Now I understand. Yeah, if you swap the wires then the switches will swap over.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II
Old 03-05-2008, 05:07 AM

Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomake Wan View Post
Slam the pedal down from a dead stop.

But anyway, the pin A4 thing works differently from the whole "slam the pedal" bit, so you'll be fine either way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffast View Post
you have to push the pedal down fast, power mode is engaged when the car thinks your going to do some maneuvers, not just that you need the transmission to kick down to pass people.
I tried that. I don't like to beat on my car but I will try it a few more times.
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander
Old 03-05-2008, 08:06 AM

Classic SVX
Ok Got it to work. I got it to come on by driving at about 40 mph and flooring it. . Just wanted to make sure it worked. Thanks for all the input. Now to put in the button
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander
Old 03-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Done. I mounted a switch inside my ashtray and drilled a hole through the back for the wires. There's a 10mm nut that's easy to reach behind the ashtray that works perfectly for the ground. We got about a foot of snow today, so I haven't had a proper opportunity to test it out yet, but it seems to help the hesistation I get in lower RPM's.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 03-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Alright, after a bit more fun: This rocks!!!

I still have no opportunity to mash the pedal and see what happens, but it's much easier to get the car sideways around a corner. Before I had to get on the gas in advance of where I wanted to car to break free, now I can hit it wherever and there's instantly a kick and then spinning tires and then sideays and countersteering and ZOOM! And a Hemi Charger driver with a hurt look on his face when he caught up to me at the next light.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 03-09-2008, 10:56 PM

great scott, definately the best cost to benifit ratio yet. i used the wife method to test and this is what i found after she drove it today without knowing what i did.
wf:what did you do to the car and how much did it cost?
me:
wf:did you put something in the gas?
meower mode switch, what do ya think?
wf:i think my neck is sore from trying to hold my head off the seat.
me: nice!!!!!!
really, this should have been standard on ours too, but it's easy enough to do so what are you waiting for?
Old 03-10-2008, 07:03 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Did mine today. I skipped the switch and just grounded it. I probably would never turn power mode off anyway
Thanks for the research into this and the how to thread that is linked with the pics - it made it very easy!
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
before I start yanking wires...it it the same pinout for the obd2 cars?
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten